My PC Case modding......

Status
Not open for further replies.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
great.. looking forward to your pics

Last sunday i went to Baghajatin at that shop but he was unable to give me any led as he himself could not buy it. So on monday i went straight to Chandni Chowk and bought 12 Blue Led from one shop but the shopkeeper was not at all ready to test them. Well, i went to another shop and asked for the same LED. The old man gave me a dozen and tested also. I also bought two multicolour LED. I requested the man to test the LED of previous shop and YES they are of bad quality glowing dimly. But i did not throw it away cause i want to make the experiment with them first.

On coming home I insert the +ve wire (indication is there)of multicolour LED(one piece only) straight in 12v(yellow wire) and the -ve wire in the black wire hole. Its ROCKING. Then i add the other one also. +ve wire of both added in 12v and the -ve wire of both in black hole. Its again ROCKING.
System shutdown LEDS apart.

Now i take out a single piece of blue led(shop A) and insert longer leg(+ve)straight into 5v (red) and shorter leg (-ve) into the black hole. It works. No resistance required. i repeat it with the LED of shop B. The shopkeeper says that the lLED are of 3v. But how come they withstand a 5v power source?

*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KpyqzthjpaX8lM:*www.electrical-res.com/EX/10-16-06/800px-Molex_female_connector.jpg*t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1MvFo1cNMOx3iM:*i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/thanatos106/hd-molex.jpg

now tell me whther i will go for a parallel or series connection for BLUE LED only ? those multicolour i have decided where to fix.

is it a good idea if i use a thermocol platform and insert the LED in it and then go for a connection ?

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
the higher the over voltage, the faster they burn out.

You should read up on parallel and series circuit concepts and then use the LEDs

use the links in my previous post

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

*www.instructables.com/id/LEDs-for-Beginners/

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

*www.theledlight.com/ledcircuits.html

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

calculate resistance for LEDs
*metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/ledcalc/index_eng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom