My Galaxy Y

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
this is my second review, hope it is better than my earlier nokia 500...

My Galaxy Y

color- Pure White, earlier i thought that a black would be better but now i think that white looks better than black...
screen- 3inch capcitive screen with good response, just have to touch screen without any pressing or force and it start responding...
top- micro usb port + 3.5mm jack
buttons- volume rocker, power/lock, home, capacitive back & option(long press it for search) button....
sensors- proximity, magnetometer and accelerometer...
body- full plastic body...

Now here's my take...

Build Quality- feels tough while holding in hand, no anti scratch protection... got laminated after the protective sheet got removed....

camera- atleast 3.2mp was neede but nice quality considering its 2mp camera, avg pic size 600-700kb... thats 3times bigger than my 5130xm 2mp pic...

software- came with 2.3.6 preinstalled, however dowloaded 4 updates in 5days....

*i.imgur.com/T9m9R.png

Hardware- 290mb ram usable.... ram usage about 150mb with no app running and if you run too many program it tansfers non-active app data to phone memory, so ram usage always less than 250mb...
lags with more than 2-3app running, benchmark result down...

*i.imgur.com/pfazo.png

*i.imgur.com/ZOwqA.png

*i.imgur.com/Uw3rw.png

neocore-41&46.2 and (50 without sound)...

music player- really good music player with equaliser, sound effects and even a 5.1channel mode..

video playback- sharpness is not good due to low resolution, very less codec support... playing SD avi files through mx player result in video lacking behind... so not so good for high quality video...

gps- really fast, locks in just 5sec with accuracy upto 1m....

battery life- good for music and talktime but really bad for anything else... max 5hr game time...

call quality- clearity not good.... sometime asked other person to repeat what he said...

crapware- didn't find any software unuseful.... came with the neccessary softwares only....

Bugs- alarm app worked for 3times but now opeing it locks screen... whatsapp did some problem. removed it and problem fixed....
sd card mount error.....

Last edited:
OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
browsing experience is smooth, could have been better if flash was present....
sometimes lag while writing on heavy page, otherwise navigating pages doesnt lag......

thatsashok

peace panda
Quite a quick review.

So when are you going to root and explore the otherside ?

BTW did you try the apps suggested on the other thread ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
review is short & you have concentrated more on performance the young mobile delivers. nice :smile:

browsing experience is smooth, could have been better if flash was present....

how flash will help? on a small screen with low resolution and mobile sites, flash doesn't really help other than emptying battery a lot faster.

flash is available for ARM v6 processors too [unofficially] and may work on your mobile but other than watching videos in browser there really no use.

sometimes lag while writing on heavy page, otherwise navigating pages doesnt lag......

it takes time for keyboard to appear? have you tested swype? how is sunlight viewability? samsung screens are usually really bright.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
keyboard appears quickly but sometimes it takes time to show characters after pressing keys...
brightness is good, phone is always at lowest brightness at home and outdoors i dont need it to set to max, keeps at about 60% outdoors and 80% in direct sunlight....... i dont use swype and i font even use any prediction.... types full word....

and for suggestions i troed some app, rockplayer lite always showed its R so removed it and the rope os for 50rs, but i goigled and found that its a good game so might consider buying it....

no flash result in no moving images, all animations are just still pictures, even the posting circle foesnt move.. btw i also tried playing HD videos but it was like 2-3 frame per second....

no flash result in no moving images, all animations are just still pictures, even the posting circle foesnt move.. btw i also tried playing HD videos but it was like 2-3 frame per second....

i can expand the review but dont know what else to write... :/

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
yes... i bought for 7500 but you may get somewhere at a lower rate... however i suggest you to increase your budget a little bit and go for optimus one/net......

ajai5777

Youngling
I too have a galaxy Y its super cool..the best thing according to me is swype..I am typing faster than I do with keyboard.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
and i am thinking of removing swype after rooting.... :p
never used it... i find normal keyboard to be more useful....

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
it has both 3g and wifi... hsdpa speed is 7.2mbps and wifi a/b/n... not sure about dlna... homescreen is same as on other samsung andros... if you want some photoes then tell me but i'll upload them after 5th only coz my exam...

Sujeet

Undead!!!
I Got Color Plus Package....Phone is Metal grey/black and has come with 5 additional back panels.

Top Bottom