My DVD Writer died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Today i took out my data cable to play pop:t2t. The game didn't work and hell after that my writer is not working. It is not even opening. No light is seen. What u guys think. What could be the prob?

Also suggest me the best best best available Dvd writer in market.

Toocool

Journeyman
Sony DVD writers are the best.. Go with sony..

I have been using it from the past 1 year.. i burn 2 to 3 dvds a day.. not even a single minor problem.. :)

Journeyman
I believe you've tried DAEMON tools to play Prince of Persia - and you unplugged your optical drives to fix some problems? did you?
Did you also trun of the Power - From the power source, plug point before doing so? Did you after that check if you had loosened any connection to the DVD RW drive? Check its power connection - Is it firmly fixed into position?
Check the IDE cable if its loose?
You say the bulb is lighting up - If you find all the proper power connections fixed and u still dont get any sign of life --- Run for your local hardware vendor -

lavan_joy

Journeyman
1.I think you removed the cable without shutting down the PC. It might damage the DVD writer.
2.Sometimes the power cable also have problems.Try with anyother power cable with the dvd writer.
3.If you still have problems then go for SONY DVD writer or LG.
DON'T BUY SAMSUNG & BENQ

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Yes I took out my power cable while my pc was on. I don't know what happened to me i took it out with running pc. Hell. I don't know where was my mind was. After taking it out i jst realised it. can it be repaired by myself? If yes than how? Also tell me some good models in sony and Lite-on.

Last edited:

varkey

Journeyman
i have not had any probs till now by removing or connecting dvd drives etc while the machine was on. try using a idfferent power cable.

cyrux

In the zone
shouldnt be a major prob. while removing power cable while the system was on, try changing the power or may be even the ide cable..check if dvd is working at other place

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I gave the writer to my vendor and he said it can't be repaired. I asked what is the reason? He said I don't know. I asked than how can u say that it can't be repaired. He said - The guy who checked said that it is a major prob. THan what is the prob? He said - I don't know. Hell I came out of there with my writer.

So guys plz tell me what can i do? Any more suggestions except changing the wires. I think the prob is with power cable or that power cable connector. Cable can be changed but can teh connector be changed?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Just check again if the power connector is working..Disconnect it from the writter and connect it to a fan,,,,if the fan works then u r DvD writter has gone to Hell ...........Go for a Liton DvD writter

hermit

Journeyman
just enable the the device again as u might have use star f#ck tool to play the game rt click on any drive(c,d,e..) ---------> Hardware select u r dvd writer [/b] ---> properties u see general...at bottomselect enable the device thats it .

try this

planetcall

Indian by heart
Chirag said:
I gave the writer to my vendor and he said it can't be repaired. I asked what is the reason? He said I don't know. I asked than how can u say that it can't be repaired. He said - The guy who checked said that it is a major prob. THan what is the prob? He said - I don't know. Hell I came out of there with my writer.

So guys plz tell me what can i do? Any more suggestions except changing the wires. I think the prob is with power cable or that power cable connector. Cable can be changed but can teh connector be changed?

Its Simple. Your vendor has nothing to do with the DVD Drive. Ask him to forward the drive to yr drive's service center else you might ask the address and go to the service center directly. If you have yr warranty alive, it would be a boon and you might claim a free refund/repair.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I own LG GSA H10A . Its truly one of the best drive available. Thanks I didnt listen to a few of the suggestions and decided myself to look around in the international forums for more expert views and comments. LG does provide one of the best Optical Drives.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
benq dw 1650 is the best drive available .. .. if u want lots of features and quality dvd writing .. other wise lite on and lg will also do .. avoid sony .. just lite on and benq clone ..

i have benq dw 1640 , lite on shm 165p6s and lg h10 n .. features wise benq is best .. quality wise too .. its just that cheap dvd - r has problems with my benq .. but no probs with +r media .. anyways dvd writing is about quality than speed ..

royal

Padawan
yogi7272 said:
benq dw 1650 is the best drive available .. .. if u want lots of features and quality dvd writing .. other wise lite on and lg will also do .. avoid sony .. just lite on and benq clone ..

i have benq dw 1640 , lite on shm 165p6s and lg h10 n .. features wise benq is best .. quality wise too .. its just that cheap dvd - r has problems with my benq .. but no probs with +r media .. anyways dvd writing is about quality than speed ..

What is the brand of blank DVD-r that you have been using ?

And has anybody used "fake" MOSERBAER blank DVD-R that have the name written in silver instead of the usual red/black ? Are they reliable ? :confused:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I have benq 1640 .. not 1650 .. but both are identical in terms of hardware inside .. both based on excellent nexperia chipset of philips .. the cheap dvd -r brands i used were princo , datamax and some others i dont remember .. no probs with quality dvd -r media like moser baer .. and no probs with any dvd +r media .. i am using a media called unique which is like 10 rs each .. works well with benq and is pretty good too ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom