MSI GTX580 Lightning Quarry

Mainak23

Journeyman
hii guys...

i have a question...is SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W can handle MSI N580GTX Lightning all well??

or do i need other PSU for GTX 580 lightning..

Cabby- Corsair 500R
Procy- Amd fx 8350
Mobo- Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
Ram- G.skill (2X4GB)
PSU- Seasonic 620w

tkin

Back to school!!
Not sure about the GPU, let the experts comment, however you cabinet will support it:
*www.overclockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/INTFANS11.jpg

You may have to remove top HDD cage.

Let me do research on your smps for a while.

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
hii guys...

i have a question...is SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W can handle MSI N580GTX Lightning all well??

or do i need other PSU for GTX 580 lightning..

Cabby- Corsair 500R
Procy- Amd fx 8350
Mobo- Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
Ram- G.skill (2X4GB)
PSU- Seasonic 620w

This might help you ...MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning review - Graphics card Power consumption

Have a go thorugh and you will find that the recommendation in an system for this card to have a PSU is at least 600W. Given the fact that you have a 620 W PSU, its not be called "Pure Safe". Wait for TDF experts comments to have more insight.

rock2702

Padawan
No problems regarding the PSU and cabinet.I have the 500r and the seasonic s12ii 620w,my i5 3570k is over clocked to 4.5ghz on the maximus v gene mobo and my 7970 is over clocked to 1200/1600.If u want to sli in future get an 850w PSU.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ That settles it, Oc'ed 7970 draws nearly same power as GTX580 lightning, so you could run it:
*media.bestofmicro.com/9/Z/342503/original/average%20system%20load%20power.png

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
That should be fine. But better to go with a 700W. Corsair TX-750v2 is a good option for ~6.7k.

That i was talking about, anyway since 'rock' is using the 620W and given that he has already oc'ed his graphics card and the proc' as well, pretty much says it. But when the threshold is near 600-650W, a 700W PSU is always the best buy with a definite peace of mind and also gives the GTX580 more overcloking space in future. tkin is using TX750v2 himself with the same card, i bet its obviously for a reason.

tkin

Back to school!!
That i was talking about, anyway since 'rock' is using the 620W and given that he has already oc'ed his graphics card and the proc' as well, pretty much says it. But when the threshold is near 600-650W, a 700W PSU is always the best buy with a definite peace of mind and also gives the GTX580 more overcloking space in future. tkin is using TX750v2 himself with the same card, i bet its obviously for a reason.
Well actually at one time I was using a 9800GTX+ is a physx card, powering both these cards required the TX750V2.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Seasonic SSII12 620 is an under-rated PSU and basically performs almost equivalent to Corsair TX 650 V2. Both offers almost same amount of current in the 12V Rail. So I think you are safe with the PSU if you are not overclocking the CPU/GPU or both seriously.

tkin

Back to school!!
Seasonic SSII12 620 is an under-rated PSU and basically performs almost equivalent to Corsair TX 650 V2. Both offers almost same amount of current in the 12V Rail. So I think you are safe with the PSU if you are not overclocking the CPU/GPU or both seriously.
He made up his mind, not getting my lightning :p

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Even when CPU + GPU is overclocked ( except Liquid cooling like LN2), the total wattage remains below 500W and is within safe limit of Seasonic 620W PSU which can provide 600W of clean power. Future CPU & GPU are going to be more power efficient and quite not the opposite. So, only when two high end cards are paired , you require a more beefier PSU. Ain't it ? :p ASUS Radeon HD 7970 Crossfire review - Hardware setup | Power consumption

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Your current PSU should be ok for overclocked 8350 + overclocked gtx580.
It is a very good PSU.

Top Bottom