Must Watch Movies in High-Definition

trublu

Ta da !
Hey everyone,

I think it will be great to put together /recommend a list of the movies that are worth watching in no less than high-definition/Blu-Ray.

There are a number of movies which may not be great plot-wise, but are a treat for the eyes.

So, here I start :

1. 300 :-D
2. Up !
3. Wall-E
4. Red Cliff (Chinese)
5. Step Up 2 : The Streets (Just for the end sequence :-D)

clmlbx

Technomancer
I believe we had a thread like this..

well must watch is different thing but IMO every movie should be watched in High-Definition

OP
trublu

trublu

Ta da !
Yes, we already have a thread for "must watch movies" - but what I wanted was a place where we can recommend movies one can enjoy for their amazing visuals and sound, and not just the storyline. Well, if the movie also happens to have a great story, then it's always a perk.

amjath

Human Spambot
Transformers 1, 2 and 3
Real Steel

If u r not gonna watch any movie in HD but these 4 movies is must watch in HD

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
These are all award winning BBC tv series, available on Blu-Ray

Planet Earth, lots of great visuals and cutting edge cinematography in all kinds of exotic locations, turn off the commentary and listen to music

The Story of India, keep the commentary on (really good story is the perk here)

and Human Planet, visuals are stunning

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
baraka (1992) - no commentary, no dialogues, nothing! just plain superb visuals & environmental sounds with some complementing background score. towards the end you will realise the sublime message in the movie.

lifecycles - although a movie with bicycles as its main 'protagonist', you don't need to be a bike rider to watch & enjoy this. shot in 'super-HD', with breathtaking camera-work & visuals and scintillating soundtracks, most of them by amitabh bhattacharya from 'data romance', this documentary will make you surrender to itself time-and-time again to watch it repeatedly!

Home | Lifecycles

samudragupta

Youngling
1) SAW 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
2) Final destination 1,2,3,4,5
3) Transformers 1,2,3
4) 300
5) Saving private Ryan

i think i'll need to watch red cliff... though i hate Chinese!!!

d3p

PowerHouse
Must watch HD List.

1). The Incredible Hulk

2). Spiderman Series

3). Iron Man 1 & 2

4). The Captain America

5). THOR

6). The Avengers [after blu-ray release]

7). Saving Private Ryan

8). KungFu Panda 1 & 2

9). Pirates of Caribbean Series

10). The Bourne Series

11). All the James Bond Series

12). CITY OF GODS

13). iRobot

14). MIB

15). The Italian Job

16). The Batman Begins & Dark Knight [Must for batman's fanboi & joker's acting]

17). THE TERMINATOR SERIES.

Few more to share....but later.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey everyone,

I think it will be great to put together /recommend a list of the movies that are worth watching in no less than high-definition/Blu-Ray.

There are a number of movies which may not be great plot-wise, but are a treat for the eyes.

So, here I start :

1. 300 :-D
2. Up !
3. Wall-E
4. Red Cliff (Chinese)
5. Step Up 2 : The Streets (Just for the end sequence :-D)
Even I had posted a similar thread like this some time back
I believe we had a thread like this..

well must watch is different thing but IMO every movie should be watched in High-Definition
Yes it was me who started the thread some time back.
Yes, we already have a thread for "must watch movies" - but what I wanted was a place where we can recommend movies one can enjoy for their amazing visuals and sound, and not just the storyline. Well, if the movie also happens to have a great story, then it's always a perk.
Let's see how many replies will we get for this?

OP
trublu

trublu

Ta da !
Sorry mate, couldn't find it before starting this thread :(

#backtotopic : How did I forget Peter Jackson's King Kong?

And yeah,the action sequences in Final Fantasy : Advent Children are breathtaking...dunno if it ever came out in Blu-ray :-?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Sorry mate, couldn't find it before starting this thread :(

#backtotopic : How did I forget Peter Jackson's King Kong?

And yeah,the action sequences in Final Fantasy : Advent Children are breathtaking...dunno if it ever came out in Blu-ray :-?

i had it in Full HD of around 12 gb....that must be blu-ray right?

Top Bottom