mp4 converter needed for Sony Ericsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
I have a Sony Ericsson Z550i. Please suggest me a good software that can convert video files to mp4 for playback on my handset. Suggest me if u can, a freeware solution. Thanks...............

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
for mp4 videos, use nero recode and for mp4 audio (m4a) use nero encoder! they must be already on ur comp!!! :) serve the purpose very well for me!

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Nero Vision express is the best I think. it produces excellent videos with amazing sound clarity at surprising sizes in a SE phone.

OP
Shasanka_Gogoi

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
Lucky_star said:
Nero Vision express is the best I think. it produces excellent videos with amazing sound clarity at surprising sizes in a SE phone.

Can U please instruct me how to convert video files to mp4 using Nero Vision, so that they can be played on my SE Z550i handset.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Ok Here it goes:
  • Open Nero Vision, Click on Make Movie.
  • Import the video which you want to convert. Click on the places as I have mentioned below:
*img159.imageshack.us/img159/4572/nv1vk7.th.jpg
  • You can do some editing if you want. After that, Click Next
  • Click on Export Movie.
  • Select the Export Template as Nero Digital. Below Profile Select mobile AVC and click on Configure.
  • In the new Window that pops up, tick the checkbox named Expert Mode.
  • Clear the checkbox named Automatically select the best preprocessor settings.
*img355.imageshack.us/img355/9288/nv3vl6.th.jpg
  • Now Click on Resize option in the left and give a size according to the size of the screen. It should be in the ratio 4:3. Here I have given 128x96. It should match with your phone Z550i. You can increase it if you want better quality.
  • Similarly you can increase the audio format if you want better sound.
  • Higher the settings, greater is the size.
  • Click on Export and the Encoding is done.
Transfer the video to phone and see if it looks and sounds good.
Otherwise you can change the settings for better quality.
What I recommend is that if you have got enough space in your mobile, then Go for Standard Profile and keep the video size at 176x144.The videos will be crystal clear. :)

I am Exhausted...

amitava82

MMO Addict
I've tried half dozen 3gp converter, wested whole evening today to convert video that actually can be played on K310i but in vain.. :-( can someone who has K310 get me a solution... i had w300i before. i dint have any problem with that.. dunno why this k 310i is unable yo play any video other than its camera video :-(

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Any Video Converter is an All-in-One video converting tool with easy-to-use graphical interface, fast converting speed and excellent video quality. It allows you to effortlessly convert video files between every format! It can convert almost all video formats including DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to MPEG-4 movie format for iPod/PSP or other portable video device, MP4 player or smart phone. It also supports any user defined video file formats as the output. Any Video Converter makes it easy for anyone to enjoy any format video with your iPod, PSP, mobile phone or MP4 player.Goto *www.any-dvd-converter.com/

SUPER is a good choice, although i use the pir@ted version of xilisoft :-D And one more thing, if you need to convert mp3 to m4a files with eaac+ compression, you can use winamp too. starting from version 5.5, winamp comes with a format convertor for audio files. The mp3 converter needs registration , but mp4 convertor is free. right click on any file in the winamp playlist and choose sendto>format convertor. mp4+eaac+ is very good for conserving memory card space, a 80kbps mp4/eaac+ song sounds equally sweet as an 128 kbps mp3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom