Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

goobimama

 Macboy
Hmm. Sorry to barge in on this thread, but the Official Digit Mumbai Meetup is gonna be on the 26th. And most probably after the meet we are all gonna go watch The Dark Knight (which I keep hearing is awesome!). So if you wanna come, let me know!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Looks promising. My show should be today or tommorrow. I hope this would not be a letdown as the incridible hulk. Interestingly I have not seen ANY of the batman movies in my life.........lol..:). I wonder how would my experience be.
It's far from being anything but let down.It doesn't matter if you haven't seen any past Batman movies.And with past I mean the older Batman movies from Joel Schumacher & Burton.But you must definitely watch Batman Begins before going forward with this one.It depicts how Batman originated from Nolan's perspective which is something you will need before you head off to this film.

EDIT: Holy Freaking Space Shuttle! This movie is now at No.3 in Top 250 IMDB movie list.:shock:

goobimama

 Macboy
The top 250 movies are based on only the regular voters and not the riff raff. So you can't have an unknown movie with 25 votes @ 10/10 and show up in the No. 1 spot.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I know IMDB ratings aren't the pinnacle of everything.This movie will eventually dip down on the ratings but the fact remains it has 7k voters already within 1 day of it's release.That's enormous.I haven't seen so much enthusiasm for any Batman movie so far.My bet is Batman Begins has made up all this hype & thankfully this movie didn't disappoint one bit & became a far better sequel.Also on IMDB you can vote even if you haven't seen the movie.So technically it's not fully reliable.That being said you can check the reviews on the board, not one has negatively bashed it.The last time I saw such reviews it was only given for Rambo IV.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nah.It is an awesome movie but nothing which is above the likes of Gladiator & Terminator II.:D

But still a very astonishing achievement in such a short time.All hail Nolan.:D

ajaybc

Youngling
Slither- watched on u guy's recommendation.My verdict a variety horror movie.Great gore and violence.I liked it.
Thanks

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@ajaybc..lolz
its a dark humor horror movie, go watch teeth too. These movies aren't meant to scare you.
"Biatch is hardcore" part was damn funny

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
i just coudnt take my eyes out of the screen for teh 152 minutes it lasted.Loved each and every minute of it. Heath Ledger is a genius. Whoever the 2009 Oscar goes to, he shall know that he is the undeserving one. It is not possible to better this guy. The smug look in his face when being crashed against a glass wall, and his dark attempts at humour are out of theis world. Bale was good, but nowwhere close to Ledger. take a bow Ledger, BAn Drugs. :D

ajaybc

Youngling
@ajaybc..lolz
its a dark humor horror movie, go watch teeth too. These movies aren't meant to scare you.
"Biatch is hardcore" part was damn funny

i liked this movie.But I have seen half of Teeth and dint like it.

Iam now going to see Batman Begins.Have to prepare for the Dark Knight.

Last edited:

y2j826

Journeyman
i liked this movie.But I have seen half of Teeth and dint like it.

Iam now going to see Batman Begins.Have to prepare for the Dark Knight.

i love to watch batman begins and now ready for THE DARK KNIGHT . . .

but before batman begins i never liked batman series not in comics or not even in cartoons or movies . . .

and also finished BATMAN BEGINS game on ps2 this week . . . :D

Top Bottom