MS Win Srvr 08 launch event (mumbai) - Live updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Ok guys im here at the location got my reg. done, posting frm my cell (no lappies allowed) so a sms lingo will b used.

Event starts at 10 am i reachd 2 n a half hr b4 something ppl who know me prsnally wont accept but i don hv 2 bothr abt tht, so do look at this thread 4 updates

and yeah no cameras allowd so images frm 6600 an will b put up once i get 2 my desktop

8:50: we are still outside and the parking incharge doing setting with the traffic police, some guys hv got sexy free rbk jackets and targus travl bags (3, their icards r of a diff color, thr goes my jacket yes its a big WTF!)

jckt mystery solvd, those guys r User Group Leaders (my gues d MSN user grps)

9:31 inside the hall sum dumb chicks in red skirts r shouting HEROES like cheerleadrs n its damn sad bt wth inside the hal and here comes d goodie bag

now this is sad, all v get is a server 08 rc vrsion tht expires on april 7 and visual studio 90 day evaluation :x WTF!! Worthless sh1t a days sleep wastd 4 this damn

10:07 gaurav kapoor is d host n is on stage n its bgun

10:20 done wid d welcome speech a pretty gud 1, then a useless a dance show now d keynote by ms vp world wide is on stage

12:34 keynote done, tea brk done, hp note done, sql demo done

this just in they r gona show transformers n ya the sql demo didnt undrstand much bt ppl around me were amused n hppy

now its visual stud demo

12:50 vs demo has ppl almost claping, vs looks a killer trust me all devs around me r all eyes n ears

2:00 keynotes over free lunch done and feedback form filled and given y i mentioned tht coz i got 1 gb kingston pendrive in xchange

2:45 movie will bgin transformers

so end of the event wil write a big post on all info n stuff latr in d day

o n i didnt mention othr than free lunch thr was 2 soft drinks, 2 pop corns and 2 tea/cofee per person free so all in all a gr8 softwares, gr8 event, gr8 company

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Lucky You!
we don't have any such events in our City
its better if you could edit & use proper language.

shantanu

Technomancer
lolzz, its seems you were there by forum side :D, reporting live you :: iMAV , i guess those guy were MVPs , and we will also get the same . yipeeee :) lol

thanks for the info BTW

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Jale pe namak matt chidak and thinkdigit opens fastest out of merawindows n live spaces :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
its better if you could edit & use proper language.

read mate that poor dude is doing it using his Mobile !!!

Here I am finalizing the event location at Kolkata :lol:

posting frm my cell (no lappies allowed) so a sms lingo will b used.

this is some thing new :lol: didnt know about this....

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Updatd

Sorry 4 d dlay bt im listening its intrsting n choto sir no lappies its on the hero happn here site

din

Tribal Boy
@offtopic, not flame war lol ;)

jacket, travel bags, dumb chicks, red skirts, kingston pendrive, 08 rc vrsion tht expires on april 7, visual studio 90 day evaluation, tea break, dance, free lunch, 2 soft drinks, 2 pop corns and 2 tea/cofee per person free = gr8 softwares, gr8 event, gr8 company ?

LOL, was joking. Anyway when you get a chance (after reaching home), post something about their presentation, how was the demos, what are all new things in the server they mentioned, same in VS etc.

Anyway excellent live post. Congrats.

Voldy

The Dark lord
excellent post iMav :D
post us briefly abt the keynotes and demos and all sorts of stuff happened their..(specially abt VS that was i liked to know the most ) when u reached your home
lol i like the fun part (dumb chicks,free stuffs):lol:

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ah thanks dino & vicky

@vicky: the VS presentation was the best of the lot, of all the presentations that was the only 1 which got applauses twice and yeah it was a combop of the presenter and the product

and i will be posting a summary of the whole thing i have jotted down quite a few things will format it and type it (will take some time)

@dino sir: all presentations and demos in the event were very well done, the ppts were really nice so great company and the software i dont know much about sql servers and VS bt the kind of response VS received i can assure u its a great software so great software .... nice food gr8 movie freebies .... so a great event :)

din

Tribal Boy
Actually I started my career in VB, but that was VB6, yes, long back. So was just curious what are all new things there in VS new version. Happy you could attend it and happy to know the details.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
iMav, thanks for the coverage :) Now i know what to expect in delhi on friday :)

The best part would be if WE get the Server 08 licenses :D

shantanu

Technomancer
it was a great event there, i got the RBK jacket :D lolzz it was cool and also windows server 2008 enterprise + visual studio team suite and sql sevrer 2008 developer edition.. and that too FULL .. it was the same that they gave away as in Quiz to 2 people.. :D lolzz , VJ gaurav was awesomely cool, movie sucked..

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it was a great event there, i got the RBK jacket :D lolzz it was cool and also windows server 2008 enterprise + visual studio team suite and sql sevrer 2008 developer edition.. and that too FULL .. it was the same that they gave away as in Quiz to 2 people..

I too expected full versions for everyone, but alas, too good to be true. But event was good, though a bit less coverage of visual studio 08, SQL server took quiet a lotta time. Movie was average. Everything else was good including lunch :). And ya, Shantanu, it was lovely meeting you there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom