N-Gage on N96

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitsuri50

Broken In
i currently hv a n81 nd thinkin of upgrading to n96... does any one hv a clue how's gameplay on n96 since i really don't want to compromise on it

plz tell from ur exp..
:D:p

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
better than N81 off course install magic key and remap the music keys in N96 and enjoy true gaming ...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
If I am not mistaken, the N96 doesnt have graphics acceleration.So its worse compared to phones like N82 and N95

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
i currently hv a n81 nd thinkin of upgrading to n96... does any one hv a clue how's gameplay on n96 since i really don't want to compromise on it

plz tell from ur exp..
:D:p

Instead of the N96, you'd better go for N95 8gb. You'll save a lot of money and the gaming experience will be better.

anispace

dattebayo
currently none of the ngage games utilize the graphics acceleration on N95,N82,N93 etc. so it doesnt make a difference.

yup as krazzy said better to get a N95 as its cheaper and has the graphics chip which makes it future proof.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^^ there are games

i can't remember but it was a space craft game space revolution i think so

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The games aren't made specifically for the graphics accelerator but they do get benefitted from it. The animations are smoother and the frame rates are higher. Plus the graphics accelerator takes the graphics load off the main CPU which doesn't get overloaded and is free to do other stuff. This also saves some battery power while gaming.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
currently none of the ngage games utilize the graphics acceleration on N95,N82,N93 etc. so it doesnt make a difference.

It does makes a difference due...i have played ngage games on my N82 & they r simply awesome...:D
just completed "Stars Wars:The Force Unleashed" :cool: graphics was excellent

anispace

dattebayo
I play ngage games on my E51 dude (yup even i have played Force Unleashed).

Its not even on the N-gage compatibility list and neither does it have the 3D chip but the games look as good as they do on other N-Gage phones. So what ur seeing is just software rendered 3D coz Nokia hasnt released any games which will make full use of the graphics chip yet.

They did showcase the game ONE on N93 using the graphics chip. see the video here>>
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlbckgOnj7E

thats how a game would look if it used the 3D chip.

yah but as i said earlier its better to go for a cell which has a 3D chip like N95 as compared to n96 which doesnt.

Last edited:

Power UP

In the zone
Its just like Krazzy said anispace. The current n-gage games mainly benefit from smoother and faster frame rates. Not only does it saves processing power and battery but u can also multitask while running the game in the background and also does it better than the rest.

There are quite a few games which utilize the gpu much better like Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D, Global Race etc.

Also Nokia will be integrating 3d acceleration support in the upcoming N-gage SDK.

anispace

dattebayo
@KaranTh85

no it doesnt. Runs just as good on my E51 as other ngage phones so it cant be using the chip. I know it looks really good but thats just becoz its made by Infinite dreams, they are known to make really good games even with limited hardware.

Just look at their other games like krally, skyforce etc. Really good and detailed graphics even on old phones like N-Gage classic, 6600 etc.

But i really hope that Nokia brings out some games which use the 3d chip. That would be a real boost for the new N-Gage 2.0 platform.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
The games aren't made specifically for the graphics accelerator but they do get benefitted from it. The animations are smoother and the frame rates are higher. Plus the graphics accelerator takes the graphics load off the main CPU which doesn't get overloaded and is free to do other stuff. This also saves some battery power while gaming.

i think the original 2006 demo of System Rush Evolution did use the N93 and N95 3D accelerator.

not sure of the current ones :confused:

@ krazzy you got yourself a big fan......

well... Nokia has announced that there will be enhanced versions of N-Gage games for phones with 3D acceleration chips. This could mean difference in gameplay experience as phones without the chips will get the same games, but they might be less on graphics.

what remains to be seen is how it impacts battery life.. as there are too many arguments on this point already.... so no guesses :D :cool:

btw... i hv a n96 and am simply enjoying the gameplay...
One. cotd.. star wars.. luk awesome..

:eek::p

@ krazzy you got yourself a big fan......

:D:p lol

Last edited:
OP
M

mohitsuri50

Broken In
^^lol @ ur username :D. btw @mohitsuri50 r u upgrading just for gaming ???

hey bro... i know that's not gud enugh a reason... the most imp part i am bothered abt is gaming..

hv been a erstwhile n-gage arena follower :eek::p still hv my QD and can never part ways with it...

.. that's why wanted an opinion on gameplay :cool::D

Instead of the N96, you'd better go for N95 8gb. You'll save a lot of money and the gaming experience will be better.

tks krazzy.. should i actually wait... ??? are there any new models expected from nokia which offer a better gaming exp??

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
played same games on n82 and n85 .. only game that struggled with n85 is global race which uses gpu in n82 .. for all other games there is not a bit of difference ..

gaming on n85 is best cos of its fantastic oled screen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom