My TP-LINK TL-WR840N router gone full retard - Does hard reset about every half hour

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My router TP-LINK TL-WR840N (V2) have gone nuts. From today, it have started to drop connection.

Upon investigation, I found that the all the setting of router settings got reset. The wifi name became, "OpenWRT" (since I have installed OpenWRT since long). Password gets removed, ISP setting gets removed. Basically router hard resets on its own.

So I fix it. Setup all the settings. Internet works fine. For maybe an hour. Then again the same thing. Internet goes down. I check and find that router got reset. So again I restore the backup. (Which I created earlier).

But the router resets on its own again, while I am using the Internet. On its own!! I AM PERPLEXED!

Does a router have some "CMOS" battery kind of thing? I am not able to resolve this issue, and keep on setting the router setting through backup. Please help.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which firmware are you using,stock or custom?In either case try updating to the latest version to see if it resolves the issue.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Quite unrelated but I own the same router, can you please link me to OpenWRT page where you installed it?

I am not sure what is the download link nor can I find the firmware file. But I can do give you the version of the firmware.. and you would need to do some googling.
Version: Huntsman 2014-01-25red

Screenshot of login page:
*i.imgur.com/KF24gSB.jpg

Do prior research before doing that tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Which firmware are you using,stock or custom?In either case try updating to the latest version to see if it resolves the issue.

I turned off router for 15 min. Then removed from wall mounted position and kept on table. After which the router didn't reset for hours now.
If this fixes the issue, I would draw conclusion that it was overheating issue. Lets see.

Top Bottom