Music organizer

Otto

Broken In
Hi! I’m currently looking for a good music organizer. Have already tried MediaMonkey, but it's not exactly what I want, I need to organize not just my audio files, but also Audio CDs, DVDs and other music stuff. Do you guys use some special software for this purpose?

gameranand

Living to Play
Hmmm......Try Jet Audio. Although I don't know what you didn't liked in Mediamonkey because thats the best damn music organizer I have ever used but still its you call eh. :)

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
Check out this link !

Various options will be available there for you !
All of those are good !
Try it and then reply me !

OP
O

Otto

Broken In
Thanks for so many replies!
Since here many of you wondered why I didn’t like Media Monkey, I’ll explain. I’m looking for not just a player or a tag editor, but for an music organizer that would give me the information about my albums. This information consists of not only cover, name, artist, but the description, some kind of a synopsis. If the same can be applied to artists it would be just great, I mean getting biographies. As neither Media monkey nor Jet Audio are capable of finding the info on the internet, I am searching for other alternatives.
Winamp and iTunes are just like players and keeping some info about the album\artist is not possible here. I’d be happy to, even if the input was manual.
@ Scientia Wiz:
Thanks for the link! It will take time to try those =)

OP
O

Otto

Broken In
Check out this link !

Various options will be available there for you !
All of those are good !
Try it and then reply me !

I’ve tested the programs in your comparison list and they all were pretty decent. But, as I said I’m looking for a Music collection organizer that will provide me with the information, not just a player capable of reading ID3 tags. So only one has met my requirements and it was Jaangle player. It is a really useful tool with capabilities to download info that I need, and it downloads even lyrics of songs. Internet search results are rather correct and the overall process leaves a positive impression. But the problem is that it is too HDD-oriented, I have a lot of my music albums in form of CDs and Jaangle can’t handle them.
So I continued my search and stumbled upon the promising media organizer called Musicnizer. It has a simple and intuitive interface and it resolves the problem of the CD collection: albums can be added by their titles or by the barcode, using a web camera. All necessary information is downloaded from various databases and appears to be quite comprehensive. Sorting and searching capabilities are rich, too.
I’d recommend to try it and we could discuss the best option.

OP
O

Otto

Broken In
Thanks for suggestions, but I’ve explained above why Jet Audio and Jaangle didn’t suit me.
Jaangle is a pretty decent manager, but compared to Musicnizer that I’ve found recently, it doesn’t work with various online databases other than Amazon and LastFM. Also I like the feature of clicking on music catalogue’s entries and moving to that entry’s page (e.g. artist or genre) which is realized in Musicnizer and has no analogues in other music collection software, unfortunately. I keep on testing music managers but it seems like Musicnizer takes the lead. Music collectors will like it

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Did you try songbird?

and do try out the Windows Media Centre if you are using Windows 7. It is superb.

OP
O

Otto

Broken In
Did you try songbird?

and do try out the Windows Media Centre if you are using Windows 7. It is superb.

Thanks for the suggestion, desiibond. I’ve tried out the Songbird music manager, but it didn’t work with albums reviews. And neither WMC nor Songbird kept track of my CD albums and informed me if something was borrowed. So it’s not likely that I give up Musicnizer for one of those music organizers.

Top Bottom