Name some scary games.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
Bioshock :I was really suprised by the amount of blood and gore in it.
Lots of blood,lots of gore,violence,half burnt bodies,half rotten dead bodies,and etc...
And shows all these with believability using one of the best graphics in games.
I was wondering y ESRB dint have problems with this game.I mean they like to create controversies like banning manhunt 2 etc.

P

paranj

nope Biolol i mean Bioshock is not horror. Its an action game. I just played FEAR somewhat. Hey are there any horror games from Electronic Farts?

P

paranj

ya and play FIFA08. NFS ProStreet. RUN RUN!! Electronic Farts are destroying gaming.:D See now u are in a scary game urself:D:D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Bioshock is not horror... its a psychological thriller. Play it at a dark room, full volume and base, or preferably with headphones, and you'll find yourself inside Rapture. And if you listen to all audio diaries in the game you can understand the full story... i love that game :)

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
resident evil 4 (don't play this game on pc..play on console for better gaming experience)

Condemned

Condemned 2: bloodshot

pain killer series

Stalker

Padawan
Resident Evil 4 on PC :razz:
The Most Scary part is to aim you gun with the keyboard :mad:

Mouse-fix patches are available, but dont respond that well, the game is meant to be played with a gamepad.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
Doubt :: is resident evil even slightly playable with use of any patches or any other support files??
After seeing RS4 on GC,i was xited 2 install it but removed it after playing for 5 min :( .no patches were available then.anythin chngd yet??

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Thats some "horrific" games. I would like to know which of these supports LAN Multiplay? please

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Doubt :: is resident evil even slightly playable with use of any patches or any other support files??
After seeing RS4 on GC,i was xited 2 install it but removed it after playing for 5 min :( .no patches were available then.anythin chngd yet??
To tell you the truth, I just got myself a gamepad yesterday & installed RE4 just to see if I could manage it on PC again.I now stand convinced that PS2 is the only platform on which this game is more enjoyable.This game on PC is seriously messed up.Even on a gamepad it's very difficult to get used to the camera angles.I had a ball of a time with this game on PS2 & quite frankly this is best of that platform.;)

simoncherian

Broken In
call of cthulhu: dark corners of the earth.
scareiest game. period. that lack of hud and also the change in the heartbeats n the craziness. scary as hell.

undying is a pretty scary game too.

havent played F.E.A.R. yet. all my frnds scared to play it though.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Fear is not scary...yeah kids and teens should beware of

call of cthulhu: dark corners of the earth.
scareiest game. period. that lack of hud and also the change in the heartbeats n the craziness. scary as hell.

undying is a pretty scary game too.

havent played F.E.A.R. yet. all my frnds scared to play it though.
guess u haven't tried silent hill series, every room is a scare deep down your spine.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^I have tried Silent Hill III & IV on the PC & quite frankly was not impressed at all.May be I didn't play it that long but it seemed very boring after sometime.Just opening doors & just walking around in weird areas.

Tried Obscure 2 on the PS2 & seems to be in almost the same league as the Silent Hill series.I'd still recommend Call Of Chtullu, Resident Evil IV & Doom III (with all lights off & with good quality headphones if possible).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Remember Silent Hill series is not an action survival game.

Its an ordinary human survival game, the protagonist is not an elite and react to the surrounding as a normal scared person will. So you felt it slow cuz you were looking for another RE or Doom 3 in this game. This is no head blasting zombie game.

Its the story that sets it apart from all other games, the music that adds stars to it. Its not monster scare its about ones psychological fears. You can see 7 different stories running parallel in Silent Hill 2, just that every other differs in interpretation.

Even how you play and the actions you do affects the ending drastically.

Some one said that the monsters were not actually monsters in the game. The good people were actually the ones. Another theory tells that it was all in mind of the main protagonist (refer Jacobs Ladder). Its deeper than what you thought. I was too mesmerized by the layers in the story. Even after playing the whole game I was searching for answers for incidents that were too obscure for me. Then another play-through linked up the missing bits.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Exactly my issue.I am more into fast paced survival horror.Rather than slow progressing ones.The only exception I have made is for Call of Chtullu which is the only psyco-horror which I found interesting with it's intriguing storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom