MTNL too would offer 2mbps net connection start next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey guys are the limited plan users are in a loss with this MTNL's upgrade to 2Mbps plan ???
Well ashu, it depends! People who only surf the net, check their emails and rarley download songs are not at loss. For them 256 Kbps is more than enough.
But, then there are people who watch youtube videos, like to downlaod songs/videos, chat endlessly, check their emails after every 5 minutes. There are people who sit in front of PC not to do some particular work but to Njoy! Some sit for a particular time limit say like 1 hr. So its a loss for them. They will keep on downloading things. Now u said u downloaded 400 MB (adobe photoshop). What if u were still having 256 Kbps?? It wud have taken u like 4-5 hrs then!! Now its 1-2Mbps, the same thing can be downloaded in less than an hour. Means things being downloaded more quickly than before, that means download limit being used up much faster than before.

So its natural for people like u n me to use up like 700 MB of limit faster than ever with increased internet speed! It might sound obscure to u, but think about it!! => faster internet, faster depletion of download limit :)

ashu888ashu888 said:
Sumtimes i get a d/load speed (as seen in Free d/load manager) of 193 kbps but never more than that. I recently d/loaded Adobe photoshop CS2 approx` 400 MB and the d/load started at a speed of say 180-193 kbps but slowly within 4-5 mins dropped to the 100kbps mark, Y is tat ?? Y its not constant ??
Speed depends on server too. If its heavily loaded with connections then u might not get optimum speed. It sometimes happens that servers replies with a messege "Server too busy, try again later", or something like that!

Last edited:

panchamk

Broken In
drvarunmehta said:
Why is that only MTNL Delhi has full unlimited plans? In Mumbai only night unlimited is available.

I've been asking this question for months now, and the only answer I get is this: they're greedy bastards.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Please post your plans too when u say u r getting 2Mbps...it helps for people like me ... because I am planning to switch to MTNL soon from crap sify!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ navjot,

I agree to ya bro... Users plz do the same.. it will help many ppl atleast try to state ur plans too.

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom