Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Could you guys recommend me some good courtroom drama movies? For example, A Few Good Men is a very good and famous courtroom drama movie.

Another category of movies I love is those that are full of absolutely well written, sharp dialogue; preferably witty. So, any recommendations?

Sourabh

Laptoping
aryayush said:
Could you guys recommend me some good courtroom drama movies? For example, A Few Good Men is a very good and famous courtroom drama movie.

Another category of movies I love is those that are full of absolutely well written, sharp dialogue; preferably witty. So, any recommendations?

Have you seen Boston Legal? It's a cool TV show with some courtroom stuff depicting life of some lawyers from a firm. Very funny, sometimes serious, best actors I've ever seen and just amazing dialogues! Mind you a lot of sexual banter!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
As long as there is no explicit sexuality, it'll suit me just fine. :)

But it's a shame that it is a TV show.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
aryayush said:

You can try LIAR LIAR. A few court-room scenes and a good comedy movie.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Few good men rocks.... One of the bests that I have ever seen... As far as other courtroom dramas are concerned.... Seen none like it....

By the way, can someone pease suggest me any movies similar to sin city? That B&W shooting with intermittent colour and all the killing and the environment is just great man.... Any similar ones?

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
aditya.shevade said:
By the way, can someone pease suggest me any movies similar to sin city? That B&W shooting with intermittent colour and all the killing and the environment is just great man.... Any similar ones?
Have you seen 300? It's from the director of sin city himself.

"Prepare for glory!"

hard_rock

Salieri Family
To add:
The Gridiron Gang - Its a real story where the supervisor at the Detention center (place where teen punks who committed crime are kept) shows them a way to lead good and better life by engaging them in football... THE ROCK has played that role.. An inspirational movie...

If you like Survival genre movies then here ae some:
Wrong Turn
The Hostel
The Hills have eyes
The Hitcher ...

All of these are thrilling movies but some have heavy gore in them.

For pure comedy..
Eurotrip : A complete FUN movie..I've never seen such a 100% comedy movie..Only for adults ;)

Police academy: Only parts 1,2,3 are good... Rest 4,5,6 seems just a time pass movies..Not so entertaining..

Epic: It is mimic of popular movies like NArnia, Superman, Pirates of Carribean.. Main story is based on Narnia story.. A good comedy movie

Scary Movie 4: Again a mimic of War of Worlds, The grudge etc..

Idiocracy: This one you must not miss... It is about how dumber people will be after 500 years... IDIOCRACY will be there instead of DEMOCRACY.. A good entertaining movie :) :)

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
^^Have u watched Schindler'e List The Good German or i say

Euro trip

or it may be

Sweet November

all are calssic movies

and the boosting

Enemy of the States
Saving Private Ryan

piyush gupta said:
^^Have u watched Schindler'e List The Good German or i say

Euro trip

or it may be

Sweet November

all are calssic movies

and the boosting

Enemy of the States
Saving Private Ryan

its enemy at the gates not of the gates.

divyeshashiya

Broken In
The IMDB Top 250 is the best compiled list of movies out there and believe me not a single movie which I have watched from this list has dissapointed me.I have seen 127 of the 250 films.(Yes,the Godfather truly is the best motion picture ever made!).Have to watch 300,Grindhouse and Hot Fuzz as these are the newcomers in the list.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
^^Arya

Its enemy of the states *www.imdb.com/title/tt0120660/

and there is another

Enemy at the gates *www.imdb.com/title/tt0215750/

@shri75 vbmenu_register("postmenu_502086", true);
i m talking about a movie on WWII and u about wil smith both are different movies

These are some of my fav.

Eurp Trip
A very very sexy comedy

Sweet November
Very cutee romentic love story

Enemy at the Gates
Saving Private Ryan
on World War II

Enemy of the states
On future tech. and personal privacy

And if u loves to see world war 2 movies
dont forget to see
Schindler's List
The Good German

About college life and nice courtroom drama
Accepted

about conspiracy
JFK

and latest mastt
bheja Fry

and wanna very very mental and need to understand
actually u have to see this movie twice to understand what its all about
The Fountain

anything else u wanna ?

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
aryayush said:
No, I haven't watched any of them. Do they feature courtroom dramas with good dialogue?

A Few Good Men is your genre of movie (Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Jack Nicholson and Kevin Bacon). Superb Movie
Philadelphia is a classic (Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks)

Top Bottom