n 95 8gb or n85

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
My n85 is again back at nokia care center. This time its dpad stopped working and handset started behaving funny. So all this talk abt faulty design of n85 is true indeed. All those folks over at symbian-freak forums are indeed correct abt n85. So guys my advice would be to avoid n85. Its really sad to say abt such gem of a phone . But its let down by its build quality, design and material used.

sujoyp

Grand Master
My n85 is again back at nokia care center. This time its dpad stopped working and handset started behaving funny. So all this talk abt faulty design of n85 is true indeed. All those folks over at symbian-freak forums are indeed correct abt n85. So guys my advice would be to avoid n85. Its really sad to say abt such gem of a phone . But its let down by its build quality, design and material used.

OOh no:-(:-(..thats a bad news

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
pls help me.
i wanna buy a phone around 24k-25k.
i am a bit confused in selecting the correct phone..
i like phone that has good functioning and has a big screen..

which one should i buy N95 8GB or N85??????

if u want to suggest any other phone in this range you r welcomed.:wink:
N85 hands down..

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
get N82 or N79 or maybe N95 8GB

N85 is no doubt one of the best phone but still build quality issues will piss you buddy later

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
This useful info is for all of us, not just for the threadstarter.

Right now i will only recommend n82. Though n79 looks very promising its still not proven as n82. Interesting deal on n82 - *www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/9218_Bargain_of_the_decade_The_Noki.php

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup its interesting deal..we get N82 at around 14500 which is 3-4k less then current price:))

I hate nokia...y dont they just change the case of n82...it would be perfect:x

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
A better keypad would indeed make n82 a perfect phone. Nokia intentionally done it for the sake of n95 8gb.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ for the sake of N95..y??
They both r in different leagues...N95 is slider with bigg screen..and cost 6k more

Then what abt N79 and N85...they too r similar in that way

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
If u happen to use both n82 and n95 8gb then u will most surely be more impressed with n82.

Both the devices share the exact same hardware platform. Battery life , music playback quality through earphones is much better with n82, xenon flash, a bit better camera even during daylight situations, better placement of 3.5mm jack on the top of the device, micro-sd card slot which can be expanded upto 32gb , solid candybar form factor, mechanical shutter in camera vs the rolling shutter in n95 8gb ,better usb transfer speeds, less heavy than n95 8gb hence more pocketable and last but not the least less expensive than n95 8gb.

If it had a more conventional keypad it would have definitely affected the sales of n95 8gb.

rock18

Broken In
I am new to this forum and i am also in the same dilemma on whether to buy N85 or n95 8Gb. Finally chose N85 over N95 8GB.

Almost bought it in chennai from 22400rs.After reading the slider issues from various forums i thought the latest batch of N85's might have improved and asked them for the march N85 batch but all the shops in chennai have only Jan2009 batch.

so i have decided to wait and another reason is price of N79 dropped to 17600rs so there is every chance for N85 to drop to 20k.

Please let me know if the slider issue is solved in the latest batch and when will the march batch come to chennai?

Please correct me if my thinking is wrong...

Thanks .

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Dude, excellent decision. I have heard that NAM version that is north american version is much much better built than all these early n85s. Maybe latest batch would have solved the built quality issues. Again i wont take a risk of getting a badly built handset that costs 23k. Even if its a gem of a smarphone.

My advice will be to wait for n86. Looks very promising..

Last edited:

rock18

Broken In
Thanks buddy. Do you think almost all the N85 that came to india had slider issues or some sort of hardware issues?

I want to buy this mobile before April 28th.I have a lot of programs in May and i need a good camera mobile before that.so far i am using N70.

N86 will be launched in June 2009 i suppose??? and the price must be around 30k atleast. I have read somewhere that to preorder N86 you have to shell out around 625 Euros, so definitely cost wise it would be priced around 30k and it will take around 6 months for the price to come down to say 25k.

What''s the best option i have now?

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Dude if u need good camera phone then simply get n82. Best all round camera phone till date. Awesome device. and if ur not cool with it then n95 8gb as is has the same camera without xenon flash. But n82 is the first choice.. Even i am getting back to my n82 till n86 arrives. And that price was a preorder one. Its expected at 379 euros and in q2 2009. That means anytime between april and june. And it will be a kickass camera phone with all the goodies of n85.

n86 would be priced at 25-26k at most initially.

rock18

Broken In
Dude...it took me almost 6 months to decide on my mobile..Intially i was waiting for the preice of N95 8Gb to come down and then after N85 came i had to decide between N85 and 5800 and after lot of research in the internet i settled down on N85.

I don't want to buy N82 because of the small and very dull screen.I am using N70 and i know the value of big and bright display.

N95 8Gb is priced 3k more than N85.Only advantage is 3d hardware chip which is of no use at the moment and 0.2" bigger display..other than that all i can see is cons when compared with N85.

lack of lens cover is a big no no for me...

I looked at pixon too..that phone is perfect for camera and display but no Symbian.....

Phew..looks like my wait will be a never ending one.....

Do you have any idea on when the samsung Omnia HD will be launched and the price?

utsav

damn busy...
I don't want to buy N82 because of the small and very dull screen.I am using N70 and i know the value of big and bright display.

U r comparing N82's display with N70's ? Woah!!! . How can u say N82 has a very dull display? .man its pretty good. If you want a bright screen then you can simply increase the brightness of the display. But always remember that a bright screen decreases the battery life of a phone. Am a power user and i know the disadvantages of very bright display. It drains the battery like anything. Infact i hav decreased the brightness of my N82 to the lowest level and i dont find any problem with it and also the brightness level is comfortable to my eyes.

Power UP

In the zone
Now now, who is still saying that N82 has a dull screen ??? :p

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/medium/0270/2c03331df21a4f80babf59f9963b5ce7.jpg

Better to use low setting to extend battery life.

Further more, if u just increase the screen size while still sticking to the qvga (240x320) resolution, images viewed on them will look worse and pixelated.

And the OLED screen that currently being used is not perfected technology. Its in alpha stage ;-)
Poor sunlight legibility, less life span & oversaturated colors etc. are unfortunately plaguing it.
So before getting a OLED screen u better research properly, will it do justice to u in its current state.

OLED looks like it is what future will be, but remember u are buying for the present the current state the OLED is in.
Research and Google much before buying so that u don't regret later :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom