great home screen
good camera quality, nothing special though
amazing storage
excellent to use widgets, optimized for the browser
i like the keypad personally, easy on thumbs
decent battery back up and music quality
finally,...n-gage support

cons
have been facing some software issue - hoping it will be fixed once i upgrade to v11
no long press key, that's really irritating
back cover is a bit plastiky... didn't expect this from N97 :(
Low on flash memory

overall i will rate it 3.5 out of 5 :) has anyone been able to update the firmware? i am finding it difficult ... not happening either thru NSU or OTA?? PLEASE help :neutral:

ziha786

Journeyman
i also was unable to upgrade my firmware from old version to New v11.0.021 via Nokia Software Updater or Over The Air. I got it checked at the Nokia care and they got it rectified. Now, i am on version v11.0.021 ! if ur facing similar issues, u cud visit your nearest nokia care center and get it checked.

i just for myself a n97.. here are my views

pros
great home screen
good camera quality, nothing special though
amazing storage
excellent to use widgets, optimized for the browser
i like the keypad personally, easy on thumbs
decent battery back up and music quality
finally,...n-gage support

cons
have been facing some software issue - hoping it will be fixed once i upgrade to v11
no long press key, that's really irritating
back cover is a bit plastiky... didn't expect this from N97 :(
Low on flash memory

overall i will rate it 3.5 out of 5 :) has anyone been able to update the firmware? i am finding it difficult ... not happening either thru NSU or OTA?? PLEASE help :neutral:

here i want to share a interesting widget called bollywood hungama, it has all bollywood news and gossip, new and upcoming movies, reviews star casting and lots more fun entertainment.....

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/30f0b790d3a241d793f3dd5f94f8a7c0.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/4d9b32b85ca44927a96980c354c6de3c.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/574575369db04c30bc40e15786566ace.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/50c84d7416464311b1b9f3dc6ea42c06.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/593508e51f5747c2b055c8960d261754.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/63396cf1883c49f183e2221b2def6e7d.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/7bb48bcb845041878d3c1d645d1db3d8.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/d4814c29bd864daa972e2a23f63f6dec.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1017/8709c301f90c4d54bc8c42705c8f572a.jpg

Now don't go to CD retailer just check over here which movies are available in DVD's..

talwar

Broken In
when i was purchasing this phone salesman say's sir it has lots of widgets that's make your life easy and simpler, But what is widgets and how they work he also don't know. so i am so confused about widgets on N97, Then i go to nokia India website and see meet the widget section..... how i can understand what is widget and how a widget works.
Meet The Widgets

Nokia N97 Firmware Update available version 10.0.012 update into 11.0.021

-Widget UI improvement.
-Browser fixes to improve widgets stability.
-New version of Accueweather.
-Ovi store client now embedded in the core image

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/0962/ea8eab3a809c481fa735bedfbfc93de2.jpg

kwimp

Broken In
@follower of krazzy
Thanks

i'm using n97 for past 1 month....
in 1st week,it hangs n display light wil off while incoming cals...
i re-installed d software in nokia priority service...
now its superb..
dont get shock for little bugs....
nokia is always rocking.....

sdmaverick

Journeyman
guys, I would like to share some tips and tricks which might come in handy...probably u mite already noe em:

1. Make sure ure fone is running on GSM Mode and not DUAL mode...u can see this fact by going to settings-->connectivity-->network mode-->choose GSM
This will drastically increase ure battery life :p

2. If u want a faster fone response, make sure ure log duration is set to 1 day...by default it would be 30 days...u can change the log settings by going to applications-->log-->options-->settings-->log duration-->1 day
The calls for a single day will ONLY BE stored and will get wiped the next day :p

3. Also to ensure that the wifi is not sucking away the battery, make sure that it stays disconnected when u dont need it....u can check it by going to settings-->connectivity-->Wireless Lan-->disconnect lan
Usually widgets are the main culprits for unneeded connectivity.

4. Make sure packet data is set to whenever needed and NOT whenever available, u will find the same in connectivity options.

