Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Hi,

I am wanting to burn the MP3 files on my computer, not in the audio CD format but in the MP3 CD format.

I know that in this format ( MP3) we can burn over 100 songs in a single CD instead of the 15-20 songs in the Audio CD format.

I know that in Nero 6.0 ( the version that I have ) we get the option to create MP3 CD's.

What I was wondering is if I dont select this option and just select the Data CD option will it work.

I want to play this in all the CD players that allow the MP3 format .

Please advice.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
warrior said:
yups.. you can do.... i have 48 CDs of songs in Data CD Option. go ahead.
But warrior does data cd play in a cd player with mp3 capabilities? Cos in the past i was unable to play.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yes godsownman older (now older means really old ;) ) players couldnt play the data CD created MP3 cds dunno y but now all the cds can b played on the MP3 player regardless which make it is.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
tech_your_future said:
does data cd play in a cd player with mp3 capabilities? Cos in the past i was unable to play.

I write them in Data CD mode ..

My Sony RV-77D can play the Data cd format easily

It can even read the songs from a multisession .. software cd .. if it has mp3 files.

Also,
you can burn the wma, n mp3 one CD ... in Data CD option. :D

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Now i got a multiformat player which does play it. But, I'm not sure of mp3 players. Haven't bought one since last 5 years.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Hello,

Thanks for the responce . I was wondering if there are any precautions to be taken when I burn them like the speed of burning etc.

Should I burn at 24x or 40x ?

@Rollcage

You make multisession data cds also. WOW ! thats even better for me.Please Confirm

One more thing,

What is the reason for Nero to then provide Create an Mp3 CD option ?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Regards

ishaan

Padawan
if ur writer can support it and the cd can support it

(which i think they just b supporting)

then burn at the highest speed possible...if u get errors then lower speed next time

yes u can make multisession cds and use them on mp3 cd payers.

nero has that option so that if u want a purely mp3 cd, and u try 2 add a wma or ogg or something, it will not get added so u will get to kno that u wont b able 2 play that file unless u convert it 2 mp3 first

this is quite useful cuz lottsa songs r WMA and they dont run on mp3 cd players unless the player supports wma

Kniwor

Learner
mostly a data CD with MP3's can be played on player...but there can be problem if u have other data on that CD...

My player plays MP3's from multisession CD's...even when there's other data on the CD...I can view folders etc...so it's good for me..

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
About the writing speed, its always better use a low burning speed. I usually burn my cds (whatever the content and format is) on 16x. The more the speed, the more the chance for errors. and some players wont accept cds written on higher speeds, even if they claim so.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Another thing.

If I burn them onto the CD inside folders will it work or will it not work.

Thank - you everybody for so patiently reading and answering my questions.

Regards

choudang

Padawan
godsownman said:
Hello,

Thanks for the responce . I was wondering if there are any precautions to be taken when I burn them like the speed of burning etc.

@Rollcage

You make multisession data cds also. WOW ! thats even better for me.Please Confirm

One more thing,

Regards

try to burn it as possible low speed... MP3 and files should be burned in low speed, i don't know pro'ly, but may be it will hapmer the compression of the file.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
godsownman said:
Hello,
Burn at low rates .. 16x and for video I use 12x ..

at 24x it reads fine but Its always recomended to write at low rates for hi-fi music system .. It is just a precatution.. that we take

godsownman said:
@Rollcage
I dont know what you exactly mean .. by confirming ..

I use this n it works thats it..

what else can I say in this

godsownman said:
One more thing,
Regards
See .. that is for making sure that you write only mp3 on it

Secondly .. Some old music system had limited support for mp3 ..
so .. this option is to make sure that .. your cd complies with the standards of a mp3 cd-player :D

for those systems that can read CD-R & CD-RW ... it isnt necessary to use that option ..

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
A QUESTION ON THE .wma FORMAT

My friend gave me a .wma CD today , After I copied the tracks to the computer and tried to play them, Windows Media Player took me to this site where I read the following,

Microsoft said:
A license is required to play this file
The file you are trying to play was ripped (copied) from an audio CD.

During the ripping process, the file was "protected." This limits the number of computers on which the file can be played.

To play the file on this computer, you must download a license (a process known as "license migration"). A license acts an electronic key that allows you to "unlock" a protected file and play it.

I have understood why this happened .

What I want to know is will this CD work in a player that supports .wma format.

If it will how will the player bypass this limitation.

Also, what precaution should we take when we burn CD's so that this error does not occur.

P.S. I am asking these Qs. because I do not have a CD player yet , I am using my computer presently to play all my CD's :) , Since I have a huge collection of cassettes they do not allow me to invest in a CD player :) :)

But now the time has come and I have to progress so thats why I am asking, before I actually buy.

Thanks once again

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Can somebody please suggest a good ,

WAV TO MP3 converter

I am converting a few of my tapes to CD. I am using Jet audio. It also has a convertor but I feel it is not so good.

Also what is the kbps speed mean when we play it ?

What is the good ( kbps ) rate.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom