My DVD Writer died

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
yogi7272 said:
I have benq 1640 .. not 1650 .. but both are identical in terms of hardware inside .. both based on excellent nexperia chipset of philips .. the cheap dvd -r brands i used were princo , datamax and some others i dont remember .. no probs with quality dvd -r media like moser baer .. and no probs with any dvd +r media .. i am using a media called unique which is like 10 rs each .. works well with benq and is pretty good too ..

Umm.. no.. 1640 and 1650 are diff drives with different hardware. Some Dual Layer writing issues were fixed in the 1650. In that regard, 1650 and 1655 are absolutely same. Just that 1655 has extra lightscribe hardware. Both can be cross-flashed to one another. Of course that does not mean you will get lightscribe if u flash 1650 to 1655, and you will loose lightscribe facility if u flash 1655 to 1650.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
nope .. both are based on the same philips nexperia chipset .. only some parts as puh are different .. check cdfreaks .. few issuses with 1640 were solved with 1650 such as huge pif spike in the end of the disk when writing at 16x .. speed wise both are same ..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yes of course! Both are based on the phillips nexperia chipset, but the chipsets are different! Its like saying FX5200 and 6600 have same hardware cuz they are based on the Nvidia chipset. If they are ctually same, then you should be able to cross flash between 1640 and 1650, which is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom