My PC Case modding......

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
No man, no idea what it costs in the local market..............The DREMEL was gifted to me by my friend and it was bought in USA, so u can guess.

One more thing u can do is buy a drill machine and get cutting attachments/bits/wheel for it, it will work the same.

The crude way doing is get a hammer and cutting chissel/cheni and no I am not joking........it can be done this way.

Or the easiest way is to take it to a welding/cutting shop and get it done there.

But most important thing, do wear protective gears, if u r planning to do it urself.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well yes i know u r not jokin with the cheni-hathoda combo, that is been my method till now :-D

but it is too crude and inaccurate.. i think i will do more research and buy one... i have been wanting it a long time now. btw 2000 seems a nice price..

and people say that attachments are real good quality...

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Do post some pics.......and what r ur plans of modding/what have u planned to do.......since u have a better knowledge of LED lighting and circuits. Ur mod wud be awesome. Good luck.

coolpepe

Broken In
hello guys, i am also modifying my cabinet and soon post the pics of it. As for cutting the side panel was a painful job, so i have decided to buy a jig saw. I used both drill and rotomatic but both are not capable to do the job. As for chinni hatoda the edges are very uneven. Can someone please help me on the led and lightining part. THANX in advance.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
@ john_the_ultimate

Nice work friend.
I have also done such work for my friendbut I never tried for me coz I think it's just wasting of time.
Well, don't go on my view, just keep it up.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
wow man really good work i have this cabinet but not modded anyone from delhi can do this pls reply me

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ n2casey
For some it's waste of time and for some its hobby. As for me, just wanted to find out if I cud do it or not.

@pra_2006
thanks.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
@ john_the_ultimate

I m not trying to demoralize U. I m just telling my view (coz I spent all my time in programming). Sorry but don't take it seriously. U have done a nice art work.

coolpepe

Broken In
helloooooo guys can someone help me on lighting part of the cabinet as i dont have any knowledge on this part.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ n2casey
No problemo buddy.........I also spent most of my time in 3D modelling and animation. This modding thingy is just fun.

coolpepe

Broken In
Samrulez i want to put some leds or laser lights inside my cabinet but i dont have any knowledge on this part. Could u help me with your guidance on this part. I live in H.P. and i dont get led fan's out here, could you also guide me to put leds on the fan. THANX in advance

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
samrulez said:
6yrs!!!....wow......I had fine arts from 5th std to the 8std (now i'm in 9th).......I used to always get ''C'' in all terms .... :p........so I know how tough fine arts is!

agree with you man!
anyway, beautiful cabinet!

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
coolpepe said:
Samrulez i want to put some leds or laser lights inside my cabinet but i dont have any knowledge on this part. Could u help me with your guidance on this part. I live in H.P. and i dont get led fan's out here, could you also guide me to put leds on the fan. THANX in advance

See....get 4 LEDs from a local electrical shop..........soldier wires in the terminals......and .....connect the negative (-) of one LED to a positive to another (+) ....make such a chain with 4 LEDs.....and connect it through the Yellow and Black terminals of the moltex connector....

But if u didn't get what I said then.....get ready made LED fans...these r fans with LEDs build inside them......so all u have to do is just plug it into the moltex connector.....they cost 500 bucks for a branded one and 120 bucks for a local one.....

Where/what the hell is H.P??

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@satyamy
Well, I used oil paint (used in homes), available in any local paint shop.

@ sabret00the & return_of_vengeance
Thanks.

See if this helps *superpositioned.com/articles/2006/02/25/diy-led-lighting-guide

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom