Must NOT Watch Movies Thread V1: Personal Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
itni bhi buri nahi thi..gaane to mast they !
If really want to watch the songs we can download them and watch. Also I can say that HR had better music than this one.
Aatma

Do not, I repeat, do not at any condition watch this movie. Not even free, not even a glance at its poster. Its evil, its a sadistic method that the director took to make us suffer and laugh at our condition. I think I'll have nightmares of this movie. Eeeekkk....I just got scared remembering that I endured it for 2 hours.

You know at intermission the movie gave enough hint that within next 15-20 minutes its gonna end. And then it did not and took another 1hr! I was this close to die of boredom and stupidity.

I'm glad I've not become Aatma :D

Thanks for the warning!

3g Absolute bakwaas

Renny

Padawan
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Seriously, WTF were they thinking allowing Jon Chu to direct an action movie (his first) when all he has directed is Step up and a Justin Bieber documentary :rolleyes:. Absolutely disappointing.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani 4.5/10

A long, never-ending movie. Misplaced song and non-existent story. If you love Ranbir, don't watch this.

+points
---Songs
---Deepika's acting

A few additional points,

I can say about myself. I'm not against Ranbir rather I've started liking him and his acting.

But this movie does no justice to him.

I was so pissed off that I did not even write a review about this movie (which is my new found hobby).

My thoughts:-
Movie starts well, we see an interaction of boring naina and her lively friend Aditi suddenly an item number by Madhuri drops in!!! I was like WTF!!! Movie of Ranbir Kapoor never required an item number. Ranbir alone has become an USP, a brand, a star for his movie and obviously not some gone era damsel is not required to gram attention. I guess KJO forced this unto Ayan Mukerji.

Then the intro of Farooq Seikh. He's a good actor and I've loved his roles but in a movie of impromptu scripts what a veteran like him can do. All scenes (not only scenes of him in particular) seems to be going nowhere. Acting is not fluent, actors seem to be waiting for director's command to speak. Extra pauses between conversations (I know about creative pauses, silent moments but here its not pauses rather extended pauses)

First half of the story goes no-where. You are yet to see the conflict that the post intermission part is going to resolve. Ayan Mukerji might have a had a simple story about friendship in mind but the pressure to make it larger than life spoilt it.

When the starting credits roll you see SRK being thanked. I though being a KJO production he might have had a guest appearance but no! he did not. Do you know why he was thanked? I guess I know. Throughout the movie there are references to his movies, recreation of scenes he acted or dialogs he told in his movies. This is not expected from Ranbir Kapoor's brand neither from Ayan Mukerji.

Then second half of the movie started. You are still confused whose story are you listening here because the story did not really focus on any particular character, did not show its transformation. It had every opportunity you know, the story started with narration in Naina's(Deepika) tone. The story could have been simply told from her point of view, how a wild boy came from nowhere and changed how she looked at the world. How he made her love life and live but no, at key moment when you have just started feeling for Naina...the story moves to Bunny (Ranbir) and just when you are settling in for Bunny it again shifts to Naina.
This time it shows her transformed look. Well, the second half is so long that at time I thought its no gonna end today and sequel might be required to complete it.

This movie bored me. If you want to overlook all those nifty details I had put, let me assure you when I watch a movie I ask myself a question "Did I enjoy this movie apart from all its shortcomings", well the answer to this is "No". I've enjoyed "Ek tha tiger", "Ra.One", "Jab tak hai jaan" hell even "Aakash-Vaani" but not this one.

Let me spoil the movie for you...
References to movies (which are too vivid to notice)
Chasmis : Kal ho na ho (specs played a very important role in that movie and this one too)
Drink sharing session with Naina : Rockstar
Ranbir's carefree image : Rockstar and Barfi
Ranbir's job : Photography which is very much Ayan Mukerji's signature from his first movie

And,
the very backbone of the movie : DDLJ. Watch it to believe it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Oz the great and powerful 4/10
Bad movie. Steer clear. Only CGI doesn't make a good movie.

From Paris with love 4.5/10
WTF! What was the conflict and what did they resolve? I guess John Travolta tried to do a Die Hard...and failed.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani 4.5/10

A long, never-ending movie. Misplaced song and non-existent story. If you love Ranbir, don't watch this.

+points
---Songs
---Deepika's acting

A few additional points,

I can say about myself. I'm not against Ranbir rather I've started liking him and his acting.

But this movie does no justice to him.

I was so pissed off that I did not even write a review about this movie (which is my new found hobby).

My thoughts:-
Movie starts well, we see an interaction of boring naina and her lively friend Aditi suddenly an item number by Madhuri drops in!!! I was like WTF!!! Movie of Ranbir Kapoor never required an item number. Ranbir alone has become an USP, a brand, a star for his movie and obviously not some gone era damsel is not required to gram attention. I guess KJO forced this unto Ayan Mukerji.

Then the intro of Farooq Seikh. He's a good actor and I've loved his roles but in a movie of impromptu scripts what a veteran like him can do. All scenes (not only scenes of him in particular) seems to be going nowhere. Acting is not fluent, actors seem to be waiting for director's command to speak. Extra pauses between conversations (I know about creative pauses, silent moments but here its not pauses rather extended pauses)

First half of the story goes no-where. You are yet to see the conflict that the post intermission part is going to resolve. Ayan Mukerji might have a had a simple story about friendship in mind but the pressure to make it larger than life spoilt it.

When the starting credits roll you see SRK being thanked. I though being a KJO production he might have had a guest appearance but no! he did not. Do you know why he was thanked? I guess I know. Throughout the movie there are references to his movies, recreation of scenes he acted or dialogs he told in his movies. This is not expected from Ranbir Kapoor's brand neither from Ayan Mukerji.

Then second half of the movie started. You are still confused whose story are you listening here because the story did not really focus on any particular character, did not show its transformation. It had every opportunity you know, the story started with narration in Naina's(Deepika) tone. The story could have been simply told from her point of view, how a wild boy came from nowhere and changed how she looked at the world. How he made her love life and live but no, at key moment when you have just started feeling for Naina...the story moves to Bunny (Ranbir) and just when you are settling in for Bunny it again shifts to Naina.
This time it shows her transformed look. Well, the second half is so long that at time I thought its no gonna end today and sequel might be required to complete it.

This movie bored me. If you want to overlook all those nifty details I had put, let me assure you when I watch a movie I ask myself a question "Did I enjoy this movie apart from all its shortcomings", well the answer to this is "No". I've enjoyed "Ek tha tiger", "Ra.One", "Jab tak hai jaan" hell even "Aakash-Vaani" but not this one.

Let me spoil the movie for you...
References to movies (which are too vivid to notice)
Chasmis : Kal ho na ho (specs played a very important role in that movie and this one too)
Drink sharing session with Naina : Rockstar
Ranbir's carefree image : Rockstar and Barfi
Ranbir's job : Photography which is very much Ayan Mukerji's signature from his first movie

And,
the very backbone of the movie : DDLJ. Watch it to believe it.

Poora story likh diya..
koi dekhta hoga toh nai dekhega..
:lol:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Scary Movie 5, useless.. its an insult for the series, it was a facepalm movie even for a hardcore Scary Movie fan like me :/

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

P. O. S. = Piece of $hit.

Le random person takes super expensive drugs:evil:
Random person (turns into zombie): What kind of bullcr@p is this?:banghead:
2nd person: :idea: here have some cocaine and chill :twisted:
Zombie turned person: :cloud9: this feel so f:censored: awesome, i'm just gonna stand here and not eat you.

GGG's writer deserves the $TFU award for douchebag of the year.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
P. O. S. = Piece of $hit.

Le random person takes super expensive drugs:evil:
Random person (turns into zombie): What kind of bullcr@p is this?:banghead:
2nd person: :idea: here have some cocaine and chill :twisted:
Zombie turned person: :cloud9: this feel so f:censored: awesome, i'm just gonna stand here and not eat you.

GGG's writer deserves the $TFU award for douchebag of the year.
Its a ZOMBIE movie. There is no hard and fast rule which distinguishes some as "authenticate" and some "bullcrap" zombies. Everyone explores the theme as they want.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Its a ZOMBIE movie. There is no hard and fast rule which distinguishes some as "authenticate" and some "bullcrap" zombies. Everyone explores the theme as they want.

still, drugs making people zombies is not a good plot. Getting bitten by zombies is ok but some random drugs? and what about the cr@ppy poster colour makeup to show how much zombified people are? moreover, the movie seems to be inspired/copied from H.O.T.D. and its OVA.

Top Bottom