MPC or MPC - HC ?

gameranand

Living to Play
TheMost said:
De-interlace

Sorry abt that !
Well I actually googled that term and found nothing about this topic at all. :))
Well I observed some minor differences. Like Subtitle works better in VLC than MPC and seeking works better in MPC than VLC. Say if I have to see a scene longing several seconds then keep the mouse at that place and try seeking at that position again and again VLC would have problem but MPC would work fine. Also both have a lot of tweaks and you can find the difference in them.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Well I actually googled that term and found nothing about this topic at all. :))
Well I observed some minor differences. Like Subtitle works better in VLC than MPC and seeking works better in MPC than VLC. Say if I have to see a scene longing several seconds then keep the mouse at that place and try seeking at that position again and again VLC would have problem but MPC would work fine. Also both have a lot of tweaks and you can find the difference in them.

anyhow , nowadays i a, using

MPC + Core AVC pro for all my HD playback and they are really eye candy ! stunning ! :cloud9:

Thanks that i got this !

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ I saw your comparisions and yes VLC does have problems sometimes but I guess MPC works best with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. You just have to tweak some settings and you'll get the quality.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
^^ I saw your comparisions and yes VLC does have problems sometimes but I guess MPC works best with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. You just have to tweak some settings and you'll get the quality.

Tweak setting In MPC ??
Can u post screens ?? plZ !

gameranand

Living to Play
No. Not in MPC in the K-Lite configuration tools.
Go
Start->All Programs->K Lite Codec Pack->Codec Tweak Tools
You'll find all the options there. A to Z.

mitraark

Decrepit
I install K-Lite COdec Pack , and also use VLC Media Player , but mostly to watch videos i use KMPLayer. All 3 have seperate internal codecs.

Reason i install K-Lite = Many codecs , many video format support [ Some of which even VLC fails to play ]
VLC = Plays broken Avi files , Split 7-Zip 001 Files.
KMPlayer = Lots of tweaks available at hand , especially with subtitles, all having hotkeys. The subtitles look the best in KMPlayer when using the Bold option , but that is my personal opinion.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hey guys Gizmos Freeware Editor reminded me about pot player ..

Check that too !!

Its the top pick !

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah well I am quite comfortable with my 3-4 top class players so no need for additional players at all.
I use
MPC with K lite Mega Codec Pack
VLC
GOM
and sometimes KMplayer for several occasions. Although MPC and VLS are my favorite.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
^ anand i know u use only the best -- just cause of that i suggest pot player
the interface may be a little dull but it is really worth and actively developed..

doom9 info : PotPlayer x86/x64 (aka "KMPlayer Reloaded") ...in english now! - Doom9's Forum

gameranand

Living to Play
You know actually it doesn't depend upon the best. I am using MPC and VLC for quite a long time and I need a good reason to change that but this player don't provide me one. It can do almost anything but so does my trusty MPC and VLC. So whats so special about it nothing at all. Its just a good player in the marker. When you are using a software for long time you get used to it you get attached to it. I have explained the very same thing in other Thread also AFAIK.:))

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@TheMost: There is no difference in video quality between MPC & MPC-HC.
so u can use any.

& to get the best video just enable DXVA acceleration.
There are some players which uses GPU acceleration such as Splash Player
& Power DVD.

My Fav is MPC.just becoz I love the sharpness it brings in HD videos.

why do you guys even install codec packs ? I used to do that but now VLC is more than enough.

Two Reasons:
I) To Play Videos in Windows Media Player 12
2) Some video converters need codec packs while converting.

Top Bottom