Music phone with sound quality BETTER than W810i

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingalala

Broken In
Hi Friends,
Please guide me in getting a phone better than W810i (sound qualitywise) and also has A camera as good as N82.
My Budget is 25k.And please NO NOKIA vs SONY ERICSSON war.
I Want you guys to be extremely honest in advising me. Please don't promote a phone brand or model unless you really have experienced it.

BEST IF YOU HAVE COMPARED W810i WITH OTHER PHONES SOUND QUALITYWISE IN ACTUAL.
I am seriously looking for a HONEST ADVICE.

Thanks in advance:p

Third Eye

gooby pls
I have both phones and N82 is better both through earphones and loudspeaker.SQ of N82 is great but not loud like N81.

OP
J

jingalala

Broken In
Dear Friend,
N82 sound quality is better than W810i??????????
You might be kidding for sure.W810i is a dedicated music phone dude.

Iam only concerned about top quality sound via earphones even if the loudness is a bit less.Iam also not looking at MORE BASS EFFECT.It gives me headache if i listen it that way for long.

I WANT JUST CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND.I SHOULD BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO ALL THE MUSIC INSTRUMENTS USED IN A SONG VERY DISTINCTLY AND CLEARLY.

I CAN COMPROMISE ON LOUDNESS THROUGH EARPHONES AND SPEAKERS.

You guys can also suggest me an earphone when used with N82 can beat W810i in music department.
I am also looking for unlimited voice recording as the one in W810i.:p

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Dear Friend,

Iam only concerned about top quality sound via earphones even if the loudness is a bit less.Iam also not looking at MORE BASS EFFECT.It gives me headache if i listen it that way for long.

I WANT JUST CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND.I SHOULD BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO ALL THE MUSIC INSTRUMENTS USED IN A SONG VERY DISTINCTLY AND CLEARLY.

I CAN COMPROMISE ON LOUDNESS THROUGH EARPHONES AND SPEAKERS.

You guys can also suggest me an earphone when used with N82 can beat W810i in music department.
I am also looking for unlimited voice recording as the one in W810i.:p

lol third eye might have got scared :lol:

btw sound through earphone is better in N82

you must have EP-630 or something like that to utilize the full potential of N82

nokia phones earphones are utter crap

you should consider the upcoming C905 in September or you must settle yourself with C900 if you only wanna live with SE

N82 will still be better from C900

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
And please NO NOKIA vs SONY ERICSSON war.
I Want you guys to be extremely honest in advising me. Please don't promote a phone brand or model unless you really have experienced it.

BEST IF YOU HAVE COMPARED W810i WITH OTHER PHONES SOUND QUALITYWISE IN ACTUAL.
I am seriously looking for a HONEST ADVICE.
You scare me! LOL
No really dude, have a better attitude. You are saying as if we don't give good advice and you force us to give good advice.
Back to advice, w810i is a little old now. Why not try the W980 SE? The sound quality is awesome and the cam is 3.2MP and there is 3.5G

Dear Friend,

If you want this, get a Walkman or an iPod. That's the best way to fix this problem.
And yes, I think the N82 has a better sound.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The best sounding phone at present is the SE W980.It has been honoured with the prestigious EISA award. Also, it has won the best music phone by German Audio testing company TestFactory.

October 3rd will see the launch of the W902 which has a much better camera and the same sound quality as the W980.

As of now, sound quality wise you can opt for a samsung mobile such as the Touch Wiz or something.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'll recommend waiting for the upcoming Motorola ZN5 which has excellent sound and camera. It'll cost around 18k.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I don't think one needs to be an Einstein to use a Moto phone If Hitboxx can use it anyone can [ :D ]. And anyway ZN5 easily pawns W902 in both camera and music and will probably be cheaper too.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
W902 uses the C902 cam module and has the same audio quality of the W980. That should do it guess. As far as I know W980 won the EISA and is undoubtedly the best music phone in the market.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The camera in ZN5 is even better than the one in N82, which itself is better than C902. So obviously ZN5 will be better than C902 camera. As for music quality Moto phones have always had better sound than SE phones. Take the ROKR E8 for example. W980i won the award for out-of-the box music experience. But with a pair of higher quality headphones, Moto phones are way ahead. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/74.png

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^yea right. A good pair of headphone swill change the RMAA ratings too. And for your kind info, pease check some user reviews of the W980, people have loved it and gladl say it is the best sounding set ever. Anyways, no point arguing with you, you know the truth but dont accpt it.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^yea right. A good pair of headphone swill change the RMAA ratings too. And for your kind info, pease check some user reviews of the W980, people have loved it and gladl say it is the best sounding set ever. Anyways, no point arguing with you, you know the truth but dont accpt it.
Oh I know the truth all right. Most people are hard pressed to find any perceptible difference between the sound of W980i and other Walkman phones. Although there is no arguing the fact that W980i does sound good, it is not the Ultimate sounding music phone that SE is making it out to be. One might as well just buy a W890i or W760i and be happy with it instead of paying 23k for W980i which doesn't offer any substantial improvement in sound quality. And it is still not as good as some Samsung and Moto's out there.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
An honest advice:

Wait for the W902.....It will be the killer combination of a Camera + Music phone.
5mp camera + AutoFocus + PhotoFlash. And its a Walkman, so it will definitely be having ClearBass, an improved version of MegaBass and also better earphones HPM-77.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w902-2468.php

As for music quality Moto phones have always had better sound than SE phones. Take the ROKR E8 for example.
With the 'always' in your post, you're joking right??....MotoROKR E8 is having a better sound, thats for sure but how come its always. MotoROKR E6 totally sucked.....

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
With the 'always' in your post, you're joking right??....MotoROKR E8 is having a better sound, thats for sure but how come its always. MotoROKR E6 totally sucked.....
OK the always part was a bit wrong, especially when one considers that the E6 was nothing special. But other Moto phones like the E2 were very good.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Gimme a break. No phone other than the W980 has the clear audio experience. And you carry on to your conclusion.The Clear audio provided by W980 is a direct implementation from Sony Walkman phones. And please, you have never seen any user reviews or anything, it sjust your presumption whch should be kept to yourself.The W980 uses a completely different hardware and software implementation which increases the sound quality by quite a few folds.

Gsmarena said "its comparable to the ipod" and among the best sounding phones in the market. Also Testfactory and EISA proved it. So...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Clear Bass? What next? Clear treble? Then maybe Clear Mids. SE just doesn't seem to run out of fancy sounding BS terms. And yet phones like ROKR E8, i450 or N91 which have neither of that beat the Walkman phones black and blue in sound quality. I guess what matters in reality is solid, high quality hardware instead of fancy sounding software tweaks to deliver real sound quality. Of course SE wouldn't know about that. Nor will it's fanboys.

And don't give me the nonsense about the awards. They are available a dime a dozen. For all we know SE would've paid the reviewers so that it's fancy flagship will have good publicity and headstart in to the market. When else have you seen a phone winning an award even before it was launched?Obviously when people would know the phone has won an award, they'd automatically think it sounds good and line-up outside shops. And don't tell me it's not possible. Big awards like Filmfare have been sold before.

Anyway I did my job of suggesting. The ZN5 will be a much better option than W902 when it is launched. Atleast for people who value real quality over fancy sounding terms anyway. Clear Bass. Hah! What a joke. :lol:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^you have no idea what you are talking about. CLear Audio Experience is the term used in Sony Walkmans.Anyways, you being an anti-SE fanboy wont understand...i wont elaborate either.

OP
J

jingalala

Broken In
My dear friends,
Third Eye,Krates,Cooldudie3,Krazzy,Gagandeep & Dreamcatcher.I thank you all whole heartedly for your valuable advice.

I am totally confused !!!!!!!!!

Please help me choose between C905,W902,ZN5 & N82.:confused:

Also pls let me know:
1)How good will be the sound quality of C905 compared to W902 or W980?
2)If the sound quality of C905 is not as not good as W902 or W980 then suggest me a suitable earphone which would enhance the sound quality of C905 matching W902 or W980's sound quality.
3)Is the sound quality of N82 really better than a W810i if listened to with a better earphone like ep630 or HPM-77.?(I DOUBT!!!!!!!)If yes, is there a software available for unlimited voice recording that can be installed in N82???

Guys,
Unlimited recording is very important for me(C905 HAS IT). I frequently use to record meetings with my W810i.I LOST MY MOBILE PHONE WHILE GETTING DROPPED TO MY HOUSE IN THE OFFICE CAB IN THE EARLY MORNING(I WORK IN US SHIFT)

My Friends,I STILL CRY FOR MY W810i.It was truly an amazing & awesome device.Excellent sound quality and awesome camera.I wanted to buy a second one but by then the manufacturing had stopped:mad:

My dear friends,
Please help me with your valuable and HONEST advice and i will be thankful to you forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom