[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

Himawari

Right off the assembly line
Hello, I just joined.I was looking for some info and stumbled upon here.I recently opened an Axis account as I heard in most places that Axis Debit card works with international payment- Amazon specially.I activated and registered my card-Titanium Reward Master Card.But after trying for 2 days, no use :/ The bank didn't allow the transaction for Amazon.I talked to the branch..they are clueless.
Can anyone confirm if their Axis debit card still works with Amazon?

T-Bag

Broken In
Hello, I just joined.I was looking for some info and stumbled upon here.I recently opened an Axis account as I heard in most places that Axis Debit card works with international payment- Amazon specially.I activated and registered my card-Titanium Reward Master Card.But after trying for 2 days, no use :/ The bank didn't allow the transaction for Amazon.I talked to the branch..they are clueless.
Can anyone confirm if their Axis debit card still works with Amazon?
Have you tried to user your card in other international merchant sites like Steam and iTunes? And what card is that? Visa or Master?

Himawari

No, I did not try with Steam or iTunes.Not really into games..
Its is a Master card.The branch confirmed it is international.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
No, I did not try with Steam or iTunes.Not really into games..
Its is a Master card.The branch confirmed it is international.

Try it in steam,itunes or paypal. Paying in amazon is a different story they ask only the card number and your name for the transaction may be that's the problem

T-Bag

Broken In
Yeah. Amazon is a different story. In order to check whether your card is eligible for making purchase on international merchants, you've to use your card on sites like iTunes and Steam. The fact that your bank confirmed that the card is "international", that could literally mean that your card can be used on foreign ATM machines to withdraw money.

debarshi

Otaku
Yeah. Amazon is a different story. In order to check whether your card is eligible for making purchase on international merchants, you've to use your card on sites like iTunes and Steam. The fact that your bank confirmed that the card is "international", that could literally mean that your card can be used on foreign ATM machines to withdraw money.

It actually means so.

You need an US address to buy from Amazon.com AFAIK. *I might be wrong on that one*

little

Journeyman
What's wrong with HDFC Netsafe Cards? Earlier I used to buy from Steam using Netsafe VCC but now steam says that the bank declined the card.

The things might have changed because my last purchase from steam was around 1.5yrs ago. Last year Netsafe went down for a couple of months for an update; does anyone know what was changed in that update? Does the Netsafe service still works on online sites like steam, has it worked for you?

Even Paypal isn't accepting HDFC Netsafe Cards. -_-

nix253

I have personally confirmed and it is also stated by ING Vysya in their monthly e-statement that ING Vysya MasterCard debit card works on itunes and on apple appstore.

Also one of my friends told me that his Bank of Baroda debit card works on apple appstores and itunes but i have not personally confirmed this.

Last edited:
OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ updated for ING Vysya MasterCard and iTunes.

Just ask your friend whether his Bank of Baroda debit card is Visa or MasterCard.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Asked SBI to issue a debit card which must work on steam and got a Mastercard. They haven't given me the PIN yet after a week :mad:
Will check that after i get the PIN.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
update, got the correct pin, still card doesn't works on steam/humble bundle/amazon. F*CK u SBI :mad:

I checked, they've issued me a domestic card again :facepalm:

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Anyone registered 3dsecure code for union bank rupay cards and use successfully online? I having trouble with my rupay card.

- - - Updated - - -

update, got the correct pin, still card doesn't works on steam/humble bundle/amazon. F*CK u SBI :mad:

I checked, they've issued me a domestic card again :facepalm:

Even the sbi international debit card don't work. Try to get a credit card

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Even the sbi international debit card don't work. Try to get a credit card

Can't get a CC as my father is refusing to let me have one now. don't know why, but I'm not receiving OTP for Mastercard SecureCode signup. can't even make SBI Virtual CC because it requires PAN card info. :mad:

SBI= $hit Bank of India

abracadabra

Journeyman
Ask for a SBI Yuva card, its for sure a VISA card and I guess any account holder having an account in the same branch over a year is eligible, not sure though, but YUVA Card is Visa!

- - - Updated - - -

SBI != **** Bank or whatever, as for any govt agencies no info is readily available or systematic; a customer has to run the loops to find info! You need to question the people at the counters! Keeping quiet is your fault, no answers will come out unless you learn to speak, when you speak others will join in to, to understand what is happening and then the bank staff budges his * * * *!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
[RANT Mode ON]

I asked them, in written, to specifically issue me a card which must work on those websites. Its their fault for issuing me the same crap which doesn't.
Called the customer care and they suggested to take the matter to the branch manager. I doubt he can do anything regarding it because I addressed the letter to the Manager himself.

[RANT Mode OFF]

Top Bottom