MP3 ringtones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aparajith

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Nokia 6630, I would like to know if it is possible to use MP3 files or OGG files as ringtones ? If it is possible how ? I saw that this was possible in a Nokia N-Gage. What file formats can be used as ringtones and if I need to use some files how do I do it (transferring it to my phone and activating it )

champ_rock

champ_rock
both can be used.......as ringtones.....

just select the song and then set it as ringtones.............

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
Hey,

I copied MP3 files to my memory card in the MUSIC folder. I am able to view them in the TRACKS folder of GALLERY. But in the options I do not find an option to set it as ringtone. Can someone give me the procedure for doing it ?

Aparajith .S

champ_rock

champ_rock
yeah the same thing happens with me sometimes... bit stupid.. may be this is the prob with u also...

just play the song... then stop it so that the MEdia Player window is open .... and then go to options........and set it as ringtone.....

when i got mine i got really angry as the option used to disapper and appear again and again..... didnt know what was causing the prob....

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
Hey I went to a WAP site and downloaded a few Poly and true ringtones thru GPRS. They were saved in the same folder as the MP3 were. I could set them as ringtones but not the ones transferred thru my PC. No idea what the problem is. Also the handsfree that they gave does not work. It gives me an error "ENHANCEMENT NOT SUPPORTED" when I plug it in. So am anyway taking it to the service centre. Will then ask them about the ringtone and tell it here. Thanks for ur help.

Bye,

gycapri

Broken In
frnz i've polyphonic indicom set ,can i cange mp3's to midi or any other format so that i use it as ringtone !!!

can anybody tell if i've a midi file & i want it on my mobile ,how can i have it????

my mobile doesnt support bluetooth !!!

champ_rock

champ_rock
mp3 can be changed to wav and amr formats only......... midi format basically gives info about the instruments therefore mp3 can never be midi.......

gycapri

Broken In
how can i use any datacable man ???
i came to know my mobile doesnt support bluetooth & also IR to transfer data !!!

so how can i transfer midi on my pc to my mobile ???

prash007

Journeyman
airight...go to "zedge.no" ...this is a free site. register for free...u can then upload ur midi's on ur upload shack and then download it by connecting to that site from ur mobile.

prash007

Journeyman
As i told u...its a free site..
Everything is free here...its got wallpapers,ringtones,ur upload shack, true tones..etc.

U can register for free...choose ur model and lo...
u ll hav a gallery of wallpapers! U can post wallpapers too! Everything is free...

gycapri

Broken In
is from this site downloading also free ????

but i dont have GPRS facility in my mobile then how im going to download it ??? is there given any sms no. but it too cost atleast rs1 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom