MSI 6970 Lightning Crashing Frequently..Help!!

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
Well, its been 2 years i am using this Beast and now it started to trouble me :(

My pc Config is in my Sig..

I have been using windows 8 and suddenly every game crashes after I enter the game i.e., after the loading part is done!! So i update the gfx drivers and see again.. No Change!!

So I installed Windows 7 and Result is the same.. whatever the game might be..

I Used MSI Afterburner and Kombustor to see whats happening.. Seems after the gfx card reaches 80 degrees it starts freezing.. dont know what to do now.. and heard that MSI has stopped its Services in INDIA :( :(
I am thinking of disassembling the GFX card and re-applying the thermal compound .. is this a good idea? or should i throw the card and buy a new one..?? Please give your valuable suggestions..

Cilus

laborare est orare
MSI has not stopped service in India, they are just handling it directly instead of relying on third party support. You try the card in another PC with the latest AMD catalyst driver for the respective OS and check if the problem arise. Also overheating might be the cause here. Remove the cooler and clean the card properly using some soft brush and check then.

Gollum

Collector
Well, its been 2 years i am using this Beast and now it started to trouble me :(

My pc Config is in my Sig..

I have been using windows 8 and suddenly every game crashes after I enter the game i.e., after the loading part is done!! So i update the gfx drivers and see again.. No Change!!

So I installed Windows 7 and Result is the same.. whatever the game might be..

I Used MSI Afterburner and Kombustor to see whats happening.. Seems after the gfx card reaches 80 degrees it starts freezing.. dont know what to do now.. and heard that MSI has stopped its Services in INDIA :( :(
I am thinking of disassembling the GFX card and re-applying the thermal compound .. is this a good idea? or should i throw the card and buy a new one..?? Please give your valuable suggestions..

If you are going to throw it away anyway, whi not open it up and reapply/clean the Heatsink
Or
better give it to me :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
a gfx card should not freeze at 80c .. you have 1 year warranty left for the gpu so why not RMA it first ? Digicare provides RMA support for MSI products.

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
I have given the card for RMA @ digicare.. lets see what they tell me.. are there any situations like replacing the CARD with a new one.. and if tht is the case as 6970 is not in production.. which card can i get as a replacement?? please suggest few GFX Cards so tht i can argue with the Digicare people and get a new one!!

a gfx card should not freeze at 80c .. you have 1 year warranty left for the gpu so why not RMA it first ? Digicare provides RMA support for MSI products.
i just checked your RMA thread ... hope i dont have to go through all of that.. !! any quick tips from your experience?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ask for either GTX 660 or HD 7870 but let's wait for what digicare is going to do first .. if they do something funny I'll try to help you out.

d3p

PowerHouse
I have given the card for RMA @ digicare.. lets see what they tell me.. are there any situations like replacing the CARD with a new one.. and if tht is the case as 6970 is not in production.. which card can i get as a replacement?? please suggest few GFX Cards so tht i can argue with the Digicare people and get a new one!!

i just checked your RMA thread ... hope i dont have to go through all of that.. !! any quick tips from your experience?

AFAIK, you can demand for HD7950 or HD 7970 with raised voice. Tell them HD6970 was top of the line back then & now HD 7970 is from Red camp.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if Op can managed to do that it would be great .. looking forward to the solution ;-)

Top Bottom