[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

abracadabra

Journeyman
By default, SBI regardless dispatches Mastero/MasterCard, once you have an account activated in some branch and then you receive your first so called ATM cum Mastero card. This card cannot be used at most establishments to make any mode of payment ONLINE, usually it works with INDIAN sites, one or two here and there. You can use it for POS purchases too I guess, am not that sure!

Now go the bank and request for a YUVA card, now they are even smarter, they would ask you to take a VISA card with 50,000 AQB, just ignore those words and tell them to take up the YUVA card, and guess all problems can be solved! I personally haven't used the YUVA card on Steam/PS/AS so cannot confirm the same! But its a lot better than the Mastero one!

Oh BTW, get your online banking/ net banking activated too, so you can keep a track of lot of the account related stuff!

If you go too the bank and ask for any card that works with most website, they are just going to push onto you whatever at the moment they think is good enough! Be Specific the next time! Again address one more letter to the bank manager and make sure the word YUVA Card is specifically underlined in the subject as well as in your body content!

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

There was a thread on this very forum already for the same! Have a look at it too!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ i won't spend another 200 for a card which doesn't works. I guess I have to ask the Manager to unblock my card for international online payments and/or issue a Yuva card without any charge (because it was the Bank's fault initially). Else, I'm thinking of opening an Axis Bank account and maybe shut down my SBI one. Already have internet banking activated. Not having problem on that.

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Those having HDFC debit card, In net banking if you go and enable International Usage will it then work on Steam/Origin ?

I can confirm the netsafe card does not work on Steam/Origin.

abracadabra

Journeyman
For SBI, one can also create virtual card for VISA from onlinesbi.com, meaning you have net banking enabled!
LOGIN to you account and Goto eCards option and create the virtual card

• For your security, the Virtual Card will expire within 24-48 hrs from the time of creation. The expiry date mentioned on your Virtual Card is only for the purpose of using at the time of shopping.
  • Virtual Card is a one-time use card and can only be used on online websites that accept VISA Credit Cards.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]
I posted this in another forums to help a member.
Hope you don't mind. I even put credits to you after the post.
If you want I can remove it.
Link:-
Urgent...!!! Urgent! Urgent! Mayday! Please! - College Confidential

RajaGodasi60862

New to this forum
I am planning to make an account to use for global purchases. Please suggest in which bank I should open and which card I should get.

Thank you

Top Bottom