5. Also, in order to preserve ure fone memory, make sure ure msgs are being stored in the mass memory... U can do this by going to msgs-->options-->settings-->other-->memory in use-->mass memory

6. Keeping ure backlight to minimum when ure in need of battery is a GOOD IDEA coz more the contrast, more the battery consumption

7. Keep ure bluetooth switched off when u dont need it. It also consumes battery life.

8. Another thing that many people do not know is that the Web Browser always stores ure cookies, i.e the visited page history...MAKE SURE after u r done with web browsing, go to options-->clear privacy data-->select All

9. The most important fact now: Ure fone is a multitasking device, which means u can run many apps at a time BUT IT is imperitive to close the apps once ure done with them. If u just press the MENU key or the Red key, the app does not exit but merely goes to the background...make sure u exit the app by LONG PRESSING the menu key and then pressing <-- on ure qwerty.

Keep ure N97 snazzy, ull keep enjoying it

Cheers!

kelly

Broken In
Pls Help....

I don't know how to go to the next tab in a menu.. for example, if I open the bluetooth menu, its always in the general tab.. how can I change to the "paired devices" tab, without having to open the keyboard and pressing right on the control pad? note: this happens in almost all menus which have the tabs on the top.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I still can't believe there are people here praising all the features of N97 in this thread when it simply cannot do a call divert successfully nor an automatic lock after an incoming call. Check my post here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118164

jasroy

Right off the assembly line
Deepak, I have replied to your post in that thread, please tell me how it went from there.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
For DEEPAKCHAN

Here u go buddy...screen shots as proof as to how easy it was to divert my calls to another number, take a look and learn :shock:

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1068/cc4bdb0ff3134679ac3909dc6f5286b9.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1068/011be5df04c3486c9ebaffbcddce5bc4.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1068/676fda4052ae4585b0ed5477f7896b52.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1068/0cd8b9b59ae2448ab688255516b2f2c9.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1068/66fdc6c5493a486daa41617ac9b98d84.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1068/ec45b2487116424f99628a098bfb8226.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1068/34b568a4984c40b59c00285cfac3b199.jpg

After the request was accepted it said CALL DIVERTING ACTIVATED...

Deepak, trust me its a breeze, please update your firmware after doing a hard reset of ure N97...it will work like a charm...;-)

Cheers!

or you can try this: just switch off your phone remove battery and sim card, put again and see the changes on your phone this will really works. and also try for divert your call after doing this.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
After the request was accepted it said CALL DIVERTING ACTIVATED...

Deepak, trust me its a breeze, please update your firmware after doing a hard reset of ure N97...it will work like a charm...;-)

Cheers!

It doesn't come that way for me. And mine has already been updated to the latest firmware. After I click other number, it just quits back to the main menu.

or you can try this: just switch off your phone remove battery and sim card, put again and see the changes on your phone this will really works. and also try for divert your call after doing this.

Does not work. When I posted this call divert problem as my orkut status, one of my friends scrapped me saying, he has the exact same problem. So tell me, am I alone?

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@Deepak

i've already posted on the other thread...8) kindly read it...

I would advise u 2 suggestions which might probably rid u of the problems ure facing:

1. Hard reset your fone using the code: *#7370#

Make sure u take a backup of ure data...after the reset is done do format ure mass storage by connecting in mass storage mode and formatting the drive...

2. Secondly, u can reinstall the firmware v11 on ure device by using Nokia Software Updater included in the PC Suite...

I have tried the mentioned issues in 2 different n97's (friends ofcourse :twisted:) and no problem :)

Cheers!

ziha786

Journeyman
i think sdmaverick is right .... i also tried this on my N97 and call divert is easy in N97.....

@Deepak

i've already posted on the other thread...8) kindly read it...

I would advise u 2 suggestions which might probably rid u of the problems ure facing:

1. Hard reset your fone using the code: *#7370#

Make sure u take a backup of ure data...after the reset is done do format ure mass storage by connecting in mass storage mode and formatting the drive...

2. Secondly, u can reinstall the firmware v11 on ure device by using Nokia Software Updater included in the PC Suite...

I have tried the mentioned issues in 2 different n97's (friends ofcourse :twisted:) and no problem :)

Cheers!

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
As I posted in the other thread, as soon as I click other number, it just quits back to the main menu. Tried on another phone too. It quits two seconds later than mine. But ultimately it just quits. Can't even input the number to go to the next step of requesting..

ziha786

Journeyman
@ Deepak
Finally i have downloaded the firmware version 12 and have installed it and i must say the phone is running much much faster than usual..there is basically a lag…and messaging opens up so quick its ridiculous..i also used the problematic photo browser (beta) that always used to drag and it moved very quickly and i was playing the music player at the same time..i must say i am very happy with the update so far didn’t notice any new features as of yet though but if anyone knows of any please post....

Top Bottom