MTNL too would offer 2mbps net connection start next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
^^Ya u'll get it soon. I experienced it on Jan 8 at night. Before that I was sad like u r now!
Hehe I downloaded 700 Mb in less than an hour.....muahahahaa!:D

mediator

Technomancer
:D:D Today I'm getting this tooo! Check it out!
*img442.imageshack.us/img442/1247/screenshot7ua8.th.png
This was yesterday! Right now its around 3 a.m, I already downloaded one movie, installed kde on ubuntu, watched some youtube videos simultaneously!! :D
I feel like God!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ What download manager are you using? Does it support parallel downloads and split downloading?

anispace

dattebayo
mediator said:
:D:D Today I'm getting this tooo! Check it out!
*img442.imageshack.us/img442/1247/screenshot7ua8.th.png
This was yesterday! Right now its around 3 a.m, I already downloaded one movie, installed kde on ubuntu, watched some youtube videos simultaneously!! :D
I feel like God!

current speed 193kbps.. how is that 2mbps or r u downloading somethin else in parallel.

magnet

Youngling
anispace..its 2mBps=2mega bits per second...so 2048/8 u should get 256 kBps max speed.....med gettingard 192kBps so its near the mark...also tech i guess med is on unlimit plan

mediator

Technomancer
@kalpik : its "prozilla", it supports split downloads.

@anispace : Its actually 193 "KBps", not "kbps". Its the fault of the software developer for ignoring such a simple thing! Neways its the most trusted dld manager I have! I was surfing like 10 sites simlutaneoulsy when this was downloading! The maximum speed reached was around "223 KBps". Thats ver near to 2 Mbps. Neways we can never get 2Mbps straight. Becoz of headers of the packets, some bandwidth is wasted for the headers. So the "actual bandwidth = total bandwidth - bandwidth spend on headers" !

@tech_mastermind : Yesterday, I called my friend who was having FULL unlimited plan. Well, I told him about my Godly experiences and when he tested his speed, guess what........he was getting around 214 KBps. Huh, lucky a**, he didn't know it! :D
I just hope I get the same as he is getting!

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
i am too getting high speed now but it is not constant..sometimes it goes up 220KBps while sometimes it remains at 130KBps..

Third Eye

gooby pls
Here is my speed test result picture.. :cool:
*serv2.imagehigh.com/imgss/4773409_sshot-1.th.JPG

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
mediator said:
@kalpik : its "prozilla", it supports split downloads.

@anispace : Its actually 193 "KBps", not "kbps". Its the fault of the software developer for ignoring such a simple thing! Neways its the most trusted dld manager I have! I was surfing like 10 sites simlutaneoulsy when this was downloading! The maximum speed reached was around "223 KBps". Thats ver near to 2 Mbps. Neways we can never get 2Mbps straight. Becoz of headers of the packets, some bandwidth is wasted for the headers. So the "actual bandwidth = total bandwidth - bandwidth spend on headers" !

@tech_mastermind : Yesterday, I called my friend who was having FULL unlimited plan. Well, I told him about my Godly experiences and when he tested his speed, guess what........he was getting around 214 KBps. Huh, lucky a**, he didn't know it! :D
I just hope I get the same as he is getting!

ya thts wht i was wondering. neways ur damn lucky to get those speeds on ur unlimited plan:evil:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys are the limited plan users are in a loss with this MTNL's upgrade to 2Mbps plan ??? Im on a 256 Kbps plan and 700 MB as my d/load limit.

Sumtimes i get a d/load speed (as seen in Free d/load manager) of 193 kbps but never more than that. I recently d/loaded Adobe photoshop CS2 approx` 400 MB and the d/load started at a speed of say 180-193 kbps but slowly within 4-5 mins dropped to the 100kbps mark, Y is tat ?? Y its not constant ??

Please reply... :(

Cheers n e-peace....

Third Eye

gooby pls
ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey guys are the limited plan users are in a loss with this MTNL's upgrade to 2Mbps plan ??? Im on a 256 Kbps plan and 700 MB as my d/load limit.

Sumtimes i get a d/load speed (as seen in Free d/load manager) of 193 kbps but never more than that. I recently d/loaded Adobe photoshop CS2 approx` 400 MB and the d/load started at a speed of say 180-193 kbps but slowly within 4-5 mins dropped to the 100kbps mark, Y is tat ?? Y its not constant ??

Please reply... :(
Cheers n e-peace....

Use FlashGet....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Tech

But my querry was tat Y am i getting fluctuating speeds ??it shud be sumthing from MTNL's side and not from any d/load manager...right ??

to all users: Any other user facing similar problems too ???

Cheers n e-peace...

Third Eye

gooby pls
yeah i am too getting fluctuaing speed but with flasget my download speed remains constant..my d/w speed is now 60KBps and the surfing speed has been slown down drastically..speed is not stable..mtnl has too do something on this..sometimes i get 15KBps d/w speed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom