MTNL Triband Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer10

ClubHost.in
I remember, few months back they used to charge Rs 3000 for the installation. Dont they charge it now?

Just Rs:300 + Rs:500 = Rs: 800???

Thanx
Shouvik

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Customer support aint that good.
Some of the online games lag. Common solution provided by the game hosters is to ask the ISP to the route the traffic to their ip in some xxx way. MTNL triband call centre people dont know what is ping and trace route. They will simply give a lame excuse saying " our servers are down due to some problem. They will be back soon and u can browse the net.". I once made a fake call that I am getting "page not found" and they said they have some server down and the maintanence is going. So back to complaints about lag. After repeated calls you can make them note the complaint. Then it is sent to some technical guy who says he doesnt have the power to change routing. Then it is forwarded to Deputy General Manager who says that they dont handle the routing. They just pass the packets to VSNL. He blames VSNL and says - I will talk to them when I get time.
Not meant for fast paced online FPS games. Only for chess and other turn based games or slow paced RPGs.
Good for downloads and for bittorrent.

anispace

dattebayo
what about the modem?? Should i buy my own or use the MTNL one??

Also which ADSL modem is good and whats the cost in mumbai???

bendre123

Broken In
can any body know
within how much hours/day the data limit 400mb
will be userd.
can any body give me the rough usage idea of data
using of triband

LegendKiller

In the zone
I think triband is damn-good isp!in my locality where big-wigs like sify and all dont wanna invest in(Sahar road,Andheri-E),i think this is one-hassle free product.i use DSL Nu package which has 1gb limitation and free hours from 12-8Am everyday.i think there was never a performance problem or slowdown or stuff.Good for download-freaks like me and one who live on internet.although i do big downloads like nero(100mb) at night,the smaller ones and long-hrs of chat never emptied my tank of 1gb.
i think its and cost-effective! I dunno about online-gaming,but otherwise its very good.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
MTNL has been gr8 so far ... never had any slow downs Touchwood :wink: ..
In north delhi .. my 2 Friends got Airtel Broadband
... I dont know about them shifting to MTNL .. but they do told me that it has slowdowns problem .. a lot
MTNL is giving good speeds & constant too .. I have 593_NU ... 12-8 is free.
So, Atleast in Delhi I think MTNL is Good

.:deadman:.

Broken In
I've ordered it but4 days ago but no reply came.
How much time do they take b4 installation.
And do i need any spcl card 4 it.
like lan card.

LegendKiller

In the zone
it can take good 15days and more so dont expect before 2weeks atleast and you don't need to buy anything additional.Its through your external modem provided my mtnl.

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
No they always have this stupid problem...
When you singup from Net or by phone then they always messup...like in my case they gave me pay per use plan and then I had to get it changed...

So its better to visit the local exchange and fill the form...

Regards,
Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom