Mroblem in my N82...need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi, :cool:

I've got a strange problem with my N82 now...:confused:
when i put the fone on silent profile & the screen brightness bcomes maximum...when
an incoming call is there...after dat the screen bcomes normal....i dont know y is it happening...i noticed this happens when the profile is 'silent' or 'pager' & not with other
profiles..such as 'General' or 'Meeting'...& i remember this problem was not there bfore

my firmware version is : 20.0.62....

i dont know wat 2 do now.......rest the cell is working fine...how 2 get rid of this :-(

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

try updating your firmware to 30.x.xx

But i dont know how 2 get the latest firmware & how much size it will b..& most importantly r there ne improvements in it or it has some bugs...
will the Nokia Service Center will help me 2 fix this..coz i have 1yr warranty....

N82 users might know it....:rolleyes:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
To update to the latest firmware you have to download and install Nokia Software Update on your PC. After that you start the application and connect your phone to the PC. Make sure your phone's battery is fully charged and all the data in phone memory is backed up.

After that the software will detect your phone and then give you the option to update the firmware after which it'll start downloading the firmware file. The firmware file for the N82 should ideally be around a 100 MB in size. After downloading the firmware the update process begins. You need to be careful not to unplug your phone or shut down your PC while it is happening.

After a while your phone will restart and the update will be complete. Of course you can also take it to the Nokia Service Centre and let them do the dirty work. And it'll be done for free since your phone is under warranty.

The new firmware definitely brings some performance improvements and bug fixes however I don't know whether it introduces some new bugs of it's own.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Dont update the firmware please V30 is high secured one , then u cannot install any 3rd party software

that is a light sensor problem ,, not the profile --> try to do hard format *#7370#

rajhot

S60 rocks
This isn't a bug its a normal behavior. Whenever u receive a call alert or try to make a call the brightness increases by some levels.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I think its not a problem....it gets bright coz the ringtone is off in these profiles...

Nope...the brightness increases 2 a max level..so not a normal function..
the brightness shud remain same even if it is in silent mode....

& i found dat it is bcoz of a virus which came from my frnd's N73 when i transferred
some files 2 it.....:mad:

so..searching 4 an antivirus 4 my mobile....

does nebody knows ne good antivirus for N82.....:confused:

rajhot

S60 rocks

& i found dat it is bcoz of a virus which came from my frnd's N73 when i transferred

F-secure or Kaspersky.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

just get the N82 display brightness fix.though u can apply it only if ur phone is already hacked.

:D I m glad dat u understood my problem...u also have N82 so u very well know dat its
not a normal functionality...of brightness increase...:(

@rithwick: No..man...i m not a spammer :D....i m @ home now a days...& in a dilema whether 2 pursue an MBA degree or get another Tech JOB....:confused:

kya....MBA log sirf paisa kamane ke liye karte hain ??? :?:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Dude ,, in N82 never experienced such a prob

u feel any disturbance or big difference while using it ,, cause i had some probs before using on V20 , but now i upgraded too v31 its soo fast just do it same probs occur ,, lets decide after wards

ambar.hitman

Journeyman

AFAIK, theres no virus created for s60 V3, and evenif theres some virus, it wont do such stupid things like only increasing the brightness lol. Also, majority of symbian virus become active only after installing, and not just by transferring files to other phones:cool:

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Dude ,, in N82 never experienced such a prob

u feel any disturbance or big difference while using it ,, cause i had some probs before using on V20 , but now i upgraded too v31 its soo fast just do it same probs occur ,, lets decide after wards

:p Look i m a n00b in updating softwares of N82...so pls tell what r the steps
needed...precautions....& frm where 2 download the firmware 4 the fone.....

& most important what new improvements u noticed after upgrading...the firmware :rolleyes:

AFAIK, theres no virus created for s60 V3, and evenif theres some virus, it wont do such stupid things like only increasing the brightness lol. Also, majority of symbian virus become active only after installing, and not just by transferring files to other phones:cool:

I think i shud post my fone screenshot of the problem....but i dont know the app needed
2 capture the screenshot...does nebody knows :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom