My Lab Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
2) Cooler Master Hyper L3 CPU Cooler (got one address)
No idea about other 2, but there is one cooler master dealer on S.P.Road (computer market of bangalore). When you get here just goto Golcha Computer Market, S.P.Road, Bangalore. He usually stocks Cooler master products. But its a bit expensive.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
dell offers best service AFAIK .. i think they'll come to ur house for replacements. .atleast thats what i've heard.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
No idea about other 2, but there is one cooler master dealer on S.P.Road (computer market of bangalore). When you get here just goto Golcha Computer Market, S.P.Road, Bangalore. He usually stocks Cooler master products. But its a bit expensive.

Thanks, I am noting the address. Any idea about the cost? Can u give them a call an inquire?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Sorry pal, don't haf their number and not in a position to go there rite now. Post in the Bangalore meet thread. Someone may be going to that market and can thus enquire it for you.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
For coolermaster products in bangalore, try these:

Zoom Computers Pvt. Ltd. *www.zoomcomputersonline.com/
69/70, 1st floor,
S.P. Road, Bangalore-560002
Ph: 080-41205474/2295643/51205474

Golcha Intertrade
9/70S P Road
Ground Floor,
Bangalore City, Bangalore-560002
Ph:080-22213509/22278811

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanx for the address, I will check for Cooler Master Hyper L3 at these shops.

Today I finally got my XBOX 360 wireless gaming reciever, now finally I can play games using my XBOX 360 Wireless gaming controller. I just installed the drivers via Windows Update & Gears of War plays fine with the controller. Going to test for a while

*img508.imageshack.us/img508/8427/xbox360wirelessgamingregv2.jpg

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This is the first time something like this has happened with me, but I have run out of USB ports in my computer *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif

I got 8 USB ports in my computer, 4 are on the rear side of my CPU, 2 in front & 2 more via internal PCI bracket header. In the rear side 2 ports are occupied by Keyboard & Mouse inputs, one is connected to a USB 1.1 4 port USB hub which I bought for Rs 60 & to this hub I have connected my bluetooth adapter, XBOX 360 Wireless receiver, My K750i data cable & my Microsoft VX-3000 webcam.

I have ordered one more USB 2.0 hub from Microsoft company store which I will get in few days which I will connect in the last USB 2.0 port at the rear side of my CPU.

The front USB ports are where I usually connect my pen drives or digicam's data cable.

Hmm, my Workstation is complete sans the monitor. I will ask for the monitor next month now.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Eureka....I have found the best tools to clean my computer....

1) A Wall painting brush, small in size. I use it to first wipe out the dust stuck to fans etc

2) A Chinese Hair dryer :p....trust me this works. It doesn't heats air so it useless as a hair dryer but too good as a air blower which throws air at the components to push them out of the CPU cabinet.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
So finally you found the tools.... congrats :D
Since most of us have been using these for a long time.........and yes the hair dryer thingy does work (given that the heating coil has gone bad/semi-working hair dryer). And the painting brush is a must for those dusty fans.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Tomorrow I will leave Bangalore via flight. The whether was nice but too bad I was not able to meet anyone here

I went to Golcha Intertrade & bought a Cooler Master Hyper TX2 CPU cooler for Rs 2000 from this shop for my friend running Core 2 Quad Q6600 with Quadro FX 1500 as a serious workstation PC with hardly any OS optimization :p. I optimized his PC here in 2 days & now render speeds are quicker by 15 seconds. His stock cooler used to give a temperature of 50C now it gives 34C when doing normal work. He is also using a Cooler Master 600W SMPS & what a clean voltage etc, i m jealous now :D

Cooler master Hyper L3 & Vortex 752 were not available so he told me to buy from SMC international in Nehru Place Delhi as it will take some days for these to come here & I won't be staying here till then. I checked some Cooler Master SMPS too, an Extreme Power 500W was available was for Rs 2,400. But again he said that since u r from Lucknow, better buy from Delhi.

Same thing with Pinnacle Remote Kit for Vista, again it will come on order so better buy from Delhi.

The computer market here isn't much different from Lucknow market. At least I get better deals there.

Oh well, the things are still left to buy

1) Cooler Master Hyper L3 or Vortex 752 CPU cooler.

2) Microsoft Digital Media 3000 keyboard

3) Pinnacle Remote Kit for Vista

Most of the stuff which I want to buy from here is also available in Lucknow or via Delhi, so there is no novelty for me to buy stuff from here.

I am working here on a 19" Viewsonic monitor since the last 2 days, now I won't be buying a Viewsonic monitor but the resolution of 1440X900 is something I m just loving a lot with Vista SP1. I m buying LG L194WT or LG L206WQT Monitor depending on whichever is available. I won't be needing anything more then 19" though...this I have realized. Once I get the monitor I will play games at 1280X720 pixel resolution only which is wide screen & good enough for me.

My final result is coming on April 1, night 10 PM. I hope I get selected.....

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
sorry for the typo, 10 PM. I will be on my flight at that time....will be able to tell u all tomorrow morning only

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Bad news, I did not get selected. Oh well, Now i m back to job as UI designer & Freelance CAD & Architecture designer.

So now, April is here & I need to buy a LCD monitor now quickly. I m skipping the remote kit for now & have told my friend to buy Cooler Master Hyper L3 from SMC Internation in Delhi & bring it here, It will be here in few days. Keyboard is important so either I m buying Microsoft Digital Media 3000 keyboard or Zebronics Supreme Commander keyboard.

LCD Monitor is the next important hardware in my PC setup. So like I said...which model should I go for? What are TN Panels etc??? I will use this LCD for everything, movies, gaming, desigining etc. Resolution of 1440X900 is enough for me. These are the models....

LG L194WT
LG L206WQT
Samsung 206BW
Dell E198WFP

I like Dell, but in case of a repair....how will Dell give me service? Will they come to home & take the monitor with them or something else??? Samsung & LG service center are 2 km away from my home.

The Cooler Master Hyper TX2 CPU Cooler for my friend, I wanted to buy it too but it was over kill for my Core 2 Duo E6550, so I bought a Cooler Master X Dream P775 for Rs 500. I installed it with Cooler Master thermal paste of Rs 200 & CPU temp with orthos at 30 mins is 54C down from 59C. Also installed the 120 MM rear exhaust Fan.

*img177.imageshack.us/img177/9617/dsc01109gn7.th.jpg

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I bought Zebronics Desktop Commander keyboard for Rs 450 today. Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 wasn't available so I bought this one which is similar. It has laptop like keys & I m right now having some trouble typing as I m not habitual to such keyboard. Oh! well,....some day & it will be all right I think.

*img395.imageshack.us/img395/1418/kbwu0.jpg

I inquired, 20" LG L206WTQ TFT Monitor is available for Rs 10,500. How is it???

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ That is quite a deal :smile: DVI?
Yeah, DVI with HDCP but I don't know whether it is 8 bit or 6bit. Since i m buying a new one I have decided to go with 8 bit only. I won't be replacing it for the next 5 years unless there is a problem like breaking etc

^^Hey whats the cost of that Xbox wireless reciever?And where did you buy it from?

Free from Microsoft Company store.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I bought 20" LG L206WTQ LCD monitor after exchanging my old 7 years old 17" Samsung SyncMaster 753s CRT Monitor. Original price was Rs 10.5k, after giving my old monitor I paid Rs 8.5k.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2353/2395402907_a98477f898.jpg

My Workstation config is now complete, I am having a hard time getting used to it, it's just too bright.:D Going to calibrate it.

So with the purchase of my LCD Monitor, my workstation is complete. Nothing else to buy except for the CPU cooler which I will buy once I go to Delhi or if someone comes from there.

Thank you all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom