prakashr85

Journeyman
my system configuration is
intel core 2 duo 2.2 ghz
intel 945 gcnl mother board
dyanite 1 gb ddr2
seagate 160gb sata
samsung dvd writer

bought before two weeks before am having pentium three which has 256 mb sdram and 810et msi mother board this configuration is faster than the above . system gets busy often even my p3 system didnt get busy with that 256mb ram but what this contains core 2 duo processor and 1gb ram often gets busy and not responding and cant even play games says you must have 3d accelerator

any one help me to solve this problem please

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Are you running Windows?
XP or Vista?
Have you installed all the drivers provided by the vendor?
Any antivirus?
Any file indexing service?
Any defrag service like diskeeper?
Do you use Limewire, Ares, torrents, or other forms of P2P?

From the looks of this page here, you might have to install a separate 3D accelerator.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
i doubt it cud be some HDD issue. Such sluggishness happens if there is a chance of bad sectors nd efven new hdd cud develop bad sectors.

praka123

left this forum longback
@OP:install seatools for windows and check for sure that ur hdd is stable or not.if it fails short test ,time to go for replacement :p

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Solution: Uninstall Vista and Install Ubuntu 7.10. You're computer will fly with those configs!:p

PS: Please don't start an OS flame war here!! I just gave my opinion, if anyone likes it, take it, else chuck it!;)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Looks like some hardware issue.
1) Make sure all hardwares are compatible with each other.
2) All drivers are installed.
3) Perform chk hard disk.

All, see how much memory, and processor is being used, and what program are using it.

Solution: Uninstall Vista and Install Ubuntu 7.10. You're computer will fly with those configs!:p

PS: Please don't start an OS flame war here!! I just gave my opinion, if anyone likes it, take it, else chuck it!;)

he has not mentioned that he is using vista.

Last edited:

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!
i think he missed a driver....
everythings compatible as system is working ...
just chekc if all hardware is being recognised by system manager..
also ur drivers are properly installed ..

then do tell here whats the status of ur CPU ..
which program is running and if any program is taking more then necessary memory..

utsav

damn busy...
He may not hav installed the display driver and all the gfx tasks r now being handled by the cpu which is making his system sluggish

arun77574

Broken In
First and foremost thing, Your PSU (SMPS) rating should be atleast 500w to be on a safer side. (My suggestion)

Install a gfx card if its asking for a 3D accelerator. The 945 chipset does not support all new games or any new games for that matter.

Do not keep too much startup items. Disable unnecessary items from MSConfig.

Dont use any antivirus which takes more than 40-50mb in ur RAM. Go for Kaspersky. (My suggestion)

Check the length of the SATA power cable. If it is long ur system will be slow. However, i dont know what exactly the length should be but, my frnd had a similar problem and everything was fine when he changed the SATA power cable. Got this piece of info from a comp service guy also a frnd of mine.

OP
P

prakashr85

Journeyman
using win xp sp2 no file indexing no p2p all drivers provided r installed

xp sp2 no p2p no file indexing no disk keeper using kaspersky antivirus all drivers are installed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom