My CASE MOD --- Reviewed SEE it yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
ah that .. all the details are there in that thread
scroll down or check the next page i'll be ther e. i think the contact is there too ..
anyways ... i know molex connectors carry predefined amt of curretn
but that was too much for my LED"s
or maybe it was because of the no. of LED's and type of connection that each was gettin more current .. hence fusing them ..
damn my white LED's started fuming .. i remember clearly

anyways good for u
and yeah i would appreciate gettin that tut ... wanan check the calculations and the amt of current thru the led's

btw i tihnk that kit was thru matrix systems ...
ads are there in digt sometimes ...
ill have to dig it up ..

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hey after looking at ur MOD i am also thinking of doing something with my cabinet :) but not now ....sometime in june..... no time till june :)

Will mail u that time for suggestions and guidelines

goobimama

 Macboy
Here's mine. I know I've posted it in a separate thread but people might have missed it...

*img114.imageshack.us/img114/7677/excellentplan0fh.jpg

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Tech&ME

good work... :p i like the idea... also u manage to do it in very cheap... thats too Inspiring....

may be i too give my box a shot... but i need open space to display it... which i dont have... :roll:

bytheway pls post ur computer table pict... would love to see how it is matching with other components... (if posseble..)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
goobimama said:
Here's mine. I know I've posted it in a separate thread but people might have missed it...

Yeah i indeed had missed it :oops:

Hey i liked what u had done with ur cabinet....please do post in what all u have done with ur cabinet...cost...
Esp i will to know abt the fan u have attached below(it is fan only na :? )........

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
goobimama
good Job Man
Trully inspired...
I guess. if could also had modified my one..
But its new n its #G-300# frm VIP
There is hardly any place wheere i can modified it
Except for GIving LEDS in front pannel making it look like BAT MAn....
If u guys have any idea abt modifing my cabinet the pls tell me...
see my cabinet here..
*www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/gaming.html

goobimama

 Macboy
Cabinet Fan: Vantec Spectrum UV LED 120mm (Rs 900)

Internal Lighting: One of those round tubes you get for putting in the cars and stuff. (Rs 200)

Acrylic Sheet: 100

Asked the local metal works guy to cut the whole thing up. That's it.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ goobimama @ tech&me

Nice work guys, well even im a 2nd yr engg. student, looks like this thread has become a hub of engineers... :wink:

1.) BTW, can u guys tell me how u were powering the Molex connector? was the power drawn from the SMPS or thru an external power supply or the mobo ? please try to psot a screenshot as it wil be really helpful.

2.) Also post the screenshot of the LEDs connected to the molex connector via the power supply (external or internal depending on hw u hv choosed to power them.)

3.) I will prefer jus cutting the side and top panels of my Cabi as they are Silver colored already so jus need help in setting up the LEDs (regarding its position and the max. no. of LEDs that can be applied into my cabi as i hv a 250 W SMPS) and How the Power is drawn by the Molex connector ! :? I guess these things shud be fine enough in modding my Cabi.. :?

Awating replies.. (with screenshots if possible).. :) Happy Modding guys !!

@ ymhathe: Hey bro, isin't those cabis (cabinets) already modded that u hv shown here: *www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/gaming.html ..... :wink: BTW, wich one of those cabi do u own?? :?

Cheers n e-peace......

goobimama

 Macboy
Most of these devices need a 12v power (i'm no engineer or electrician). That means, one of the wires need to be connected to the Yellow Wire and the other to any of the Black Wire. This goes for lights, LEDs and other electronics. Fans and other "PC peripherals" come with their own connectors so should be no problem.

Btw, I this is a trial-and-error method which I practiced on my secondary PC...there might just be another way to connect those little devils...

I have also used an external Optical Drive Casing as I can't access it from its original place.

Next up: Modifying the monitor as well as a Hard Drive...

@ymhathe: How much do those cabinets cost? They do look good...

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Don't worry about the LEDs, I will tell you an easy way to do it.

I have posted some images also in this regard in my previous thread above.

However, First I want you to mod your cabinet, cut the side panel as you wish and post the images here with your complete cabinet picture.

Then I will be in a better position to suggest you where to put the LEDs and how much LEDs will be required etc. And accordingly I will tell you where to source the power from.

Just for your info, I have used only TWO LEDs and the power was sourced directly from the Molex Connector of the SMPS.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Using a 330 ohm resistor with the LEDs willensure your LEDs dont blow up.
This is applicable if you are drawing power from the +12V rail [yellow wire].If you plan to use the +5V Rail lesser capacity resistor can work too.Personally i would suggest using the 5v rail as it powers your HDDs.so adding load to that isnt exactly recommended.
I hope this helps ya.
Anyways,nice mod there.

Good job. :wink:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thanx for ur replies guys :)

@ goobimama
Well those cabinets tat ymhatre showed, cost b/w Rs.3000-5000/- coz they are specifically designed for gaming purposes and hv a 450 W SMPS with additional slots (as seen by me from the inside) for installing additional fans.

These cabinets were displayed by a shop in the recently concluded DIGIT GAMING EXPO held in Mumbai on the 26th of Dec, 2005 at MMRDA grounds. I personally contacted and asked the price of those cabinets from the dealer himself :)

@ tech

Wisely said bro :). Yup, it would be a sensible idea to first cut off the side panel and then u can help me out in deciding the positions of the LEDs and their connections as i begin to post the screenies of my cabi here. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@ ashu888ashu888
I said tht i owe G 300...
I know its already modded but im thinking of adding LEDS in frontpannel....
extremely below where theres a oval shape mesh/grill
Im thinking of adding three green LEDS over there in d shape of smile, so tht it will appear as a full face with a smile and blue eyes..

As u said this post as becom engg hub...
For ur information im also doing same but 1st year.
Recently cleared my sem 1 though i got a low score of 51 %....
So u have became my seniors.....
PLZ help Me .... Our ideas r of 1st priority...
n one sily question....
How to upload images in the reply.....

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
goobimama said:
@ymhathe: How much do those cabinets cost? They do look good...
i dont know abt others but i purchased VIP G-300 for Rs 2600 bucks
inclusive of 400 Watts power supply...
actually the qouted to me was 3500 in the very 1st shop in lamington
but patience n bargaining power help me to get to 2600 Rs

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ ymhatre

U can uplaod pics using this site: www.pictiger.com/ (its my personal choice) thou many others are available :)

First, take a screnshot, then paste the image in paint (wich will be a bitmap image) then using any image conversion s/ware convert the image inti a jpeg and then upload onto that site (by 1st registering urself for free on those sites) :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
ymhatre said:
@ashu888ashu888
THnx Alot...
pls suggest for the idea of green LED to G300

Hey where do you want to put the LEDs ?

Post the Cabinet image here and mark the area with RED Circle.

Besides, I have seen the G300 cabinet, it blue in the front and you are looking to put Green LEDs.

Also I think the cabinet G300 is an shutter type cabi, which means the front panel has a door that opens up...... am I right ? If so, i don't think you can put LEDs it that case.

Anyway, Please try to post the image.

HOW TO POST IMAGES HERE

1. First take an image of your cabinet in various position (front panel) and with Digital Camera of Camera Mobile Phone.

2. Transfer the image to your computer.

3. Log on to www.imageshack.us and upload your image, once uploaded you will get the url of the image, cut and paste the image url here.

4. you are done.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
I will put the LEDS here....
*images4.pictiger.com/thumbs/ec/967c51f0e0c32b1e4ffb732f7115b7ec.th.jpg
only the above part opens...
Below part is fixed having Mesh/grill which is accessible from inside the cabinet
The three green spot shown will be the LEDs
Thus it will appear like face having two blue eyes
and a mouth
So howz the idea....
plz reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom