n82, n95 or n85 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
hey
i need a new fone in 20K budget STRICT...
5mp camera, music main criteria...flaunt value also important :p

zeroed in to these fones....i guess xenon flash not so imp ...

the sliders look sexy. the 3.5mm jacks wud be very ehlpful...i heard the 8gb versions are some 24K for n95 n 85..cant afford those

wat r the costs of these fones?? any suggestions as to what to buy??

PLZ HELP!!!!!!!

Coool

I'm Back!:D
If your budget is strictly below 20k, then get N79 rather then N82 as xenon flash not so imp 4 u..
Cost of N95 8GB =24k,
N85= 23k...

OP
frederick_benny_digit

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
if im gonna get th n95, ill get the 2gb version...which is around 19k...is thr a similar 2gb model for the n85?? if yes, ill take that 1....
plz tell me if such a version exists n if yes,how much for...

i luv the sexy style of the n85...wud be perfect if i cud get my hands on it for <20k

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Get the N85. It is teh 1337 phone. N95 is obso1337. :D

You can also take a look at Samsung U900 Soul. It is under your budget. Sexy Samsung Slider with a 5 mp camera. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Music fone : N85
Camera Dude: N82
N95 is obsolete...now :D

u want music then get N85....but i've heard dat in the latest firmware of N82 the music
is drastically improved...:p

OP
frederick_benny_digit

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
i think ill go for n95 2gb version...will have to try hard to get it since not many stores have it in stock anymore....
wud have died for n85 but its outta my budget :(
as for n82, i dont like its keys n its mediocre candybar look either...

wat r the things that n95 laks whn compared to n85 ?? i know its an old fone but its still gud rite ???

Edburg

In the zone
^^no no no

dont go for original n95..its got bad battery life and only 64 MB ram

by ur requiremnets look at n79 or samsung soul

Coool

I'm Back!:D
dude, don't get N95 original one..
its got a bad battery,
64mb of RAM,
old O.S,
and totally that is out of date...

better luk at N79
I think it comes with a 4gb card,
128 mb of RAM,
latest O.S,
better cam,
better music..

Last edited:

sam1972

Right off the assembly line
To all prospective buyers please do not put ur hard earned money on this piece of crap called nokia n85.
This is my personal experience. I bought this mobile for Rs 24000 but had to sell it after 3 days at 19000.
1. Loose slider,loose numeric keypad (believe me u can take it out just by putting your nail under its lower end), it is made of very thin cheap plastic. Battery cover is also loose with play.
You can not type without looking at the numeric keypad, small flat keys in level with each other and the surrounding area.
2. Camera is worse than my earlier n82,lack of xenon flash,poor camera butten,fails to lock focus even on repeated pressing. Poor feel of camera button.
3. OLED screen- good contrast but oversaturated colours, very poor performance in direct sunlight.
4. USB charger- more wear and tear at single point. The 2mm charger is most durable.
5. Fm transmitter poor signal, very poor sound quality in car fm radio as compared to an mp3 cd being played in the same unit. it is only a gimmick.
6. Slow fp2 interface,poor graphics(no 3d accelerator)just compare the photo gallery with n82 (n82 has a graphic accelerator and dual processor)
I had to revert back to my old faithful n82 which i think is still the best nokia smartphone.lookswise also n82 black looks bettr than n79 which looks similar to some cheaper models of nokia

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^^^ sorry to hear that u got a very faulty n85. Quite a few early adopters are suffering from it. Nokia quality control is not that great i guess.

Mine is working fine. Only problem is gps is not working properly.Seems like its a software problem. Yeah slider is a bit wobbly but pretty better than n95 8gb. Not much of a worry.

Camera is better in bright daylight than n82. There is software bug which causes low performance in low light situations right now. This will get rectified with future firmware updates. Those dual leds are no match for xenon flash of n82. Though u can make pretty decent videos in low light/ no light with those leds which is not possible in n82 .I dont have any problems with keypad. I simply love the gorgeous oled screen. n82 screen does not stand a chance against it. Direct sunlight legibility is a problem but only in direct bright sunlight and u dont stand in sun all the time, now do u ? Direct sunlight performance of n82 is not that great either. n95 8gb shines in this aspect.

Those fancy animations make phone interface slow. Its better to switch them off. I found n85 to be faster than n82. I have used n82 for 10 months, hence have first hand experience with it . I prefer usb charging. Fm transmitter have low range but quality is pretty good. Depends on the location of fm antenna in ur car.Mine is inside the car hence i get pretty good results with fm transmitter.

And all this fuss abt graphics accelerator, only a handful of games use it. That gallery problem u mentioned is not related to gpu. I do not find much difference in gallery application, maybe n82 a tad bit faster. Mind u n82 is out for a year and fully matured device, on its fourth firmware update. I will give n85 some time before making any conclusions.

Also the first day i went to shop to get n85 , the handset i shown to me was wobbly as hell, navi wheel not working. It was a faulty unit. Sorry to hear u got such a faulty unit.

Of the three nokia phones i used in recent time, n82 , n95 8gb and n85 , I am equally impressed with n82 and n85. As for now the best n series till date is n82 , though n85 has every chance to beat it once it becomes fully matured :) And the upcoming n85 refresh with xenon flash will surely overtake n82 .

Power UP

In the zone
lol One more reason to get N82 for under 20k =>
You can now play Quake 3 Arena (yup the PC version) on it courtesy of the 3d chip :D

OP
frederick_benny_digit

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
Alright then ...getting my new fone this sunday. So its either 82 or 79. Im not fnatic for xenon flash, music big importance n want gud stylish look 2. The xpress smart covers help here. N since 82 is so much older, i expect 79 too just get better here onwards. Getting it for 19.5k so going for it. Thats cool rite??

any last min suggestions??

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Alright then ...getting my new fone this sunday. So its either 82 or 79. Im not fnatic for xenon flash, music big importance n want gud stylish look 2. The xpress smart covers help here. N since 82 is so much older, i expect 79 too just get better here onwards. Getting it for 19.5k so going for it. Thats cool rite??

any last min suggestions??

dude N79 has "darkscreen resolution & much slower than N82 "

then N79 not much good in music when compared to Wseries of SE , the slightly better than N82 , the firmware updated in the N82black has same SQ as N79.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom