My ISP saying I hacked some1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I think I found it ,its from...............go to the following link *mumbai.mtnl.net.in/directory/telephone.html
and then paste the number I.E 2267925400 coz +91 is country code..

Last edited:
OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
It is not a MTNL no. Akshay said it is a Tata No. They shifted from 5xxxxxxx to 6xxxxxxx.
Does anybody know the directory site for Tata.
A program edlm2.exe was trying to access the Internet repeatedly. It is residing in c:\windows\system32 (Zone Alarm tracked this). Any information about this program.

hermit

Journeyman
mac id saves u if ur innocient ,as u r id differs from hacker , u can walk off at ease .

as them to check the hacker mac id and urs

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Now, I am in trouble as they might be filing an FIR against me, so help me out on following points:-

they cant... u r a legal user of their system and services... for any reason if u have used any other account still they cant... u have used the account of some on else... so technically TATA doesnt have right to FIR against u... only the person who's account u have used is eligible to any such FIR with the help of the ISP...

in the history of internet... there wasnt any such case as u r saing... what will be the point of FIR?? u stole TATA's bandwidth... ?? lol...

so relax... TATA cant do any FIR against u... yes they can send u a bill for extra usage... ;) thats all...

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I am not sure whether the call was from Tata or some1 else but it is a high probabilty tat it was from Tata only. Its more than 5 days since the hacking was done. No action yet other than the phone call on monday. Does any1 hav an idea how much time they take to react in such cases.

Further, there is no chance of stealing bandwidth. I am not even getting my commited bandwidth.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@casanova

why r u so warried... there is no CASE... some one fooled u man.. TATA as an ISP doesnt have right to file any such FIR.... they have right only to charge u as for the extra DATA of bandwidth u have used or inform u and ask u that whether u r notified about the action or not... thats what TATA as an ISP can do... worst thing is they may warn u and for showing this reason they may DC the line... there is no such thing as fileing any FIR... so relax...

neo_online

Right off the assembly line
yes he is right man............
no isp has a right to file any complain against u........
n if u still thinklike some one stil using ur system...so download nod32 antivirus n follow aa deep scan....only dat cn help u.nod32 is a very perfect amtivirus n its signature is also very small......
so do it if u want..

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
thx 4 ur +ve responses. I am also thinking now that nothings gonna happen. If ot wud hav been real hacking, there wud definitely been sum action against me. If anything happens further I wud post here.

BTW I am infected with edlm2.exe trojan. Norton Systemworks 2003 wasnt succesful in removin it. Wat shud I do to remove it. Didnt start a new thread 4 this since I think it may be related to the hackin case. And is Zone Alarm Antivirus better than Norton systemworks.

Thx again. I can relax a bit now

rohandhruva

Broken In
Welcome to the windows world casanova. This is what you get for using the most insecure and bug ridden os ever.

What I advise you at this point is .. challenge them at their own games. Tell them to show you the ip, and the server logs. Tell them that you would like them to come to your place and examine the pc by certified professional. Just use some hi-fi words, like MCSE and MCSD certified professional and all, and I am sure the stinking ba*tards will not file an FIR. A company which provides service has no right at all to file a complaint against its consumer. In fact, even use the press -- I am sure they will bash TATA and be on your side. Call up TOI and Indian Express with what you have to say -- start a War by Media.

Best of luck, and use Linux in the future .. :p

GARY~GEEK

Right off the assembly line
K dude seems that u r too scared. With all the posts i read i read there seems to be that some might have hacked your computer and then hacked some one elses thru u'rs. Nd let me tell you dont take this lightly. If u do find that it is a virus or spyware issue. Do a scan from the followingh web site
*housecall.trendmicro.com/

let me know wat is the status...........................

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
OK I am late here. But, if you're still worried let me tell you either this number isn't from tata at all. Yes tata numbers begin from 6 but then the 8th last digit has to be six and not 6th last.
Consider the number you gave +9122679254 then in terms of mumbai number it would be 679254. The numbers in mumbai are 8 digit and not 6 digit.
If you consider it as a 8 digit number you get 22679254. It will then become a MTNL number and that belong to some trust so no trouble from somewhere.
So, surely it's not a TATA number or a Mumbai number.

dump norton and get zone AV

and wat u shud do is format your system and shutdown the computer.Get out of your house for some(10) days.

Switch off the phone and no troubles

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Plz chk the no. tech... it is +912267925400. U r missing out on last 2 zeros
It is a tata - mumbai no.

chota_rod_waala is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: My ISP saying I hacked some1
dump norton and get zone AV

and wat u shud do is format your system and shutdown the computer.Get out of your house for some(10) days.

Switch off the phone and no troubles.]

It is foolish to run away from a problem, be brave and face it . I feel the message is not genuine check again for the authenticity of the claim.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Open windows in safe mode then delete the trojan or go to msconfig> startup services and uncheck that and then delete it

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
i had mentioned the no as +9167925400. No further calls, I think it was just an alert received from Tata, there are no problems as of now. I was infected with a trojan edlm2.exe. This file file was created by ldr4.dll and it was attched to winlogon.exe. I removed the trojan and everything is fine.

khansdream

Journeyman
Well, its completly depend on the nature of hacking and also depend on the complaint (suppose if u hacked a site and nobody complaint officially u r safe).
But if some1 traced & complaint against you, u can be booked for 5 years or more and 1 to 5 lacs of fine u/s of cyber crime.

Additionally if u hacked an e-commerce site and did some fradulant act u can be kept away longer than mentioned above, and will be charged under IPC too like 420, 419 etc.

Scared.....???????????????:Dhehe......But I am serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom