My 256KBPS Speed test

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirates1323

In the zone
Hey I have 256KBPS Sify broadband connection. I have gone through a speed test on this site *www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and the NEW YORK CITY SERVER. I have the following results. I not satisfied with the upload speed.

*img77.imageshack.us/img77/4009/speedtest9kz.jpg

Third Eye

gooby pls
i got this,mine is also 256Kbsp DSL connection.i dont think so this is my real speed.

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/9812/test8db.th.jpg

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
tech_mastermind said:
i got this,mine is also 256Kbsp DSL connection.i dont think so this is my real speed.

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/9812/test8db.th.jpg

Hey wht was ur server

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Airtel gives almost similar upload speed too.. Im on 128 kbps connection..

Last Result:
Download Speed: 105 kbps (13.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 101 kbps (12.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

And dont ever expect good uploads on sify..

sakumar79

Technomancer
Im on Tata Indicom Broadband, Connection speed as per Connection Details is 544 kbps... Though tariff plan says 256 kbps...

I typically get about 210 kbps down and 180 kbps up... I think it is pretty good...

Most sites load pretty fast... Today, I was downloading some brochures from a US website, I had about 5 simultaneous downloads and I was hitting about 25 KBps regularly...

Only gripe is this forum often takes forever to load... Most other sites I visit load fast... Not sure if it is traffic or something else...

Arun

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
pirates1323 said:
huh :( ..... why man....... :roll:

Cuz i had sify's 128 kbps connection earlier and i rarely got upload speeds of 2-3 KBps. When i asked customer care about it, they said the rated speed is only for download. Upload speeds are not guarenteed in any way..

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
kalpik said:
Cuz i had sify's 128 kbps connection earlier and i rarely got upload speeds of 2-3 KBps. When i asked customer care about it, they said the rated speed is only for download. Upload speeds are not guarenteed in any way..

Oh!!! now I understand Sify SUCKSSS!!!!!...... I have renewed by connection nearly after 4 months... 'cause of my boards exams.......when I said to renew they renewed after 2 days and also I found tht someone has cutted the internet CABLE wire.. When asked about this they said tht they r not responsible for it.....moreover they took Rs.300 from me and introduced a new wire... This such a mess........Also when surfing the internet it always stuck in between.....Most of the problems I face r...."The Local Area Network is Unplugged" and "There was problem when connecting Sify server".........

Secondly it is my mistake... I should have not renewed my account......

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
Hey after visiting www.speedguide.com and performing speed test at *howfastami.com.......I get the following results but the only problem is my UPLOAD speed :x

*img135.imageshack.us/img135/7994/spped0ne.jpg

Biplav

In the zone
urs still pretty decent look at mine!!
*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/bd7ce36c66.jpg
and i have a 256kbps connection

thecyclone2k

In the zone
the upload/ download speed may vary at an time instance. One may be higher than the other at that secong when the calculation is going on.

BTW, the isps usually provide lower upload speed than download.

Biplav

In the zone
thecyclone2k said:
BTW, the isps usually provide lower upload speed than download.

and under extraordinary circumstances only the upload wud be 2.5 times more. :cry: and which i successfully manage to obtain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom