TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hello Guys ,

Currently i have k-lite and MPC and MPC HC in my Win7 64 bit
I too have core AVC professional 2.5.5

I should open the 720p/1080Rip Files in MPC or MPC HC

I am unable to Figure the difference ..
Please help me out

What will be the Best playback ( quality ) settings ..

No matter about hardware .. I run GTX 260 ! With onboard 4GB RAM

Some comparison Here :

*screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/54146
*screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/54155
Note:
1)Vlc snap is .png format and MPC is .jpeg ..so less details !!

2)Sorry could'nt snap the exact same frames !

---
Tnx !

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
First of all i would recommened to uninstall the COre AVC COdec , i had once installed them together and faced all kinds of crashes :(

Secondly , maybe the MPC and MPC - HC are not that different . Just install the latest K-Lite COdec Pack and make sure while installing to Check "Enable Hardware Accelaration for H.264 Playback"

I can play 1080p REMUX Videos [ 39 GB Inception :D ] on my Old Pentium 4 3 GHz PC with 256 MB RAM [ Yes 256 MB ] and 8600GT 256MB DDR3.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
First of all i would recommened to uninstall the COre AVC COdec , i had once installed them together and faced all kinds of crashes :(

Secondly , maybe the MPC and MPC - HC are not that different . Just install the latest K-Lite COdec Pack and make sure while installing to Check "Enable Hardware Accelaration for H.264 Playback"

I can play 1080p REMUX Videos [ 39 GB Inception :D ] on my Old Pentium 4 3 GHz PC with 256 MB RAM [ Yes 256 MB ] and 8600GT 256MB DDR3.

You really want me to uninstall core ??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
why do you guys even install codec packs ? I used to do that but now VLC is more than enough.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for Faun. I also don't install any codec pack and never failed to play anything in both VLC & MPC-HC.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
+1 for Faun. I also don't install any codec pack and never failed to play anything in both VLC & MPC-HC.

Ya, Agree Boss
I too have VLC !!!

But what in the case of internal filters ??

eg; I face deinterlacing prob and see lines in motion in VLC - It was a DVD-5
But MPC got Rid of those !!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually never faced that sort of scenario. Besides VLC also support deinterlacing and GPU acceleration. And I guess we were talking about needlessness of codec packs. I use both VLC and MPC - frankly speaking never really felt much difference.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Sorry pal , I could compare the exact frame

But i think this could be a good example

*img26.imageshack.us/img26/6858/vlcsnap2011052416h02m09.png
*img847.imageshack.us/img847/5681/vlcsnap2011052416h03m20.png
*img37.imageshack.us/img37/2936/vlcsnap2011052416h04m55.png

And This is MPC :

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/9574/vts043vobsnapshot000220.jpg

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those screenshots are awesome man! Really put the nail on the head. Will go back to home to see if I can replicate that or I was just plain lucky.

Thanks buddy.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Those screenshots are awesome man! Really put the nail on the head. Will go back to home to see if I can replicate that or I was just plain lucky.

Thanks buddy.

If u want a sample,I'll
But tell me what software to use and cut the .Vob

Thanks buddy.

Hey pal,

Some comparison Here :

*screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/54146
*screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/54155
Note:
1)Vlc snap is .png format and MPC is .jpeg ..so less details !!

2)Sorry could'nt snap the exact same frames !

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well it happens to me many times. Some videos don't play nicely in one player while they will in other player. But mostly MPC is winner in my case and sometimes VLC. Also VLC have some kind of problem with seeking but MPC is fine in that case.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Well it happens to me many times. Some videos don't play nicely in one player while they will in other player. But mostly MPC is winner in my case and sometimes VLC. Also VLC have some kind of problem with seeking but MPC is fine in that case.

Thanks bro !

Hope others would share their's !

lalam

In the zone
I use MPC-HC along with Ffdshow. I disable almost everything in MPC and let ffdshow handle it.

Many people prefer VLC but my opinion is MPC brings forth a hell lot more details in color and such.

Go here: ГлавнаÑ￾ Ñ￾траница - XvidVideo.RU

gameranand

Living to Play
lalam said:
I use MPC-HC along with Ffdshow. I disable almost everything in MPC and let ffdshow handle it.

Many people prefer VLC but my opinion is MPC brings forth a hell lot more details in color and such.
Well people prefer VLC for a good reason. It plays any file you throw at it hell it can ever repair your files which are kind of broken but MPC can't. Also With MPC I have to install K-Lite Mega Codec pack to use all the features while VLC has no such hassles but yes I do agree that MPC when combined with K-Lite can handle almost anything you throw and play Blu Ray better than VLC.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, that repair options saves me in quite a few times. I have never installed any codec pack but now may try to see if I was missing anything all these times.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Except deinter ... I don't see any distinct changes with VLC vs MPC

But only after core AVC pro !

Top Bottom