N80 vs. N73 ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Okay, I own an N80 and I have got two very simple questions:

1) Is the N73 ME better than the N80? (Note: I've got a 2 GB memory card in my N80 already, mind you...so forget the space issue) If better, how much better?

2) If I already have an N80, is it worth getting rid of it and picking up the N73 ME? I mostly use my N80 for calls (Duh), camera, MP3 player, E-book reading, and miscellaneous other functions (organiser, PIM, mobile storage device etc etc)

K

krazyfrog

For a person buying a new phone, deciding between these two would be tough. But considering the fact that you already own a N80 (that too with a 2gb card), even a mere thought of replacing it with N73 ME seems downright silly to me. In short there is absolutely no need to replace it. Better save money and spend it on the upcoming N95, as and when it comes, that is if you feel the need to spend money that badly. You current set is good enough to serve you for atleast two more years without replacement as N80 happens to be at the forefront of cell phone technology in India.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
same thoughts... except the cam N80 is equal to N73... and as u use it for Ebooks u need a bigger screen which is offered in N80...

amitava82

MMO Addict
i have couple of questions.. how is the sound quality of N80? is it close to Sony walkman series? also does it have wifi? and how much you paid for it?

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Yeah, the sound on the N80 is as good as the W810i ... atleast, me and my friend had a comparison between my phone and his (same song, same volume settings etc), and we didn't find that much difference when using the same set of headphones.

I get what you guys mean about the N80 vs. N73 ME...

So there's no reason to pick one up?? Its not a price issue, I can afford N95 too when it comes out...I only upgrade if I see a need to.

I was told that N73 camera is better because of Carl Zeiss lens, is this true??

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
yes cam is definately much better...

*img169.imageshack.us/img169/4727/15122006045pd3.th.jpg

2 of the pics i have taken.... click on them to see them enlarged

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Yes, the quality of shots taken by N73 is higher compared to the quality of shots taken by N80. But the credit goes to the auto-focus and not to Carl Zeiss optics. But your N80 too has few aces up its sleeves like higher resolution display, wi-fi and slider design.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Yeah, which is why I picked up the N80 in the first place!! But some people I know were saying that the N73 ME is way better than the N80, which I didn't believe, so I wanted to have this opinion ratified by all you folks on the forums here! :)

@Ajayashish & krazyfrog: Totally agree about the features, and camera quality wise...most of the pics I take are re-sized into 1024x768 resolution for display on desktop and trust me...unless you squint real hard, you can't make out THAT much of a difference between the N80 and N73 cameras.

ALSO...note that because Autofocus is the issue here, if the subject in your picture is at a proper distance and/or the guy taking the picture knows what he's doing...your quality is just as good when taking pictures of subjects at a small to medium distance, like a friend standing in front of you etc...

Edit: Oh yeah, and the N80 looks WAY better than the N73 in my opinion...

Now gotta go rub this in my loudmouth friend's face! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom