My PC Case modding......

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Actaully i have a black casing...and i do not wana piant that to diff color..so was thinking of siver type of transperant thing...or else a white light inside...so what r the options..of white li8 inside...i am total newbie..can anyone guide me thru...actaully i am thinking on something like BATMAN line....

ANSWER THIS PLEASE

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Side panels r full black..somewhat liek this...with no side fans...so wanna have one side fan also...suggestions dude.....

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
U could cut the BATMAN symbol on the front panel (below FDD slot) and cover it with transparent glass and have some red LEDs from inside to project it.
Next u could cut a big circular window on the side panel, cover it with clear plexiglass. Then stick a big BATMAN symbol (sticker- all black) on it. Illumunate the inside with Yellow LEDs, it would seem like the light that is used to call BATMAN. Also u could try make the side window like the light thingy that is used to call BATMAN. For more darker appeal, on top of the window put a fine mesh of net (available in local hardware shop and made of alumunium) and don't forget to color the mesh black.
Fit a 120mm fan in the centre of the sticker, on the side panel. So basically, cut the side window, take a glass of appropriate size, cut the glass in the centre for the fan and its screws and do the decoration stuff.
You had said to suggest something in BATMAN's line.

yugantar88

Broken In
ok dude but how can i make my front side of my cabinet like a door.
And any idea of getting cheap UV sleeving kit and Rounded IDe cable.
And also UV cold cathode tube.Which paint did u use to paint ur cabinet and how did u gave the shine.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Try using hinges for the front panel to swing open/close but depends on the type of front panel one has. There are UV sleeving cables available from ANTEC for rounded IDE cables look at your local market. And as for the shine, the oil paint itself has some shine but u could use CAR POLISH to to the job.

@wizrulz
What have u thought of?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
see as i do not intend to any coloring..i am restricting myself to something black background ......how abt the avaatar of coolpepe....what is that ...not remembering the name......suggestions.....

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
See if u want to make option (cutting) for side fans then you will have to do some paint job. Also if u want a side window, painting is need to patch up the scratched surface. And as for the avatar of Coolpepe.......what have u thought of doing? Do u want any kind of cutting to be performed on ur cabby? Or just leave it just as it is and just add few LEDs and stickers?

See these modding : *www.neatorama.com/case-mod/index.php#reverse

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i am thinking on line of cutting ...thats for sure...ven if i am going for batman theme i am gona cut .....if patch up painting is needed then that will do...not a problem...but not full painting...means changing the color na???

yugantar88

Broken In
thankx for the info, but how much did the ANTEC sleeving kit cost u. How long the sleeving kit material is.And will it glow in Cooler Master Aurora CCFL

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ yugantar88
I haven't used any sleeving kit. Its just "LOOM" available at any electrical shop.

@wizrulz
Ya just patch up and not full painting (but be careful while cutting), less scratches means less painting. Good luck for ur modding. Do inform on what u have finally planned to do.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
one more question.....how is the acrylic sheet to fixed....pasting it or fixing with screws.....
can any one guide me thru circuit for leds....any LED ready fan avialble???
Also any other lighting option....also i will like to know if lighting will increase heat inside the cabi.....

P.S- john.....i no longer can see ur modded cabi on 1st page.... :(

Last edited:

coolpepe

Broken In
Hello guys, was busy in assemebeling a PC for a friend. The name of my avtaar is "ROTTERDAM TERROR CORPS" which is a music group i think. And wizrulz i think ur idea is good to use my avtaar.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@wizrulz
The pictures are ok now, maybe the site hosting was down. You could fix the glass using FEVIKWIK but it think screws are safer. Look this for LED circuit *superpositioned.com/articles/2006/02/25/diy-led-lighting-guide and yes LED fans are available *www.antecindia.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=14&Itemid=45
Few LED will not increase the temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom