mp3 ID3 tag editor? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Now guys, the problem is; I have a huge collection of music. But its very un-organised. :(
And most Music Players worsen the issue. Thats because most of my songs do NOT have ID3 tags. And for many; its written wrong. Hence all the problem. Now I have found players which allow us to edit thos tags of individual songs.

BUT I want a software which will allow me to change the ID3 tags of a group of songs simultaenously. For example, songs from the same album; for them can I write the artist name and album name only once? I need a software for this purpose. In short I want a good ID3 tag editor and music organising solution. :neutral:

redhat

Mad and Furious
A good option for you would be Media Monkey. Its very decent and a good ID3 tag editor. Another option I personally liked is WMP 11. Just select the group of songs, right click and select "Advanced Tag Editor", its very neat... Also, in WMP 11, you just need to tag the album name, then clcik on find media info and the remaining will be done for you :D

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

PS: I am using Windows XP SP3 if that helps..

redhat said:
A good option for you would be Media Monkey. Its very decent and a good ID3 tag editor. Another option I personally liked is WMP 11. Just select the group of songs, right click and select "Advanced Tag Editor", its very neat... Also, in WMP 11, you just need to tag the album name, then clcik on find media info and the remaining will be done for you
Oh! Thanks. How could I miss it... MediaMonkey allowed editing of album name/artist name of a group of songs? And I havent used WMP 11 yet. Lemme see. :neutral:

rohan_shenoy said:
I can guess that
Yeah.. Having a huge collection of MP3s itself should be a testimony.. Though I have appreciable amount of legitimate CD rips as well.. And then we have oh so close friends with oh so great songs... :D

Last edited:

redhat

Mad and Furious
I used Media Monkey long ago, im not very sure of it. I didnt like like Media Monkey so much because it groups songs according to artists and not album artists. This makes a mes with English songs with a many of them having featuring artists.

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^^ So you want to classify the songs of.. for example.. Linkin park and Linkin park ft. Jay-Z differently? I never felt the need of such a feature. :neutral:

BTW guys.. I had been too dumb to look around. In fact once I searched for it in my current music player/organiser -> iTunes; it was right there! (the fucntion I was looking for... Not very easy but manageable.

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^^ Yeah. It a nice addtion that Metamorphose has ID3 tag editing as well. But here I'd want my music player to handle the stuff; which; many media players with organisers could do. Only that I did not know about it.

redhat

Mad and Furious
^^ So you want to classify the songs of.. for example.. Linkin park and Linkin park ft. Jay-Z differently? I never felt the need of such a feature. :neutral:

No, but media monkey lists artists as "Linkin Park" and "Linkin Park ft. Jay-Z" separately. So if i wish to play all Linkin Park, it will play all songs with Linkin Park only, if the artist tag in it states "Linkin Park ft. Jay-Z" it wont. The whole organising of songs should be on Album Artist, so that all songs from the same band are under 1 banner!

SommerLi

Right off the assembly line
When I need mp3 tag editor program I go to download archives, test several softs and decide on one. Here is a good one: *www.maniactools.com/soft/mp3tag-pro/index.shtml. A nice audio convertors' collection is here: *www.mymusictools.com/music_management_3/.

Ziza

Right off the assembly line
mp3Tag Pro is good, it can also download missing tags from Interner. Find it in Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom