MTNL Triband Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

leanpaws

Broken In
this is my experience with MTNL Tri-Band.

i applied for the DSL-COMBO plan because of the following.

1. Reduced phone Bills
2. A Reliable (no need to Dial-Up) Net Connection.
3. the Router can be connected through the USB port. (i cannot install a
LAN card onmy Compaq PC because of its thin, cramped cabinet.)
4. the phone can be used simultaneously while browsing the net
5. Faster D/L and U/L speeds.

everything has been satisfactory until now. the technician visited my home within 8 days (as told to me) without any need of reminding them, and installed the Router flawlessly.

sometimes the connection seems to go dead (no data transfer). but if you open the "Web Access" page on the desktop it sort of wakes up.

i am not able to install all the software that i want since i use Windows ME (licensed) and not XP. winamp 5.12 gives me problems when i connect to AOL online radio etc.

could you suggest ways to to maximise the advantages of a Broadband connection? (like voice chat on Yahoo messenger) should i start a new thread on this topic.

thanks,

leanpawS

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
Hi,
I would suggest if you start a new thread if you wish to ask for the advantages of broadband..

Regards,
Deep

leanpaws

Broken In
i had one more question, the technician from MTNL did not install the filter that seperates the voice and data signals. will that matter?

also i have started the thread aksing for ways to maximise the broadband net experience.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=305360#305360

blackleopard92

In the zone
Well, they gave me TRiBand AA also!
I realised it after 2 months. Downloaded >2GB.
It was hell!!
Anyway I got it corrected to 590NU and everything is fine.

But to avail NU, you have to switch it on manually after 0000 hrs and switch it off before 0800hrs.

anispace

dattebayo
ok the customer service s u c k s.. its been 3 weeks and still no connection despite reminding them almost everyday.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
whoa deep that was quick.... thnx, d00d for telling... now i can increase my share ratio by uploading day/night

and ifu r wrong d00d.... get ready to give some free hosting to me :mrgreen: :twisted:

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
ax3 said:
bt DSL NU 590 for limited period only ???

& will i b able 2 use my telephone 2 make calls also ???

Registration is open for limited period...if you have registered for that plan then you will be in that plan even after new registrations are stopped...

You can make and receive calls when the net is on...

Deep

Captain Crime

Journeyman
base hv some doubts here.........
in voice chat, the voice we hear frm other,will it be counted in data download:?: base think it will be.

same doubt in cam chat....
bradcasting frm base's side,will it be free as it must be counted as upload......
seeing others cam,will it be counted in data download:?: base think it will be.

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
©Base™ said:
base hv some doubts here.........
in voice chat, the voice we hear frm other,will it be counted in data download:?: base think it will be.

same doubt in cam chat....
bradcasting frm base's side,will it be free as it must be counted as upload......
seeing others cam,will it be counted in data download:?: base think it will be.

Deep has some answers...

Voice chat will be counted as data download - Deep is sure it will be..

same answer in cam chat...
broadcasting anything from base's side will be upload and wil be free...

seeing other cam will be download...

Deep says..base is totally correct....

over and out... :D

cheers
Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom