MTNL broadband query

Status
Not open for further replies.

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
I am planning to take 2mbps. can u advice me to should i take it. because i have heard many problems are faced with it.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
I haven't heard of any problems yet. But yes, if you take up a limited plan, the download limit is sure to get exhausted before even you blink your eye. The upgrade that MTNL has done, is a business strategy that will ultimately earn them more money. With such high speeds, most people will exhaust their download limit and then have to pay more for the extra MBs they download. So, it is not advised to take up a 2 Mbps plan right now.

But a rumour has crept out that MTNL will eventually upgrade all plans to 2 MBps (including the unlimited ones). Either you could wait for the upgrade, or I would suggest taking up the 590 NU plan. It's the best that MTNL offers.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I'm on the 590NU plan in Mumbai and I'm getting 2 Mbps even during the day hours. However not everyone is getting high speeds consistently, so ask other people in your area and then decide.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
drvarunmehta said:
I'm on the 590NU plan in Mumbai and I'm getting 2 Mbps even during the day hours.

Not for many more days. I was upgraded and downgraded by MTNL within a week. Moreover, people with relatively new connections haven't been upgraded (even by mistake) at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom