MTNL Triband Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I am also getting 28KBps speed ...

jamyang312, Where are you located man.. Contact the nearest Exchange/Sanchar Haat.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Re: chck this

jamyang312 said:
Hey, if u should ask me this plan sucks coz i am using it.
it sucks becaUSE instead of 256mb connection i am stuck with a 56 kb connection.
That makes no sense at all. First of all what is a 256mb connection?
How did you get stuck with a 56 kb connection? Did you use some tool to measure the bandwidth? Are you sure you aren't using a dial-up connection?

jamyang312 said:
Now what do u think about it?
I still think it's a good value for money connection.

jamyang312 said:
all my friends have the seme problem.lol.
I'm sure they do!

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Regarding gaming... its routed through australia and DGM in MTNL said that they pass all the traffic to VSNL and VSNL handles the routing. I am using DSLNU 590 scheme.

1. India Ragnarok Online (inRO) - There is no lag mostly. Iget superb 17ms ping. But sometimes for a min or so it lags in the vsnl part of the network.

2. A3 Inida (hosted by Sify) - It lags badly in vsnl part of the network on its way back to india from australia.

3. R.O.S.E North America (NA Rose) - I can patch and all but cant connect to the server.

4. America's Army - I am having issues with Punk Buster updating over and over again. Maybe its my computer problem although on dial up I dont get that issue. The pings are generally more than 200ms.

I havent tried Anarchy Online and some other games.

Regarding downloads with bit torrent.
1. Bittornado - slow download speed due to the damn yellow light. Its cuz of nat firewall in the ADSL router. Even after port forwarding its not that good.
2. Bit comet - It owns. restrict the upload rate to 21kbps and download reaches upto 25kbps on very healthy torrents. Disable uPnP and chose a port and do port forwarding on ur ADSL router by making a new rule in virtual servers.

Its a sad thing that the net dcs at 11:52 to 11:56 pm. Day b4 yeterday I cudnt connect till 1 am. Thats when I play RO and I miss out on the fun

How is it for other fellow gamers using Triband?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
may be in wrong thread

Hey this mi8 be in the wrong thread but did not wanted to start new thread so posting it here.
I am using local cable net and i wanna check the speed it is giving me.
i ahev taken 128 kbps plan but can't find anyting which will show me the speed. As it is connected to onboard lan card it shows 100Mbps which is not possible. I wanna know the speed so that i can check if they r really giving me the speed that i have applied for and whether in future if i change the plan do they upgrade.
I haveDU meter but it shows up/l and d/l speeds.
Help

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
Re: may be in wrong thread

wizrulz said:
Hey this mi8 be in the wrong thread but did not wanted to start new thread so posting it here.
I am using local cable net and i wanna check the speed it is giving me.
i ahev taken 128 kbps plan but can't find anyting which will show me the speed. As it is connected to onboard lan card it shows 100Mbps which is not possible. I wanna know the speed so that i can check if they r really giving me the speed that i have applied for and whether in future if i change the plan do they upgrade.
I haveDU meter but it shows up/l and d/l speeds.
Help

download some file from big site and the speed should be around between 12-16kbps..if it is not then..the connection is slow..

Deep

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
@Deep
Did you see the usage details of MTNL triband?
The updating of usage details seems to be very slow.
Do you know any alternate way of checking usage every hour. I play a lot of games and I want see which games uses how much dl & ul every hour.
I used to check usage on dial up by double clicking the network connect icon in system tray. But here it shows packets sent and recieved and not in bytes. Is there a way to change this?

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
Hi,
The usage is calculated each time you disconnect the internet.

So if you disconnect the net manually in say, 1 hour then it will add the usage for that time (you can view the same in sessions)

Deep

bala4digit

Journeyman
hmm....so NU is gud....but DEEp wat's da cost????......... wat bill amnt u get for every mnth....???wat's da limitations....d/l limits....time limits....validity period....plss reply????....between 12-8 wat's da maximum data v can download in NU plan???????.....pls reply!!!!!!

BYE!!!!

-MOJOJOJO-

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
bala4digit said:
hmm....so NU is gud....but DEEp wat's da cost????......... wat bill amnt u get for every mnth....???wat's da limitations....d/l limits....time limits....validity period....plss reply????....between 12-8 wat's da maximum data v can download in NU plan???????.....pls reply!!!!!!

BYE!!!!

-MOJOJOJO-

answers here: *mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/htm/tariff.htm

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
drvarunmehta said:
I think Deep made all this clear in the first post.
You can easily download atleast 600MB every night between 12-8.

actually I feel, he might not have read the review properly...

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
25 kilo bytes (I thought thats understandable.... :? coz 25kilo bits means nothing)

About the installation charges, I have mentioned everything in the review...just need to read properly :)

cancer10

ClubHost.in
You mentioned 25 kbps which technically means kilobits, had u said 25 KBps then it meant 25 kilobytes. Its just the difference with the small 'b' and big 'B'

Thanx
Shouvik

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
cancer10 said:
You mentioned 25 kbps which technically means kilobits, had u said 25 KBps then it meant 25 kilobytes. Its just the difference with the small 'b' and big 'B'

Thanx
Shouvik

Yes Shouvik, I got your point, but what I meant was, you do get upload speeds in 25kbps - it is even faster in dialup connection...so it is understandable that it must be 25kBps :)

Regards,
Deep

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
Generally there is no need to log out but still if you want then you can do it from modem..you have to login to modem's admin panel and click on disconnet button (from advanced tab - ppp option)

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom