My Windows Live Mail is Updated..wat abt urs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marulez

Broken In
I was just checking my mails in windows live mail (no hotmail anymore...lol)..and guess wat i found...may b lot of u guys know ..but still thought to share... first i say increase in inbox size from 2GB to 5GB and other thing the toolbar( i guess i can say that)...there are 4 new things..Home, Hotmail, Space, OneCare...Other than that I did not see anything new..or may b i missed... Here is the screenshot of my page...
*i15.tinypic.com/4m88d2t.jpg

comrade

foreign return(0)
marulez said:
I was just checking my mails in windows live mail (no hotmail anymore...lol)..and guess wat i found...may b lot of u guys know ..but still thought to share... first i say increase in inbox size from 2GB to 5GB and other thing the toolbar( i guess i can say that)...there are 4 new things..Home, Hotmail, Space, OneCare...Other than that I did not see anything new..or may b i missed... Here is the screenshot of my page...
*i15.tinypic.com/4m88d2t.jpg
no thanks..ive heard that these beta live maild ids will be shutdown soon..any confirmation on it?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
comrade said:
no thanks..ive heard that these beta live maild ids will be shutdown soon..any confirmation on it?
waht do u mean by tht ids are not beta live hotmail is and its soon gonna be a final its almost thr

comrade

foreign return(0)
iMav said:
waht do u mean by tht ids are not beta live hotmail is and its soon gonna be a final its almost thr

*www.sizlopedia.com/2007/07/19/how-to-get-your-own-livecom-email-address/

din

Tribal Boy
gx_saurav said:
Donno, Using Windows Live Mail Desktop here
Ok, just downloaded Windows live mail and testing it. Looks nice. Regarding hotmail in that, will it show emails offline ? Or will show hotmail emails only when connect to net ? Or any settings I missed ?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
din said:
Ok, just downloaded Windows live mail and testing it. Looks nice. Regarding hotmail in that, will it show emails offline ? Or will show hotmail emails only when connect to net ? Or any settings I missed ?

Once u login with your Live Mail user name & password, it will take a lot of time & download a copy of each & every mail & folder to your computer. Like in my case I had 20 MB on my WLM Webmail, I had to wait for about 40 mins for everything to download. After this everything stays in sync. You can read downloaded mails even if u r offline provided that u checked the option to download full mail & not just the header.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@comrade i dont know wat ur trying to say .... but no ids are lost or anything

comrade

foreign return(0)
iMav said:
@comrade i dont know wat ur trying to say .... but no ids are lost or anything
yup....comments gone unnoticed i guess..
ok here are the few comments made on that blog...

*www.sizlopedia.com/Dj Flush said,

Wrote on August 7, 2007 @ 1:49 am
Dr KK There are good chances that we won’t be needing any tricks anymore to register @live.com email addresses because Microsoft perhaps has plans to make it available publicly but even in the first place I do not understand why have they kept this service hidden and not made it officially open for everyone.

Live is False said,

Wrote on August 8, 2007 @ 8:35 am
Hi people, you should know that all the registration of @live accounts that have been made until now will be delete. Windows will launch the new live mail with @live account by the end of this year and people with @hotmail have the priority, I mean all that stuff of reservation of @live mail is false. The javascript and the change of url are just for have the @live name but not the @live registration. You should be careful, because your suppose new @live mail is not true and all accounts created until now will be delete. I recommend you to read the news from Windows Live before believe in some little script that make you think that you won up the system. Best regards!

Fairy said,

Wrote on August 8, 2007 @ 8:43 am
Live is False?

Is that true? OMG, I already gave my new @live.com address to all my contacts, so it means that it will be deleted? Please can someone confirm me that information. It’s terrible. *www.sizlopedia.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

Tom said,

Wrote on August 8, 2007 @ 9:57 am
Hi Fairy, yea that’s true, as far as I concern if you have already an @live.com address it will be delete. That’s why I’m waiting the launch of the new Live Mail to open my account

din

Tribal Boy
satyamy said:
In the time of Unlimited Store :D
they are offering just 5GB :(

WOW, 5 GB for emails is not enough ? ? ?

Just curious, you have more than 5 GB emails ?

@gx

Thank you man. I will fool around it more today.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
is there any source on the basis of which this guy is saying what he is saying if that were the case it woudl hav been a huge talking point ;) which it wasnt ... and i t doesnt matter coz i hav a hotmail account :D but i dont think any mail ids will be deleted ... may be the mvps or some 1 else could shed some light

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
@comrade
u r taling abt @live mails ids and here discussion are goin on for hotmail space which increased to 5 GB
yeah @live mail id may delete in coming days which am hearing since a year when i made one with some java script trick :)

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
only @live ids space are inreased for 5 GB not for @hotmail ids
i just checked my both ids (@live and @hotmail) and only @live id changed to 5 GB
don know marulez is talking which one :(

comrade

foreign return(0)
neither my hotmail..still on 2GB.
any settings like country or so needs to be changed to get those +3Gbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom