My 8800 GTX !! Dont know wats wrong ?!@

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsingh

Broken In
hey guys..

i dont know who else to turn to ... noone seems to understand what is happening to me.. what happens wen ur pc just stops working one day... i know you guys do so please .. i need urgent advice !!
im running an XFX 8800 Gtx on an Asus P5n32 Sli mobo, 3 gigs of dual channel OCZ RAM WD 320 Gig HD and a VIP 600 W PSU ( go ahead laugh ! ) the vip smps isnt exactly wat i was looking for wen i came to mumbai..

wats happened is that everything was working fine for the last 3 months.. and now i dunno why, every time i press the power button, it just flashes on and then goes off.... if i remove the power connectors from my 8800 gtx, it runs, ive replaced the PSU but still the same prob, now i bought my pc back in Australia and am in mumbai till june, can someone tell me what could be wrong or if u guys know a good dealer in mumbai who can actually test my video card or sumthing like that .. i wud really appreciate it.... i still havent finished CRYSIS ......

ancientrites

In the zone
dont use UPS give it a direct connection.lets see if it boots up
please be specific about motherboard.is it
1.asus p5n32-sli deluxe
2.asus p5n32-sli se deluxe
3.asus p5n32-e sli
4.asus p5n32-e sli plus
5.asus p5n32-sli premium
option 3,4,5 are all good mobos but if it is 1 and 2 then u r doomed i used to own 1 option which i used it for 1 month and then got exchanged.these mobo are power hungry one slight error from low quality smps. mobo is buried or has to be fixed.
at that time i used zeb 500watts with 7850gx2,pentiumd 945 3.4 ghz

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ancientrites
is it 7950GX2?
and did u use a 7950GX2 succesfully on an 500W Zeb platinum?

And BTW, rsingh
u can take the card to any reputed h/w shot to get it checked. And i dun think it ll cost u anything. And dun mind giving 100 bucks for testing it.
I think the card is the one thats faulty.

ancientrites

In the zone
yeah dominator i used it with 500w zeb platinum and sorry for wrong pronunciation its 7950gx2.Believe me i used this smps for my current configuration no problem but i didnt want to take any chances so went up for zeb 730w panther series
4 times my mobo went to Rashi and 4 times they found out that particular mobo option1 had series of problem.They were tired of my cry and got exchanged.
Anyways rsingh hasnt mentioned the particular motherboard.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
me too owns Zeb 500W platinum and was thinking of a 3850 or 3870 on it. And as even 8800GTX worked on it, sure 3870 will be a breeze.[8800GTX needs power close to HD 3870 X2].

ancientrites

In the zone
when ever i see Xfx graphics card reviews the cons states it runs tad hot ,heats up quickly,makes lot of noise and expensive.Thats why i am too scared to buy xfx graphic cards.
Besides in future i am looking forward for 9800gtx or 9850gx2 from zebronics heheeh...but this leadtek px8800gtx tdh is not bad after all.

OP
R

rsingh

Broken In
I have a p5n32 E Sli ... can anyone give me a name and address of a place where i can get my 8800 gtx tested. I cant find any good people who actually know what theyre doing. Also, since i bought my card in australia, will i be able to get it replaced, if needed while im here ? and i have run it direct wihtout a UPS and its exactly the same prob..

ancientrites

In the zone
MUMBAI Rashi Peripherals Pvt.Ltd.
1st Flr., Pahelvi Bldg.,
315, Doc. Bahdkamkar Marg,
Lamington Road, Grantroad (E), Mumbai 400 004. Tel No.:+91 - (022) 32952844 / 32957736 Fax No.:56586437

OP
R

rsingh

Broken In
thanks for all the help guys ... Ive tried rashi peripherals and they refuse to look at my card as i bought it in australia ... even though im willing to pay watever... does anyone know of any place where they have the hardware to test my 8800 ? or any person who can actually tell me wat is really rong with my system....

if not, is anyone selling an 8600 gt or something .. ?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
try testing at some mumbai guy's place from this forum ? - someone with a better PSU coz i dont think VIP Psu would run 8800GTX.it happens with these PSU's.they run for sometime and later go kaput.

dont get a new card until u r sure about a fault

also mention a complete config.have u overclocked ?

OP
R

rsingh

Broken In
that would be great.. if anyone could help me out... i live in santacruz east... anyone ... ? ill pay watever... ..thanks

My complete specs are as follows:

XFX 8800 Gtx ... Never overclocked it
3 X 1GB Dual Channel OCZ XTC Platinum Edition 800 Mhz RAM
320 GB WD Hard Drive
Asus P5N32 E Sli Mobo
Creative X Fi Extreme Audio Sound Card
Leadtek winfast TV 2000 XP Global TV Tuner
VIP 600 W PSU
Some Zebtronics Case..

thanks again for all the advice

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone
i found something for you i hope this works if not sorry

*mumbai.kijiji.in/c-Services-Busine...-IN-MUMBAI-24HRS-9867635653-W0QQAdIdZ40171222

Date Listed: 02-Mar-2008

SERVICE CENTER REPAIR IN MUMBAI 24HRS:- 9867635653
Product Categories

•Notebooks •Digital Cameras •Printers •Monitors •CPUs •Motherboards •Keyboards •Speakers •Games •Internet •Memory •Headphones •Pointing Devices •Telecom •Software •Graphics Card •MP3 Players •HDD •Security •DVD Writers •Gaming •Graphics Accelerators •Portable Music Players •CD Writers •DVD ROMs •Portable Storage •Mobile Phones •PDAs

Brands •Apple •ASUS •BenQ •Creative •Epson •Canon •Gigabyte •HP •Iomega •Kodak •LG •Lite-on •Logitech •Microsoft •MSI •Nikon •Nokia •Philips •Pioneer •Samsung •Sony •Viewsonic •Dell •Hitachi •Panasonic •IBM •Motorola •Reliance •Fujitsu •Acer •Intel •NVIDIA •AMD •Google •ATI •XFX •Toshiba •Yahoo •Mozilla •SanDisk •Western Digital •Airtel •Transcend •Sony Ericsson •Seagate •JBL •Genius •Lenovo •Electronic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom