[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Can sbi maestro card be used for creating vcc with entropay and used with play store?

No it will not work go to your bank and take an international debit card

Update: Will not work even if you have international sbi debit card from SEP 2014

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Some new info here. Went bank today and ask them about the problem we face. The told me until and unless the customer dont mention his requirements, he'll be given non-global debit card. So I asked them if they can solve my issue. They said that they will give me a new Debit card within 15 days that will be able to work on international stores as well.
So... waiting to check whether its true.

debarshi

Otaku
^hmmm. i think i'll go to local SBI branch for inquiring the same and ask them for a demo purchase of free books on playstore.

I'm pretty sure you wont get one. I asked the same thing. They said, *why are you going to give your bank details for something free, that's a scam* and I was like "Oh my God!"

T-Bag

Broken In
I tried using my dad's UBI Visa debit card on Steam and Play Store but it dint work on any of those sites. Has anybody made successful purchases using UBI visa debit card? Is there any way through which this problem can be solved? Should I call my Bank's CC and tell them to activate the card for International usage?

PS: Whenever I pay my internet bill via online, it is mentioned as "UBI ATM cum Debit Card".

debarshi

Otaku
I tried using my dad's UBI Visa debit card on Steam and Play Store but it dint work on any of those sites. Has anybody made successful purchases using UBI visa debit card? Is there any way through which this problem can be solved? Should I call my Bank's CC and tell them to activate the card for International usage?

PS: Whenever I pay my internet bill via online, it is mentioned as "UBI ATM cum Debit Card".

You simply cant. Even the international card doesn't work. Try Entropay.

Tried it with every kind of debit card available. Only ICICI worked, and Axis.

T-Bag

Broken In
You simply cant. Even the international card doesn't work. Try Entropay.

Tried it with every kind of debit card available. Only ICICI worked, and Axis.

So, I'm literally ****ed up. Are you sure that all Axis cards are working on Steam and Play Store? I think I'll better start a new account on Axis bank.

Aksh

Right off the assembly line
I opened a new savings acc in ICICI bank but the card does not work on itunes store and play store. Do i need to do any other thing like activate some kind of service to make it work?

debarshi

Otaku
I opened a new savings acc in ICICI bank but the card does not work on itunes store and play store. Do i need to do any other thing like activate some kind of service to make it work?

Welcome to TDF. Have a nice stay. And please read the first post, you'll get your answer.

In short, SBI debit cards DONT work in the Play Store or iTunes or Paypal.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Welcome to TDF. Have a nice stay. And please read the first post, you'll get your answer.

In short, SBI debit cards DONT work in the Play Store or iTunes or Paypal.
He's saying that his ICICI is not working.
[MENTION=280973]Aksh[/MENTION]

if you have MasterCard from ICICI, it won't work. Visa is likely and should work.

Aksh

Right off the assembly line
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]
I have a visa card, smart shopper, but its not working on either app stores.

maverick121

Journeyman
HDFC Visa Debit Card and my MasterCard Debit from another bank will not work even for funding entropay.
Does the SBI Credit Card obtained by fixed deposit work for International Payments Including Google Play store.

debarshi

Otaku
He's saying that his ICICI is not working.
[MENTION=280973]Aksh[/MENTION]

if you have MasterCard from ICICI, it won't work. Visa is likely and should work.

I'm sorry I mis-read it. ICICI cards should work. I have a platinum debit card which does work everywhere.

Are you sure you're putting in the address correctly. A wrong address might lead to rejection (It rejected mine)

- - - Updated - - -

I just confirmed. Smart Shopper doesn't work

You need to upgrade your debit card

Cyber-Logic

New to this forum
I'm sorry I mis-read it. ICICI cards should work. I have a platinum debit card which does work everywhere.

Are you sure you're putting in the address correctly. A wrong address might lead to rejection (It rejected mine)

- - - Updated - - -

I just confirmed. Smart Shopper doesn't work

You need to upgrade your debit card

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of research and I've seen that a lot of people say that Debit cards from Axis and ICICI banks work on International payments. I'm more interested in getting the ICICI debit card because it currently works with Google Play Store by bypassing the VBV, unlike Axis.

Could you tell me how were you able to confirm that the Smart Shopper card doesn't work? I've seen people saying that it does? (*forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/icici-debit-card-for-paypal.2700871/#post-18843703)

Could you also let me know which ICICI debit cards work for sure on this page?

*www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/cards/Consumer-Cards/Debit-Card/types-of-card.html

Last edited:

debarshi

Otaku
Hi,

I've been doing a lot of research and I've seen that a lot of people say that Debit cards from Axis and ICICI banks work on International payments. I'm more interested in getting the ICICI debit card because it currently works with Google Play Store by bypassing the VBV, unlike Axis.

Could you tell me how were you able to confirm that the Smart Shopper card doesn't work? I've seen people saying that it does? (*forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/icici-debit-card-for-paypal.2700871/#post-18843703)

Could you also let me know which ICICI debit cards work for sure on this page?

*www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/cards/Consumer-Cards/Debit-Card/types-of-card.html

Uhm, because I had a smart shopper card, and it didnt work. I upgraded the card, after which it has always worked.

Surprisingly (or not) it is none of the above mentioned cards on that link. Its a deep golden card, with Platinum written over it.

And another heads up, can anyone confirm if this site www.skrill.com is authentic?

Top Bottom