My computer does not boot up sometimes

bcdxer

Broken In
I was wondering if someone can help me with my problem.

1. My computer does not boot up sometimes. When I press restart, a lot of the times it wont go past the first screen that has a picture of my motherboard Name (some time time shows windows logo longtime) . Then if I force it to shut down (by holding on/off button), give it about 5 secs to rest and turn it on, then it will start.
2.System shut down after few hours, It shows CPU over temperature error.
3.Except these issues, it work fine without any issues.........

System config

3 years old
Athlon X2 250 ,2X500GB HDD, 3 GB DDR2 RAM,M2N68-AM PlusMB, 8400GS Graphics card, Zebronics cabinet and powersupply....
please help me find the issue...

karan

*s13.postimage.org/6ygkin6zr/speedfan.jpg

*s9.postimage.org/o8zzqyawv/open_hardware.png

*s13.postimage.org/6ygkin6zr/speedfan.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check your HDD/ODD sata data/power cable and sata ports on mobo and for cpu over hetaing issue buy a good TiM and apply it.

OP
B

bcdxer

Broken In
Just changed power supply to CORSAIR CX430 and reapplied thermal paste.........
But no decent thermal paste available in coimbatore, hence i used locally available stuff of small paste (Rs10)
For cleaning i used surgical spirit and aceton........
After an hour games session, the result noted is given below....

*s16.postimage.org/4kke31f85/latest.jpg

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
But no decent thermal paste available in coimbatore, hence i used locally available stuff of small paste (Rs10)
DONT! I did the same and the result was that the cpu got stuck to the heatsink, almost broke the damn thing.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

*s16.postimage.org/4kke31f85/latest.jpg

looks like a decent TiM at only Rs. 10 ;-) anyway, you can order CM Thermal Fusion 400 from online shops and for temp monitoring use HWinfo.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Temperature is good. And you can always order good TIM from primeabgb/itwares/itdepot etc.

Top Bottom