[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
my axisbank cc is evm chip card is newly given to my as the rbi rules applied, and they also deactivated my previous card.

and omg, u r right, this new card doesn't have international card written on it. :shock:
All Credit Cards are international. Doesn't have to be written on them.

Just call your customer care and tell them to allow International transactions on your Credit Card.

I had to do this once sometime back with my mother's PNB Credit Card as it was failing on Steam.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Hello all , I am unable to make payment using Google Wallet , I am using SBI Master Card Classic

Google wallet keep telling me Invalid Credit card >.>

any1 able to use SBI debit card ?master card

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Debit Cards won't work in Google Wallet for paying for apps(as the prices of apps are in rupees). As per a RBI initiative, one has to enter their password before transacting rupees online. You'll have to use a Credit Card.

But you may be able to use that debit card for paying in $ to purchase humble bundles etc.

debarshi

Otaku
^^ Debit Cards won't work in Google Wallet for paying for apps(as the prices of apps are in rupees). As per a RBI initiative, one has to enter their password before transacting rupees online. You'll have to use a Credit Card.

But you may be able to use that debit card for paying in $ to purchase humble bundles etc.

Except for an ICICI debit card, which works flawlessly for all google play purchases for me :)

I haven't heard of any other debit card which does so, AXIS cards apparently used to...

Rajesh345

Youngling
Except for an ICICI debit card, which works flawlessly for all google play purchases for me :)

I haven't heard of any other debit card which does so, AXIS cards apparently used to...

what is the min balance for ICICI D Card ? also any other direct or indirect fee for Internationl shoping cards ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you mean minimum balance for icici account(debit card as such has no minimum balance).
Savings Accounts FAQs | How to open a Saving Account | ICICI Bank India
The minimum average monthly balance required to be maintained for a Savings Account is Rs.10,000/- in metro and urban locations, Rs. 5,000/- in semi-urban and Rs. 2,000/- in rural locations.
there is a zero balance savings account scheme too as per RBI instructions but not sure if the visa debit card with this account is same as the regular savings account.
Zero Balance Saving Account | Zero Balance Account - ICICI Bank Basic Savings Account India

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
how to buy free books on google books without a debit/credit/atm card?

i wanted to get *play.google.com/store/books/details/H_G_Wells_The_Time_Machine?id=Yzt4Mwo8BbkC

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
SBI Debit card doest work on Steam, Paypal, Entropay, Google, Store, Nokia Store, iTunes
Where the heck I can use it then?

I'm thinking of opening an account in Axis bank just for the international store purchasing.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
SBI Debit card doest work on Steam, Paypal, Entropay, Google, Store, Nokia Store, iTunes

I'm thinking of opening an account in Axis bank just for the international store purchasing.
Wow. Just what I expect from SBI, lovely.
By the way, Axis is brilliant too, don't even think of it. If it's debit card you're looking for then ICICI is what you should be eyeing.
^ for indian stores and ATM's :lol:

( i'm also a frustrated SBI debit card user)
:lol:
So true, so true.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

but hey, you can get a credit card through a Fixed Deposit in SBI.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member

Correction SBI debit card works on entropay all you need is to go to your bank and apply for an international debit card.

Update : Will not work from SEP 2014, confirmed on entropay,newegg which have VbV

Last edited:
Top Bottom