Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
How about DBPowerAmp. I've used it a bit and quite liked it. Though i think u need 2 download Mp3 plugin extra from their site.

bala4digit

Journeyman
godsownman said:
Can somebody please suggest a good ,

WAV TO MP3 converter

"FREE RIP"....easy to use nd free>>>yes!!

godsownman said:
I am converting a few of my tapes to CD. I am using Jet audio. It also has a convertor but I feel it is not so good.

Also what is the kbps speed mean when we play it ?

What is the good ( kbps ) rate.

Regards

kbps mebbe means da amount of file read by da player while playing da song in secs......1 question frm me....how ru converting tapes to cds....pls gimme step by step procedure....nd id jetaudio free???

BYE!!!!

---------------MOJOJOJO-----------------

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
bala4digit said:
1 question frm me....how ru converting tapes to cds....pls gimme step by step procedure....nd id jetaudio free???

Its extremely easy .

You require,

1. A cassette player or a walkman
2. A cable ( I have explained below )
3. A software , like Jet audio
4. A cassette :))

Firstly you have to get a cable which has a pin that goes into the computer in the LINE IN slot. This slot is generally between the speaker and
the microphone slot at the back of your cabinet. Plug it in at both ends.

Try playing the cassette. If you hear the sound through your speakers then its all clear.

In case you do not hear, then click the volume icon in the taskbar ( on the bottom right of the screen ). Find the Line in slider and raise the slider to the top.

Install the software and run it .

Once the software is up and running, click record, select LINE IN and select a low volume in the slider next to it. (Remember its not good to record at a high volume because the speakers shatter later on. )

Once your done with that, press play on the cassette player and simultaneously press start in the software.

Now the recording is going on.

If you go in for the FREE cersion of the software you will not get the silence detector plugin.

Without this you have to manually record each track from the cassette or else it records as one long track. You have do the stop start business manually.

In the paid version it detects the silence and jumps to record in a new track.

This is about it.

After this you convert to MP3 format if you selected WAV format when you recorded.

2nd question

Jet Audio is available in 2 versions.

Free and paid.

Hope this helps.

Its actually very easy and comes with practice.

If you have any problems please do post here or PM me . I will be glad to help

Regards

ishaan

Padawan
a good converter is

EASY CD-DA EXTRACTOR v5.0

this not only has mp3 and wav but lottsa other stuff too

there are newer versions out there which i havent tried, cuz i think - if it aint broke, dont fix it

but it is paid...u can get around that by using cracks, but thats illegal

for a freeware converter, u can find some here - *www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwaudiocodec.html

----------------

kbps means the kilobits per second played or the BITRATE

more the kbps, better the quality

but also, more kbps means a larger size

a good kbps would be 128 or 192...more than that doesnt actually make that much of a difference and it increases the size of the file

if u wanna copy mp3s 2 ur fone for eg, the quality will anyways not be dat good unless the phone supports it

so if u make a file 96kbps also, its decent enough for a fone

the min is 8kbps but thats like 2 crappy 2 play anything

jus remember...128 is good enough

and also, u cannot convert a file n increase the bitrate, u can just make it lesser

so if u hav a 96kbps file and u make it 128 the size will increase but not the quality

bala4digit

Journeyman
hey!!!
tanx but....do v hav to wait upto da song's cumpletion to record it fully....so to convert a cassette to a cd it will take a sixty minutes 4 a 6 t mins casst....rite,,,or...less dan dat???

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks for answering all my previous questions.

Can you all please answer this question, which I had asked earlier.

godsownman said:
A QUESTION ON THE .wma FORMAT

My friend gave me a .wma CD today , After I copied the tracks to the computer and tried to play them, Windows Media Player took me to this site where I read the following,

Microsoft said:
A license is required to play this file
The file you are trying to play was ripped (copied) from an audio CD.

During the ripping process, the file was "protected." This limits the number of computers on which the file can be played.

To play the file on this computer, you must download a license (a process known as "license migration"). A license acts an electronic key that allows you to "unlock" a protected file and play it.

I have understood why this happened .

What I want to know is will this CD work in a player that supports .wma format.

If it will how will the player bypass this limitation.

Also, what precaution should we take when we burn CD's so that this error does not occur.

P.S. I am asking these Qs. because I do not have a CD player yet , I am using my computer presently to play all my CD's :) , Since I have a huge collection of cassettes they do not allow me to invest in a CD player :) :)

But now the time has come and I have to progress so thats why I am asking, before I actually buy.

Thanks once again

ishaan

Padawan
i think it will work...take a cd to the shop n try b4 u buy.

precaution - dont burn WMAs burn MP3s.

but u kno wat i think....i think u shouldnt get a WMA player...u dont really need it

an MP3 cd player is good enough cuz u can convert all ur WMAs to MP3s - it hardly takes any time

and most ppl hav mp3 players only so incase u burn wma cds and take it to a friends house or something n he got an mp3 player u can still lisin

and mp3s dont have all this jhanjat of licensing n stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom