My Windows Live Mail is Updated..wat abt urs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
ravi_9793 said:
^^^^^^^^^just give a try dude.
or use
webmessenger.yahoo.com if you dont wish to install yahoo messenger.
I have used it.But i dont like its interface.:p
Damn yahoo messenger is also not working.Whats the problem? :mad:

Last edited:
OP
M

marulez

Broken In
almighty said:
only @live ids space are inreased for 5 GB not for @hotmail ids
i just checked my both ids (@live and @hotmail) and only @live id changed to 5 GB
don know marulez is talking which one :(

i was talkin abt hotmail dude...not live id..anyway i guess u know now..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Ok just to clear the air over here,

Live id deletion - Falsethe Live team had already made it clear that they would not be deleting the Live ids. They already are loosing their users to gmail and yahoomail, the last thing they would want now is to delete some of their own users, and loose them forever.

Space upgrade to 5Gb This will happen for hotmail as well as live id users. There is no such difference between hotmail and live ids, both are one and the same thing.

Windows Live Mail - not Windows Live Mail Desktop.
Windows Live Mail is not a online mail service, it is a desktop mail service just like outlook. It will also work Offline, you can view all the mails you have downloaded, create mails to be sent later when switching to online.
You dont have to download all of your hotmail emails when you configure your id. After you have configured the id, it will only retrieve the folders list.
After the list has been retrieved, you can choose the retrieval settings for each folder -
* Download New Messages
* Download headers
* Download All Messages
* Do not synchronize.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
they hav said it will be phase wise ... they hav said to be patient all will get it ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
MSN Messenger Error Code - 80048820*www.computerperformance.co.uk/images/code/80048820.jpg

The Symptoms you get

When you launch MSN Messenger and try to logon, you get error message 80048820. A wild guess, your system time or date needs adjusting.
The Cause of Code 80048820

There are a variety of causes of this error:
1) Incorrect Proxy Setting for Internet Explorer.
2) softpub.dll may have become unregistered.
3) Your system clock may be showing an incorrect time (or date!).
4) Firewall problems. Particularly with Netgear.
The Solutions to MSN Error Code 80048820*www.computerperformance.co.uk/images/code/80048820_lan.jpg

Internet Explorer - Try removing the tick next to Internet Explorer 'Proxy server' settings, instead, go with the 'Automatically detect settings'.
1) Launch Internet Explorer, click Tools and then click Internet Options.
From the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab.
Click LAN Setting. Un check the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox. Finally positively tick: 'Automatically detect settings'.
2) Register softpub.dll.
Click Start (Button), and then click Run, type regsvr32 softpub.dll. Restart MSN Messenger. See also Error code 81000314
3) If necessary, logon as a local administrator and set the computer's clock to the correct date and time. (Check on the internet if possible.)
4) Turn off the firewall temporarily. Check firewall settings such as Norton: "Block access to secure sites". If this cures the problem, make sure that Microsoft's MSN Messenger is allowed full access through your firewall.
NetGear problem, but also with some other routers
a) Enter IP address 192.168.0.1 in your browser's address bar.
b) Log on with ISP user name and password.
c) Enter Admin, password
d) Navigate to advanced menu, WAN set-up
e) Change MTU size to 1400
5) Try a password of no more than 8 characters.
6) If you are using IE 7.0 check the SSL Settings. Internet options advanced (Tab) scroll down to the bottom. Security section. Tick 'Use ssl 2.0'.
6) Drastic! Try uninstalling MSN Messenger version 8.0 or 7.5 and install Microsoft MSN version 7.0.

*www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/code/code_80048820.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom