My experience while away from home

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's been close to a year since I have been away from home. Feel compelled to share about the things I learned so far.

I will start with the food. Here, I am rediscovering things which I left earlier. Remember that food change can have very drastic effect on your mind and body in longer run.

It was a long time ago that I stopped drinking tea. More like my mom prohibited tea at home as she considered it was not good for health.

Contrary to that, a good cup of tea can be a great mood enhancer and can break the early morning sleep well. It's a lot better than drinking coffee as you can not possibly consume a cup worth of caffeine found in a coffee mug even when drinking 3-4 tea cups. Caffeine in larger quantities can prove to be a mortal danger to life. But people drink coffee as it works as a much more potent stimulant for the weary mind.

Now coming to the slightly bad effects of too much tea over time. Well, it can cause fluorosis. It's the yellowish brown coloration of teeth as one may have seen, particularly, in villages.

So, how do I prepare my tea ? General method is to boil the water and then pour it into a tea cup. Dunk the tea bags or if you got open tea leaves bag then just use a tea infuser. The trick is to not boil down the good herbal properties in tea by heating it with water at boiling temperature.

Before you throw away the tea bags, another cool thing that you can do is to massage your face with the tea bags (remember to squeeze out the water from the tea bags). It works as an anti inflammatory agent (extremely relaxing to the skin around eyes) and the little bit of caffeine in it can constrict the skin, a good remedy to remove the swollen skin beneath the eyes when you wake up. Acts as a moisturizer too and the caffeine can ward off UV rays too. Though, it's recommended that you use a good cream for UV protection :lol:

continued later... next part will contain the importance of butter (fats)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
+1. I was expecting some mind bending experiences. But.. tea.. :lol:
Well, its Faun. 'nough said. :p

On a serious note, I drink tea much. And I agree that despite the fact that drinking much tea is also not good, but I consume about 5 cups daily. First tea is home made before leaving for job. Another after reaching company, from the tea stall. Third one mostly comes around 11 AM. Then after lunch I probably have another tea. Finally after reaching home. Home made again.

Do I have to worry about something? :oops:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Bindas jio bhai. :cool:
On topic, away from home since 2006. Hardly feel like going back.

The only thing i didn't learn properly in these years is cooking and studying. Sigh.

PS: I also drink too much tea. But prefer to prepare by myself. Bhopal was an awesome place for good tea but Delhi is shite.

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
I've been away from home for almost 2 years now. I've compromised of food too much. Eating from dhabas and restaurants and what not. Learning to cook is on my to-do list (which is about 20000 items long, sadly).
Also, when I was at home, I've always had 2 glasses of milk in the morning everyday since my childhood. That track record went to hell since I moved out.
Gotta make amends... gotta make amends...

snap

Lurker
^Bindas jio bhai. :cool:
On topic, away from home since 2006. Hardly feel like going back.

The only thing i didn't learn properly in these years is cooking and studying. Sigh.

PS: I also drink too much tea. But prefer to prepare by myself. Bhopal was an awesome place for good tea but Delhi is shite.

without going home even once since 2006? : D

sksundram

In the zone
it's not like i can't cook. i can cook really well but i can't cook 3 or 4 times a day. i have a heavy diet. i need chawal @ morning (at any cost) with dal and sabji. these are the minimum requirements. then at lunch i need at least 8 roti and sbji. ditto for dinner (add salad too). in between all these, i need milk, fruits, soaked chana plus moong. the list is long. the most important thing for me is taste. i can't tolerate even a slight degradation of taste. home sweet home.. miss it

ratul

█████████████████
Ok, so i was away from home for last 7 months, 6 months in pune, did the job and left, last one month in bangalore..
Food is definitely the main thing one misses while being away from home, literally my last days in pune were like 4 breads, 2 eggs and maggi as a daily brunch for me.. :), bangalore food was cheap and ok, but too much rice.. :(
Though still i used to miss the feel of Delhi everyday, like it's now the best city in india for me.. :)
But i still love being away from home, great sense of freedom and independence, no home rules, nothing.. :twisted: Hope i now find a new job somewhere far from delhi.. :) :lol:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
haha i was expecting you will write athe difficuties you had how much you missed your family and you wrote about tea only so title is surely misleading change it to 'importance of tea and food'

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
haha i was expecting you will write athe difficuties you had how much you missed your family and you wrote about tea only so title is surely misleading change it to 'importance of tea and food'

Will make the post section wise. Well...there I have been away before too. So difficulties and struggles are not a new thing. Will see what I can write about that.

WTF is this.. I thought you were gonna tell about beautiful women in NZ !! :x

Beauty is subjective. Probably won't resonate with others idea. But yeah, it's like you will find roughly 1 in 6-7 people fitting in your idea of beauty.

What I see is that a large portion of population is older.

Top Bottom